Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• new camera problem

Hi all
    I am trying to put some photos on a reply to a thread, but I just keep getting an error on uploading, I have a new camera which is where the photos were taken on and when I try to upload them it says they are 3.61 MB, I can upload a photo taken with my old camera, these are only 663KB.
    Is the size of file the problem, I have followed the instructions in the thread created by Muz, but the new bigger photos will not load.
    HELP
    Pete

Hmm .. the forum should accept the photo and resize it for you automatically ? I'll have a look
    Please don't PM me for plant advice.. thanks .. Post in the forum where I will gladly help, as will many of our contributors.. as the info and responses will help everyone else, which is why we exist

Comment

this photo is 4.94 MB on the computer

20130912_215816.jpg

shot with a 12Meg Galaxy 4S cam

Got reduced to 100K by the forum
      Please don't PM me for plant advice.. thanks .. Post in the forum where I will gladly help, as will many of our contributors.. as the info and responses will help everyone else, which is why we exist

Comment

You do need to copy the photo first to a local directory on your computer before uploading though

Comment

Hi,
          I had exactly the same problem with my photo's, they were about 5.4Mb and i got a little red X after trying to upload them. I mucked about for ages, but couldn't do it. I eventually found a website that will reduce the size to whatever you want, then you can upload them.

http://www.shrinkpictures.com

Bit of a pain having to do it, although it worked

Comment

The attachment manager is set to accept photos up to 10 meg .. and then resize them automatically .. It should be noted than new users do not automatically get to upload photos, they need to get their post count up a few before they can do so.. this prevents spamming

Comment

This pic is 4.3mb

20130913_120130.jpg

and took about 10 seconds to upload on a 35 Meg broad band connection , works ok for me guys ? I dont upload many pictures but the forum does it really easily I think
              Hydraulic oil -- its in my veins - - - well I assume thats what the pain is

Comment

P1010201.jpg I have been fiddling about and It appears to be 5Mb max to upload for me anyway. I tried a few pictures of different sizes, any thing over 5Mb failed, this one was originally 4.58Mb and worked fine. Maybe it is just my PC although it appears to be consistent.
                By the way if you have never see a proper water wheel, here you go, biggest in the world.

Comment

Tried again without success to load pictures, ended up going with 801-users advice http://www.shrinkpictures.com this took some time but had the desired effect in the end, thanks.

Pete

Comment

Originally posted by 801_user View Post
                    [ATTACH=CONFIG]2002[/ATTACH] I have been fiddling about and It appears to be 5Mb max to upload for me anyway.
                    OK thats good .. it lets me know there must be a limit .. which, I cant see at my end .. all my numbers look good .. I'll check with the hosts now and see if the server settings have been altered ... brb as soon as I know

Comment

Originally posted by 2414.ginger View Post
                      Tried again without success to load pictures, ended up going with 801-users advice http://www.shrinkpictures.com this took some time but had the desired effect in the end, thanks.

Pete
                      Got me on this one Pete Hosts have said its all good at their end too ? Ive had a look at your profile and thats all fine as well

Comment

Working...
                      X