Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JCB 3CX Need Hammer lines

Hi,
    I have a 1998 3CX Turbo and would like to be able to use it with various grabs, roatators, splitter etc for logging/forestry work. I assume therefore that the best option would be to fit hammer lines? I'm wondering where the cheapest place to get a set would be and what's involved. Any top tips appreciated.

Regards
    Adrian

Hi Adrian

Apart from the most expensive option of getting them from a JCB Dealer ... the simplest option would be to just plumb hose straight into the block and run it up the boom and down the dipper. Most people with an older machine will hang onto their pipework as it makes the machine more versatile, so I'd imagine it will be hard to find. Theres only a steel pipe up each side of the boom and two short ones down the dipper, the one round the base of the king post would be the most annoying to do without, as it shifts the pipework along with the boom when sliding to each side. Perhaps just buy that one and make up the rest.

Welcome to the forum
    Please don't PM me for plant advice.. thanks .. Post in the forum where I will gladly help, as will many of our contributors.. as the info and responses will help everyone else, which is why we exist

Comment

Hi,
      Thanks for that, certainly sounds cheaper getting lines made up. I'm quite happy leaving the back actor in one place. Where do I need to take the lines off though? You said the block? Not sure what or where that is? How about controls too? Again sorry for numpty questions......

Comment

What age is the machine ? ... I'm guessing you'll need to fit some micro switches, and solenoids on the valve block to open the ports for your flows that you need.
        Please don't PM me for plant advice.. thanks .. Post in the forum where I will gladly help, as will many of our contributors.. as the info and responses will help everyone else, which is why we exist

Comment

It's 1998 but this is sounding a bit too complicated!

Comment

Originally posted by Orphales View Post
            It's 1998 but this is sounding a bit too complicated!
            Sorry,,, I see that in your opening post also .. well the facility exists on your machine

Its not one I'm familiar with as to which ports to plug something into though .. perhaps others can help

but the services are there

Comment

hammer lines

there is quite a bit involved to fit them and use the existing pedal ,best bet would be to find a breaker with one such as this
              http://www.ekplantsales.com/componen...cb-3cx-breaker

you will get all the formed steel pipe work ,change over valves etc etc

Comment

Working...
              X