volvo ec15b

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• volvo ec15b

hi guys, great forum i have stumbled across, i have owned my volvo ec15b for 3 years, just recently the left track motor has become slow,after searching on here i decided to follow the instructions for pressure relief valve settings, turns out it is set at 165 bar so bang on.
    Is there any other reason for this slow tracking or do i need a new motor.

cheers Brett

Is this the pressure you are getting at the motor though ? cos even if the pumps putting that out .. theres a lot can go wrong between it and the drive motor
    Please don't PM me for plant advice.. thanks .. Post in the forum where I will gladly help, as will many of our contributors.. as the info and responses will help everyone else, which is why we exist

Comment

thats what i was wondering, but i only had the tips from a thread on here to test the pressure at test port, no idea how to investigate any further.

Comment

Well .. the main things that can go wrong are the relief valves on the block .. or a rotary distributer problem on the slew gear .. If youve tested pressure I'm assuming you have the gear (guages) ? then its just a case of putting them in line with one of the drive lines on the motor and checking the pressure when the motor stalls .. that will give you the maximum pressure down there

The 'B's were different to the ordinary EC15's .. just be aware of that .. the block is a different animal
        Please don't PM me for plant advice.. thanks .. Post in the forum where I will gladly help, as will many of our contributors.. as the info and responses will help everyone else, which is why we exist

Comment

Welcome to the forum Brett how old is your EC15, and how many hours has it done?

Comment

Yes I do have gauges but only have the end that fits a test port nothing for normal pipes.
            digger is 2007 and 2000 hours, I have put 700 hours on it up till now, mostly with the post thumper.

Comment

How are you getting on Brett? Did you break into the motor lines to test the pressure at the motors or not?

Comment

Working...
              X