lifton ls750 no drive

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• lifton ls750 no drive

hi all can any one help me I have an lifton ls750 on a 1998 or 99 which will not turn the wheels
    there is power to the
    SOLENOID VALVEs
    is it usual for the solenoids to be close when tested with multiy meter ?
    I have changed the oil
    it doze not seam to be engaging and the engine speed stays the same

20131210_115141.jpg20131210_115130.jpg20131210_115149.jpg20131210_115218.jpg20131210_115227.jpg20131210_115303.jpg20131210_115321.jpg
    Attached Files

Is the front pump doing anything (the one that does steering and all lift functions) ?
    Please don't PM me for plant advice.. thanks .. Post in the forum where I will gladly help, as will many of our contributors.. as the info and responses will help everyone else, which is why we exist

Comment

Hi Daz & welcome.

Your problem sounds much like we and others have had with this delightful (when it's working OK!) little dumper

If you haven't already, have a peek at our sorry but finally successful tale :- Lifton LS850 wont drive uphill

Bottom line is you'll probably need to test the output pressure of the main (not steering/lift/tip) hydraulic pump to determine if it is sufficient to provide drive.

Ours wasn't - hence the problem. Had it rebuilt by Servetech (servetech@btinternet.com) and all was cured.

Bon courage.

Rgds CL

Comment

Originally posted by CaptLimey View Post
        Bottom line is you'll probably need to test the output pressure of the main (not steering/lift/tip) hydraulic pump to determine if it is sufficient to provide drive
        As the two pumps are connected, I was trying to establish that the input drives to the pumps hadn't failed first , since there was no load on the engine
        Please don't PM me for plant advice.. thanks .. Post in the forum where I will gladly help, as will many of our contributors.. as the info and responses will help everyone else, which is why we exist

Comment

Originally posted by Muz View Post
          As the two pumps are connected, I was trying to establish that the input drives to the pumps hadn't failed first , since there was no load on the engine
          it looks like the main pump has gone down as I tested it yesterday with the rear test point and there is nothing
          every thing else looks ok
          doze any one no where I could get a second hand pump and how much would one be ish
          the front pump for the tip/lift all works ok

are the TEREX HD1000 a good dumper and any problems with them ?

Comment

Hi Daz & welcome.

Your problem sounds much like we and others have had with this delightful (when it's working OK!) little dumper

If you haven't already, have a peek at our sorry but finally successful tale :- Lifton LS850 wont drive uphill

Bottom line is you'll probably need to test the output pressure of the main (not steering/lift/tip) hydraulic pump to determine if it is sufficient to provide drive.

Ours wasn't - hence the problem. Had it rebuilt by Servetech (servetech@btinternet.com) and all was cured.

Bon courage.

Rgds CL
            yes I did ready this but yours is the newer one and found it help full
            this is the older one 99 with the steel engine cover
            how much was the rebuild if you don't mind me asking
            was told to test the test point nearest the engine on the right hand side as u sit on it
            there was no pressure

Comment

Originally posted by Muz View Post
              yes the front one doze the tipping this is working ok
              its the Rexroth that's at fault

Comment

Originally posted by daz View Post
                yes I did ready this but yours is the newer one and found it help full
                this is the older one 99 with the steel engine cover
                how much was the rebuild if you don't mind me asking
                was told to test the test point nearest the engine on the right hand side as u sit on it
                there was no pressure
                Hi Daz

Re the test point, yes it sounds like the correct place but I seem to recall that I put up pics of the test point we used on our post. We did have sufficient presssure for drive but insufficient to make a mild gradient with a load.

Re cost of re-build, of course you'll have to discuss the individual detail with Servtech but don't expect anything less than a grand. Research elsewhere on the 'net, without submitting the pump for thorough examination and estimate, suggested that starting minimum would be fifteen hundred quid!

Again Bon Courage!

Rgds CL

Comment

Hi Daz

Re the test point, yes it sounds like the correct place but I seem to recall that I put up pics of the test point we used on our post. We did have sufficient presssure for drive but insufficient to make a mild gradient with a load.

Re cost of re-build, of course you'll have to discuss the individual detail with Servtech but don't expect anything less than a grand. Research elsewhere on the 'net, without submitting the pump for thorough examination and estimate, suggested that starting minimum would be fifteen hundred quid!

Again Bon Courage!

Rgds CL
                  I think I will sell as spares or repair or strip it for parts
                  ever body thank you for your help

Comment

Working...
                  X