Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• KOMATSU PC20-6

Hi,
    Just brought myself another digger of of flea-bay after some theivin f@cker stole my last one.

I was so pleased at finding the right sized digger at the right sort of price i didnt look at all the finer points. I didnt want anything too special just something mechanically sound that would dig ditches, clean out barns, lay pipes and some general groundworks as the need arose.

Now i went to use it the other day and noticed the tracks were not quite right, and after a while using the machine noticed that the tracks were not the right ones for the machine, they just about fitted the sprocket, and fitted where they touched on the bottom rollers and idlers.

The big question is, what are the correct rubber tracks for a KOMATSU PC20-6? and what does anyone know about this particular machine? as it came without any sort of user or service manual.

You will have to forgive my ignorance on these things, i am a plumber mainly. BUT any help would be greatly appreciated.

Welcome to the forum .. Are they steel or rubber ?

If steels .. it may be someone has removed a link to tighten them up, but that throws the pitch out and wrecks the sprockets .. BTW .. did you ever play HL2DM ?
    Please don't PM me for plant advice.. thanks .. Post in the forum where I will gladly help, as will many of our contributors.. as the info and responses will help everyone else, which is why we exist

Comment

They are rubber tracks.
      It seems the bloke i bought it off of was a bit of a chancer, judging by the rest of the stuff he has for sale on fleabay.
      Have done a google search and come up with several different sizes, and wonderred if anyone here knew what the proper sized one were

Dont even know what HL2DM means

My handle is the title of a Kevin Bloody Wilson song - Does It Look Like I Give A F@@@

Comment

Originally posted by dilligaf View Post
        They are rubber tracks.
        It seems the bloke i bought it off of was a bit of a chancer, judging by the rest of the stuff he has for sale on fleabay.
        Have done a google search and come up with several different sizes, and wonderred if anyone here knew what the proper sized one were

Dont even know what HL2DM means

My handle is the title of a Kevin Bloody Wilson song - Does It Look Like I Give A F@@@
        Ah I see

Well if they are rubber they must be the wrong size for your digger for sure, or the wrong pitch (short/long) for the sprocket. If they are not too damaged you should be able to flog them ok .. speak to these guys for replacements http://www.astrakgroup.co.uk/rubber-tracks/default.aspx .. you'll find them helpful and informative, they'll give you the right size for your machine assuming it has the correct sprocket on it.

Your old tracks will be stamped with some numbers which will tell you the size ... usually its number of links x width x pitch so that would be something like this 56x30x28 for example .. you might need to give them a good clean to find it ... its usually on the upper side along an edge ... it would be good to find this incase the tracks are ok and its the sprocket thats wrong, if in doubt post a pic of the problem for further advice
        Please don't PM me for plant advice.. thanks .. Post in the forum where I will gladly help, as will many of our contributors.. as the info and responses will help everyone else, which is why we exist

Comment

Working...
        X