Small Update

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Small Update

Evening folks, I require to do a small security patch to the forum later, at some point in the next 2 hours it will go offline for 5 minutes or so whilst the update is applied.

Thanks in advance for your understanding
    Please don't PM me for plant advice.. thanks .. Post in the forum where I will gladly help, as will many of our contributors.. as the info and responses will help everyone else, which is why we exist

Ok here we go ....hold onto your butts
    Please don't PM me for plant advice.. thanks .. Post in the forum where I will gladly help, as will many of our contributors.. as the info and responses will help everyone else, which is why we exist

Comment

Sorry folks .. took longer than planned, but I was advised of a possible security leak so .. had to update accordingly .. nothing will appear any different ,.. just means we are 100% up to date from any hackers and dudes that cause trouble ... unless any of you guys want to start anything ofcourse

Comment

Good to see your keeping on top of things Muz . Thank you .
        Another forum I am on was going to up date servers ,said it would be off line for a maximum of 10 hours . Three days later ,it come back on line ..
        They hit a snag and basically we were back to where we started ,no upgrade and all the little problems where still there .

Comment

Originally posted by ianoz View Post
          Good to see your keeping on top of things Muz . Thank you .
          Another forum I am on was going to up date servers ,said it would be off line for a maximum of 10 hours . Three days later ,it come back on line ..
          They hit a snag and basically we were back to where we started ,no upgrade and all the little problems where still there .
          Cheers dude ... the problem with these updates is that at any time, you could lose the whole lot. If any part of the transition fails for what ever reason, and it could well be something completely out with the control of the Admin doing it, its (forum) gone

Backups are the key seems like common sense, but its just another chore that has to be done , now I'm touching wood as I type this.

I realise that it means peeps need to remember their passwords to get back in sometimes so if anyone has lost theirs they can re set it here

http://www.plantandconstruction.co.u....php?do=lostpw

Comment

Working...
          X