Gearbox problems on my Benford PS 3000

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gearbox problems on my Benford PS 3000

Hi again guys, looks like I'm in for as much fun as I had this time last year with the Lifton!

Whilst engaged on a job my Benford PS 3000 swivel tip dumper ('The Beast') got stuck in reverse gear. I took the top off of the Newage gearbox and found that the gearstick had apparently becom disengaged from the the first/reverse selector fork. I managed to disengage the reverse gear and re-insert the gearstick when replacing the gearbox top. I can engage/disengage first and reverse gears by holding the gearstick hard to the right when engaging but without definitive effort to hold the stick over it jumps out of the selector fork. On examination of the relative components, including the gear stick, there is some obvious wear but no apparent cracks/breakages. I suspect that I'll need a few new parts including the gearstick and maybe selector forks.

Has anybody had a similar problem?

Is there anything I can try befor removing/dismantling the gearbox?

Any tips and tricks?

Regards CL

Found the problem

After taking the top of the gearbox off and poking around a bit I noticed that where the end of the gearstick engages with the selector forks there is a component that appears to keep the stick in place when in neutral. I managed to remove this part without too much trouble and found that the lower section of it had snapped. A quick call to Wildes Parts Supplies located a replacement which sould arrive soon. What a relief that (I hope) I don't have to take the box out!
    Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by CaptLimey View Post
      After taking the top of the gearbox off and poking around a bit I noticed that where the end of the gearstick engages with the selector forks there is a component that appears to keep the stick in place when in neutral. I managed to remove this part without too much trouble and found that the lower section of it had snapped. A quick call to Wildes Parts Supplies located a replacement which sould arrive soon. What a relief that (I hope) I don't have to take the box out!
      Well done cap'n .. the gang were quiet on this one .. good you found it
      Please don't PM me for plant advice.. thanks .. Post in the forum where I will gladly help, as will many of our contributors.. as the info and responses will help everyone else, which is why we exist

Comment

Originally posted by Muz View Post
        Well done cap'n .. the gang were quiet on this one .. good you found it
        Hi Muz, yes I noticed a distinct lack of initial response. I know that sooner or later someone would have come up with a helpful comment, I simply found the cause quicker than expected. I just hope that my post will help someone else in the future.

Rgds CL

Comment

Sorry CL ,Aussie land Has very few of the little beasts ,so could not offer any words of wisdom .

Comment

Originally posted by ianoz View Post
            Sorry CL ,Aussie land Has very few of the little beasts ,so could not offer any words of wisdom .
            Hi Ian and thanks for your input. I just hope my post might help anyone with one of these 'little beasts' that are rare in your neck of the woods.

Rgds CL

Comment

Hi Ian and thanks for your input. I just hope my post might help anyone with one of these 'little beasts' that are rare in your neck of the woods.

Rgds CL
              I'm sure it will Cap'n .. and thanks for it , for the help of those on the look out .. now more to the point .. have you made any wine 'en france' as yet ......
              Please don't PM me for plant advice.. thanks .. Post in the forum where I will gladly help, as will many of our contributors.. as the info and responses will help everyone else, which is why we exist

Comment

Originally posted by Muz View Post
                I'm sure it will Cap'n .. and thanks for it , for the help of those on the look out .. now more to the point .. have you made any wine 'en france' as yet ......
                Hi Muz

Re making wine - not a problem I need to bother with here in wine country when I can buy delicious red/rosé for just over a pound a litre!

We visit our local vineyard with a couple of 11 ltr 'cubis', collapsible plastic boxes in a cardboard case, with a tap on the front and get them filled direct from the vat. The rosé goes into the fridge and 'hey presto' delicious wine on tap for BBQs and parties all summer long.

As the French say 'La vie est belle'.

Rgds CL

Comment

Hi Muz

Re making wine - not a problem I need to bother with here in wine country when I can buy delicious red/rosé for just over a pound a litre!

As the French say 'La vie est belle'.

Rgds CL

Fantastique! Tout cela semble merveilleux, je suis un amoureux de la France, mais ne parlent pas français aussi bien

but I do try

Comment

Hi, which part number was it you had to replace? Have got exactly the same issues. Cheers

Comment

Welcome to the forum . The original poster has not been back to the forum in over 5 years , so Idoubt you will get a reply from him .
                      All i can suggest is contact the firm he referred to .https://www.atwildeplantparts.co.uk/
                      Give them the make and model number with serial number .. Describe the part as he did above to spare parts guy . Then keep fingers crossed that spare parts guy is helpfull

Comment

Working...
                      X