• Show
Clear All

• Time ro re finish my truck rims

Thought my trusty old Scanny needed a makeover

so they went from this

IMG_2158.jpg

To This

IMG_2159.jpg

Ive cheated though as Ive only done the outsides ... there isnt any point on doing the insides as they just get humped with rust and dirt in no time
    Please don't PM me for plant advice.. thanks .. Post in the forum where I will gladly help, as will many of our contributors.. as the info and responses will help everyone else, which is why we exist

I will bite , What causes the rims to rust that quick .
    Or are we sheltered here down under from the nasty rust monster .

Comment

Just the constant dampness and road salt in the winter . I've developed a theory for how often to do these now as I've tried several methods, including shot blasting , lacquering etc, most of it is a waste of time over here, the best and longest lasting rims are the original mfgs ones cos they are anodized from birth
      Please don't PM me for plant advice.. thanks .. Post in the forum where I will gladly help, as will many of our contributors.. as the info and responses will help everyone else, which is why we exist

Comment

Originally posted by Muz View Post
        Just the constant dampness and road salt in the winter . I've developed a theory for how often to do these now as I've tried several methods, including shot blasting , lacquering etc, most of it is a waste of time over here, the best and longest lasting rims are the original mfgs ones cos they are anodized from birth

The top pic is a rim that was shot blasted and painted. 2 years ago .. Don think the guy did a very good job

Comment

Working...
        X