No announcement yet.

Druidic exploits of a various nature!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• so..... Grass massacred beside the drive for another week once the switch'd been sorted

followed by the lawn with the Countax .....was finally feeling relatively normal again, at last and ready to get going again ......... 'bout bloody time

spent a couple of hours Thursday clearing up the 'horsey girls' crap, up at the turning area
    horse shit and straw everywhere ..... forgot to take one 'fore I got going on it ...... but this was 3ft deep in crap .... needs to dry some more now it's uncovered ... flat it over again and could really do with a load of planings over it ....... they're too bloody idle to walk to the back edge and tip their barrows over it ..... words will be had AGAIN !!

all the big bales gone, so a major square up right across and flatted out all the ruts, the traccy boys made shifting 'em ..... was looking 100% tidier afterwards

forecast is good and dry for the next 10 days, so a.n.other hour to finish off when it's all dried again and the job's a good un .... might actually have a decent Easter w/end for once

Had the pleasure of Daz's company (from the CEF) for several hours on Friday .... came down to collect these ....

have a mooch about, generally chew the fat and attach his seal of approval to the 'Drema, after some seat time playing with it ... think he may be back for some more of the view ... soon .....and almost certainly accompanied next time
    Was great to meet you and have a proper chat at last Darren, rather than passing ''Hiyas'' at Welland or brief tel. con.s

As said on the day ...He's welcome anytime Daz fancies chilling in the sun for a few hours and letting the world go by !!

gave the Coutax yet another clean out yesterday morning in an attempt to get yon lawn, as short as poss .....

can't believe the amount that accumulates in the deck in a few cuts !!!

Blades off .. good clean around the spindles and a serious touch up with the 4" grinder .... desired result achieved ... one very short cut lawn !!

spotted some lodgers in the 'Drema's wheel wedge as I walked past it ....

couldn't see any inhabitabts and guessing it's a bird rather than a mouse ... access'd be interesting for a long tailed furry friend!!

Better have a good look around it elsewhere ..... don't want anything catching fire !!!!
    Last edited by v8druid; 21-04-2019, 08:29 PM.
    If it's got tracks, wheels, t*ts, or an engine, at some point it's gonna give you trouble!!

Comment

• Arghh ...... FFS .... muz - loaded in the same way as I always do ... some're showing some ain't all photobucket as usual with url pasted straight in from bucket's link

on edit

just reloaded them again and are showing ATM
      If it's got tracks, wheels, t*ts, or an engine, at some point it's gonna give you trouble!!

Comment

• were there Druid but missing now...............................
        A driven man with a burning passion.

Comment

• Originally posted by v8druid View Post
          Arghh ...... FFS .... muz - loaded in the same way as I always do ... some're showing some ain't all photobucket as usual with url pasted straight in from bucket's link

on edit

just reloaded them again and are showing ATM
          strange cos photobucket is https too ?
          Please don't PM me for plant advice.. thanks .. Post in the forum where I will gladly help, as will many of our contributors.. as the info and responses will help everyone else, which is why we exist

Comment

• Originally posted by Muz View Post
            strange cos photobucket is https too ?
            yeh tell me ...... gone dog slow too .... just lost my original reply to you when I pressed preview and it didn't come back .... just the quote -- smilies won't load now either it took over a minute for the reply window to come up after pressing reply

Comment

• missing pic loaded as per normal ..... see if it comes up ??

Comment

• over 4 minutes for the pic to show in the post Muz ????

Comment

over 4 minutes for the pic to show in the post Muz ????
                  OK .... after last night's 'performance' let's see how this copes with a lil' test ?

Lifting a new MRI scanner into the scanner suite I built the steel frame structure for, on the roof of the local hospital ten years earlier

Liebherr 500 tonner ... max ballast, max load, max reach ...... 6.5 tonnes at IIRC 70m

Smilies're working OK 'ce matin' ..... here goes ....... and "submit reply"

Comment

• "perfick"

Comment

• There's a bit of flex in that boom !

Comment

• Originally posted by AndrewMawson View Post
                        There's a bit of flex in that boom !
                        Aye .. wouldn't have been feasible without the 'superlift' rigged

here's some more 'deflection' pix for you ..... modern machines are designed to do it unlike the old 'rigid sticks' of old .... Need balls of steel to trust 'em not to snap ... SLI or no

deflection 3 GMK 5275 with 208’ main boom and a 95’ jib at a 40 degree offset.jpg
                        deflection 1 A 250-ton Grove making a 238 ft. radius lift..jpg
                        deflection 4.jpg
                        deflection 2 Grove 5160.jpg

Comment

• all "cooking on gas" again Muz

Comment

"perfick"
                            not

[ATTACH=CONFIG]4360[/ATTACH]
                            A driven man with a burning passion.

Comment

• Originally posted by Stock View Post
                              not

[ATTACH=CONFIG]4360[/ATTACH]
                              Odd Stock ..... Andrew could see 'em .... your puter older than mine?? ... clockwork, as opposed to steam 'peut être'

Originally posted by AndrewMawson View Post
                              There's a bit of flex in that boom !

Comment

• try this one then Stock ???

another gorgeous day in Druid central .... stretched the Dane's legs again this afternoon ... it's never run so well .... all 'cos of a dodgy ign. switch ..... one for the memory banks

put the Countax's sweeper over over it all and collected up the Dane's carnage ....

can be a bit bit exciting keeping all four of its wheels on the deck ... bit like riding a racing sidecar at times, whilst trying to keep enough of a bum cheek on the seat's cut out to keep it running

should be good for a. n. other week, or more, now it's good and short ...... bank, t'other side of the driveway's next .... that can be a fun hour

Comment

Working...
                                X