Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Brush clearance .. never seen anything like this tool

don't think its quite of our age

Please don't PM me for plant advice.. thanks .. Post in the forum where I will gladly help, as will many of our contributors.. as the info and responses will help everyone else, which is why we exist

and this one

Please don't PM me for plant advice.. thanks .. Post in the forum where I will gladly help, as will many of our contributors.. as the info and responses will help everyone else, which is why we exist

Comment

RG Letourneau's creations. His grandson put these videos up on you tube working with old movie film .Have not seen any new ones from him for quite a while .

Comment

OOOOH what an evil creation things like that which deprive the likes of me of good combustible material need to be banned. Better still let me burn it with the gas axe..................
        A driven man with a burning passion.

Comment

I am kind of missing the concept of what it for, as mentioned it is a waste of wood, also won't the squashed bushes just spring back up after a few days? Or is it a method of making a temporary way in for other equipment?

Comment

Idea was to knock it down and for the wheels to chopit up .Video was taken back in the 50s I don't think wasting firewood was high on the piriority list .

Comment

Originally posted by ianoz View Post
              I don't think wasting firewood was high on the priority list .
              It never is to those who don't need it..............But that was an atrocious waste of good firing......................
              A driven man with a burning passion.

Comment

Its just the whole massive innefficiency of the whole thing, including some of the most cumbersome machines ive ever seen ..

Comment

It is American, What do you expect ,Amall and efficient.

Comment

Stock if you lived here I could get you all the free firewood that you would ever need, I just came back from a drive with a friend of mine through the Sandilands Provincial Forest where a couple years ago a freak snow storm in early October devastated hug sections of forest by snapping trees about 1/2 way to 3/4 of the way to the top. Some areas have been logged to try and prevent forest fires in key areas around towns and in valuable timber land but there was so much damage they'll never be able to log it all. Many of the trails that I go Atv'ing on were completely covered and still haven't been cleaned off. And sadly with the Canadian Department of Bureaucracy they wouldn't let people take that fallen timber for firewood and they also restricted how far off the trail we could move it.....Sufficed to say they will regret it when things dry out and a match or bolt of lightning starts the inevitable unstoppable forest fire.... I do agree R.G. Letourneau was a little 'off his rocker' when it came to his creations.

Comment

Working...
                    X