Travelling on road

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Travelling on road

Ive been asked by a pal to do a wee job in the garden of his new house. About a days work. Its about 200metres along the road from our plot where the machine is, through a council estate.

Whats the legalities with tracking along the road, Its a hitachi zx50 on rubber tracks. Would be 70 quid each way on a wagon.

Al.

I'd just do it .. but have a banksman to warn traffic .. make sure he wears Hi viz and get beacons on etc .. the correct legality is it should be road registered, and get a number plate would you believe ? .. and a small amount of road tax to pay when you register it. ... if its a digger doing street works, this is how it must be done.

Is it a busy road ?
    Please don't PM me for plant advice.. thanks .. Post in the forum where I will gladly help, as will many of our contributors.. as the info and responses will help everyone else, which is why we exist

Comment

Thanks Muz, that sounds like the way to go. Its not a busy road and very little chance of police passing. If somebody decided to phone them, which I doubt, we would be of the road by the time they arrived.

Thanks again

Al.

Comment

insurance

Just take into account the implications if an accident did occur and make sure you are covered , myself i would have a road legal vehicle close in front and behind so they took any hits

Comment

Working...
        X