takeuchi tb135

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• takeuchi tb135

hi i have a takeuchi tb 135 with a broken boom swing casting and was wondering if i could replace the two short king pins with one long one to get me out of trouble in the short term but the bushes on the machine part do not seem to line up should they or is the top plate bent , i have put a straight edge on the top and it could be. if so could i heat it and straighten it any advice would be great

Hi Mate , A photo of the problem area would help .
    I take it the casting has a lug where the short pins go though .
    I would Imagine it would put a lot more strain on the remaining one with one long pin .

Comment

Thats a fairly chunky king post your gonna have to give us pics so we can advise ..

I've upgraded your new start status for you to be able to do so

Some manufacturers have stopped using the same size pin on the upper and lower position Ive noticed also which might not help

lets have a look and see, and show us what you think has gone wrong
      Please don't PM me for plant advice.. thanks .. Post in the forum where I will gladly help, as will many of our contributors.. as the info and responses will help everyone else, which is why we exist

Comment

takeuchi tb 135

Originally posted by Muz View Post
        Thats a fairly chunky king post your gonna have to give us pics so we can advise ..

I've upgraded your new start status for you to be able to do so

Some manufacturers have stopped using the same size pin on the upper and lower position Ive noticed also which might not help

lets have a look and see, and show us what you think has gone wrong
        sorry not so good with computers dont know how to send photos will ask someone the pins are the same size top and bottom but the bushes dont line up any more so the long pin will not fit through the two.its the top pin bottom retaining lug that has broken in half where the pin retaining bolt went through if that makes any sense and yes i guess even if i could get the long pin in it would put to much strain on the boom casting.so i guess unless someone out there has a bright idea for a quick fix itll be down to a new boom casting many thanks diggerdog.

Comment

Maybe get a good welder to look at it .But if it is twisted Might be a lost cause .

Comment

Working...
          X