HITACHI EX15 1.5 Ton Mini Digger not starting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HITACHI EX15 1.5 Ton Mini Digger not starting

Where should I start.Battery full leads to starter good continuity. Minor voltage drop from battery to starter .02 volts. Have earthed direct from battery to engine and chassis. Inspite of this engine turns a couple of times as if flat battery and then solenoid just clicks as if battery completely flat. Leave for a couple of minutes and try again. Same result.Faulty solenoid?

So the battery is fully charged ? .. might show 12v but have no cranking power ... theres a lot else it could be but lets start here .. have you tried a jump start or any other battery and checked your connections are good ?
    Please don't PM me for plant advice.. thanks .. Post in the forum where I will gladly help, as will many of our contributors.. as the info and responses will help everyone else, which is why we exist

Comment

Starting problems

Sorry about the delay in reading/replying Muz had to go out and now I`m about to retire so may not respond until tomorrow.. Have tried "jumping" with two other batteries. Linked a running car to the battery on board. Checked voltage to live terminal on starter. No noticeable voltage drop-none more than I would have expected. Checked continuity of positive to starter. Not yet able -without assistance to check negative to earth. Earth bonding "seems ok on visual check. Without wiring diagram is neutral fed through ignition? Is ignition likely to be the breakdown doesn`t seem logical though. Are there any relays that might be faulty to cause this problem?
      Regards JD

Comment

Doesent sound as if its getting enough juice. Bad earth would be the usual cause, but you say youve earthed directly. Can you access the starter terminals, and get 12v straight onto the starter and see if it cranks ?
        Please don't PM me for plant advice.. thanks .. Post in the forum where I will gladly help, as will many of our contributors.. as the info and responses will help everyone else, which is why we exist

Comment

not starting.

Well like a headless chicken as a last resort I put it on charge over night. Bit of heat this morning and a rapid turning engine it fired straight up. I think I`ll put it down to the end of a day and it being the 13th but will refit earth strap and check all terminals again this weekend. Dammed electrics. Thanks Muz for your input.

Comment

OK glad you've got it going .. here's the next things to check .. I don't know how you've managed it but , it sprang into my head at 5am this morning that I should reply to this post

Check your fan belt is of good quality and not missing chunks and that the tension is good .. could well be that's why your battery is not charging (or ofcourse some alternator trouble but less common)

Comment

Working...
            X