Page 128 of 128 FirstFirst ... 2878114115116117118119120121122123124125126127128
Results 1,271 to 1,272 of 1272

Thread: Druidic exploits of a various nature!!

Druid central, just East of Pandy, Nr. Abergavenny, S. Wales, UK, 3rd rock from the Sun

Did I want a job as maintenance engineer ...... er ... no ta .... they break stuff faster than it can be fixed apparently

these arrived Saturday ......

and got tailed ready to install

spent a bit of time yesterday afternoon making some space in a box .........

(the bench'll need some forks to assist it out the door with its current 'occupants', so's I can relocate them too .. the area is bigger than it looks in the pix and said m/c'll fit fine)

.ready for a Lion ..... it'd re-appeared on an auction listing this time 500 quid cheaper than the BIN listing previously Guy had gotten back to me with the news that it was deffo an ISO 40 int quill taper and I'd said I'd have it ....
    Call later in the day to say he'd got someone local wanted to come view it too ..... "would he hold it for me if I sent him a 10% deposit, direct transfer now ?? "
    er... he'd said he could come look at

Spoke to the seller late tuesday night... had the local been?
    he had, but didn't leave any deposit and wanted to come back wednesday with his biz partner first ..... " so you still won't take my deposit and I collect it Friday "? NOPE

Hadn't heard from him wednesday but he'd ended the listing, so either the local'd had it ... Or I'dget a call this morning for my deposit .??? Hmmm!! so it was fingers crossed ...... one sweet machine .... especially for 2k
    If it's got tracks, wheels, t*ts, or an engine, at some point it's gonna give you trouble!!

Druid central, just East of Pandy, Nr. Abergavenny, S. Wales, UK, 3rd rock from the Sun
    someone winge-ed the other day, that I never take any pix from this angle .... so just for them ......

complete with obligatory black cat/co-pilot

and here's one off the patio last night ... this takes off regularly from down there

The red thing in the middle

Text last night at 11:30 ..... the local had been and paid for the Lion ..... hardly surprising .. want his arse kicking if he hadn't
    don't come along like that very often

email from the seller today to say - thanks for the interest and " Spoke to the original importer told me they were made in Taiwan he imported over 300 and only had call outs to 20"
    so back to trawling again .... have another make/model in mind ....... or another lion, praps ... the Taiwanese Bridgeport copies (some on steroids) were all pretty solid tools

Had yet another day on the Vac mixer ... actually doing what i'd gone to do yesterday .... good progress today

clever bearings these ... split bodies and cages .... well handy dealing with 3" dia. shafts that need to be aligned to the thou.

the guts of the beast

the motivator ..... a good half a tonne of drive unit

got it back in spot

and shimmed up/aligned ..... perfectly to 0.5 thou .... do me ... blind man be glad to see that half thou

eventually

buttoning down the hatches ready for a test run

worked a treat, ran like a watch and held vacuum beautifully
    just got a car full of tools to unload tomorrow

If it's got tracks, wheels, t*ts, or an engine, at some point it's gonna give you trouble!!

Page 128 of 128 FirstFirst ... 2878114115116117118119120121122123124125126127128