jcb 3cx 2009 stops dead when you drop a gear

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• jcb 3cx 2009 stops dead when you drop a gear

hi i have a 2009 jcb 3cx sitemaster , lately when i drop down a gear it stops dead sometimes it doesnt do it, when it jams you have to put it in 4th gear has anyone ever had this?

Hi
    Please don't PM me for plant advice.. thanks .. Post in the forum where I will gladly help, as will many of our contributors.. as the info and responses will help everyone else, which is why we exist

Comment

Welcome .
      when you say stops dead, is it everything, engine etc or is it just the transmission. How do you normally get it moving again?
      A driven man with a burning passion.

Comment

type

powershift with torque lock ??

could be the stalk playing up , or recently i have had to have the trans ecu replaced ,lost 1st ,2nd sometimes 3rd never 4th though

Comment

yeahh powershif tourq lock when i put it in nutral then in 4th it goes again , it just stops moveing like the handbreak is suddenly put on , now ive lost 4wd today , max

Comment

ECU

Originally posted by Max Stacey View Post
            yeahh powershif tourq lock when i put it in nutral then in 4th it goes again , it just stops moveing like the handbreak is suddenly put on , now ive lost 4wd today , max
            yes mine got stuck in 4WD when the ecu went up the creek ,i would be looking at that perhaps , £700 i think the cost of it was
            better than the first diagnosis which was a new trans at £11 grand

Comment

ideal im going to the jcb factory tomoro il have a word up there , i hope it isnt to much , just a nightmare when it stops and wont go in gear at junctions and the 4wd not working , thanks max

Comment

while your there tell them the Eco 3cx is a poor excuse for a backhoe from me

Comment

JCB Trans

Originally posted by Max Stacey View Post
                  ideal im going to the jcb factory tomoro il have a word up there , i hope it isnt to much , just a nightmare when it stops and wont go in gear at junctions and the 4wd not working , thanks max
                  Hi Max,just like to know how you got on with your transmission problem.I have a 2009 3CX and sometimes won't change up from 4th to torque lock 5th or 6th and also won't downshift on hills.Then it can work fine other times.Any ideas??

Comment

3cx trans

Originally posted by d4c24a View Post
                    powershift with torque lock ??

could be the stalk playing up , or recently i have had to have the trans ecu replaced ,lost 1st ,2nd sometimes 3rd never 4th though
                    Hi,just like to know how you got on with your transmission problem.I have a 2009 3CX and sometimes won't change up from 4th to torque lock 5th or 6th and also won't downshift on hills.Then it can work fine other times.Any ideas??

Comment

ecu

My problems were solved after the new ecu was fitted , may pay you to check the speed sensors on the front of the crank and the gearbox ,also check the plugs on top of the box and the wiring harness ,as its prone to wear though on top of the box

Comment

Working...
                      X