Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spammers .. the fight goes on!

A moment of thanks for you guys when spam is reported

Here is my admin screen shot for the spam control plugin that I use, Ive just deleted some old logs, and what you see here are the spam registrations for the last 30 days only !!!! have a look at the number top right

spamscreen.jpg
    Attached Files
    Please don't PM me for plant advice.. thanks .. Post in the forum where I will gladly help, as will many of our contributors.. as the info and responses will help everyone else, which is why we exist

Muz when you report a poster as a spammer do they go on to a blacklist or such for other forums............or does each forum fight it own spam war........
    A driven man with a burning passion.

Comment

Originally posted by Stock View Post
      Muz when you report a poster as a spammer do they go on to a blacklist or such for other forums............or does each forum fight it own spam war........
      Many forums report spam to a central database, its this database that the forum checks to see if a registrant has a history and they get refused entry if they have form. I dont contribute spammers to this at the moment but it isnt too hard to set up, and with it being so well documented elsewhere I dont feel the compulsion to do so

That first pic looked a bit fuzzy so I'm trying to upload a better one
      Please don't PM me for plant advice.. thanks .. Post in the forum where I will gladly help, as will many of our contributors.. as the info and responses will help everyone else, which is why we exist

Comment

BAWS .. dunno why that looks fuzzy .. anyway you get the message 10,000 spammers rejected in the last 30 days

Comment

Hi Folks .. we are still getting the odd spammer in .. which causes me to do a bit of deletion work .. I dont mind this ofcourse, but I want to keep the forum free of spammers for you guys... so .. if you see any just hit the black triangle at the bottom left of their post

I delete a lot of wasters as they come in .. the antispam takes care of the other thousand ....

Comment

Will do Muz ,Forum has been a bit quiet of late .Things are Quiet around here ,so have not been able to add much myself ,bar the odd joke .

Comment

Thanks for the hard work you do Muz to keep the spammers away but I have to agree with Ian that the forum is pretty quiet lately except for my posts as of late. Hope your doing well.

Comment

Well on the upside theres one or two new registrants every day

Comment

And the fight goes on thanks to ianoz last week for highlighting a nasty Russian one who managed to fill the forum with 60 posts in 30 minutes .. so hopefully none of you guys were inconvenienced too much as I got it cleared up ... but its a proper shit storm when it happens. Ive re enabled a secondary line of defence for new registrants until this one blows over as I have seen a rise in spammage lately .. so just click the report button (black triangle) if you see anything people

Comment

'Tis a tough fight but someone need to do it..............keep up the good work
                    A driven man with a burning passion.

Comment

Working...
                    X