Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking at a 801.4 later. Any tips

Hi All

Looking at a 1997 801.4 later. Old girl but I only want it for some projects at our new home that need some serious love

Just wondered if there are any major points or faults I should be looking out for ???

Any help really appreciated

Originally posted by craig7 View Post
    Hi All

Looking at a 1997 801.4 later. Old girl but I only want it for some projects at our new home that need some serious love

Just wondered if there are any major points or faults I should be looking out for ???

Any help really appreciated
    Other than the fact JCB made it ? .. I'm just messin wit ya ... it will do the job, but there are better machines out there that will give you less trouble and hold their value better, like Kubota or some Volvos
    Please don't PM me for plant advice.. thanks .. Post in the forum where I will gladly help, as will many of our contributors.. as the info and responses will help everyone else, which is why we exist

Comment

Originally posted by Muz View Post
      Other than the fact JCB made it ? .. I'm just messin wit ya ... it will do the job, but there are better machines out there that will give you less trouble and hold their value better, like Kubota or some Volvos

Whaa haa I was waiting for that... lol...

I was surprised actually how good condition it was in especially for price. Few silly simple things need doing (new locking fuel cap, seat, etc) so after any decent part suppliers if anyone could direct me would be appreciated

Also going to give it a general service . Don't suppose anyone would happen to have a manual would they ? or know where could get one ??? found one for the newer models but not a 1997

Any help appriciated guys, thanks

Comment

Don't suppose anyone would happen to have a manual would they ?
        Oooohhh ... thats a bone of contention round these parts .. many have offered services .. with little in return .. perhaps crossing one of the forums members palms with silver might get results

Thats for you guys to arrange ... as they say in Dragons Den .. I'm out
        Please don't PM me for plant advice.. thanks .. Post in the forum where I will gladly help, as will many of our contributors.. as the info and responses will help everyone else, which is why we exist

Comment

ah ok I get that and understandable...

Had it in another forum i'm a member of which is now solved pretty well. Made most of forum open but a certain section with downloadable info and manuals in a paid section. Its only like $10 a year but keeps out the 1 post beggars and info is there for all the decent contributors to have all they want (and helps pay for the forum and other bits etc)

Comment

Hi Craig
            Welcome to the forum.
            If you send a PM with your email address I will send you a copy of the service manual, which was very kindly sent to me by Rob-b.
            All the best with your new toy, it's surprising what you can get done with a small machine.
            Regards Pete

Comment

Would be much appreciated Pete, thanks indeed

Anyone with one got theirs piped for a breaker?

Comment

On it's way to you.
                Forgot to add,I got fixed for filters from these people, very helpful.
                http://www.merlindiesel.com/
                Pete

Comment

Thanks Pete very appreciated :D

Anyone had any joy finding a replacement seat or is it just a case of scouring ebay still a decent one comes up ?

Comment

btw Pete thanks for the link to Merlin guys

I found these guys he other day who had a kit listed for the 801.4 http://ricoeurope.com/fastfind/JCB-8.../314/3772/1709

Comment

Just seen this on ebay.
                      http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?_fr...+diggers&rt=nc

Comment

Hey Pete , You might want to check the link you put up It shows the whole mini digger catagory . I presume you wanted to show a particular machine .

Comment

OK Ian, so it ended this was what I was after,
                          http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/NEW-Digger...item3cd07dc207

Comment

Would be much appreciated Pete, thanks indeed

Anyone with one got theirs piped for a breaker?
                            my 8018 I have now and the one I had before are/were piped for a braker

Comment

Ebay UK must work a little different to here .If it is a recently ended item here,it still shows it , but states it has ended or been relisted .
                              Strange . I had a JCB bonnet on my watch list from UK Ebay . 5 years later , it is still on my watch list and still viewable. The mysteries that is Ebay .

Comment

Working...
                              X