Page 138 of 138 FirstFirst ... 3888124125126127128129130131132133134135136137138
Results 1,371 to 1,373 of 1373

Thread: Druidic exploits of a various nature!!

Druid central, just East of Pandy, Nr. Abergavenny, S. Wales, UK, 3rd rock from the Sun
    Lie in this morning .. just getting up at 7.15 and Vicki phones to say Clara'd been up most the night, not well, so .. day off.
    Sadly it has absolutely pi**ed down here since the early hours, so not done a lot either
    looked like it might clear later, so Ajax time after a bite of lunch !

well it did stop and I ran the genny up .... after setting up for a 'boring' afternoon ....
    got 13 done, which I had cut previously ...
    would've cut some more, but it was dark by the time I'd gotten through the pile I already had ...
    job for tomorrow 'praps ..... left the Ajax set up in case
    ... then found a set of four I'd done ages ago, which i could've stuck on the adapter yesterday
    (a).. if I'd known they were there
    and
    (b).. hadn't had to dash off to collect the little 'un at 15.00 ...
    day shot after half an hour in the park next to the school

the CDS is not the 'roundest' of sections ... internally anyway ...... they'll do though

49 rpm and .016 feed rate, on the quill, but didn't have to take a great deal out so circa 15 thou cut to get to the desired 70.2mm and only 20mm depth ....
    could probably get away with doubling the spindle speed, but the faster you spin it the more centrifugal influence you get, on the vertical tool (and possible chatter) so kept the tool as short as possible ..... not so a horizontally mounted cutter though and no flex in the cutter shaft

these machined out pretty well, on one pass, but slow at that speed .. they'll certainly do for what I want them for
    If it's got tracks, wheels, t*ts, or an engine, at some point it's gonna give you trouble!!

Druid central, just East of Pandy, Nr. Abergavenny, S. Wales, UK, 3rd rock from the Sun
    Pam's dropped into Crimbo mode .... I just love searching the attic for all the accouterments :help: .... 'specially as it was dry and the yellow thing was out to play this morning .... so .. some time later .. I eventually escaped to me box.

had a bit of a head count on boss requirements for what was missing and what I have planned / on the cards and set up the Startrite ...

slight problem with having it plugged in to the genny ... t'other outlet's a 32 Amper, so had to spend a bit of time creating an adapter to run anything else on a 16A plug ... like the Ajax or the belt grinder ....

so a two into one got stuck together and was able to hover between the saw and the miller simultaneously speeded up the extra 15 boss's production no end, especially as they'll both quit at predetermined points with the stops set Genny ran faultlessly again, with no issues, first flick ... hopefully that terminal I gave some attention to WAS the issue all along

got 'em all bored, then gave 'em all a good fettling on the belt grinder .....

before having a major tidy up ... swarf everywhere ... not good for cat's paws or getting stuck in yer boots
    everything away and tidied up just in time for tea at six

tomorrow's looking good on the forecast, so we might get the SEC de-oiled and plumbed for a trial, before dropping the adapter back off it for some of these bosses and some corner trimming/fettling .... 'fore Mogman gets on my case for sharp corners
    If it's got tracks, wheels, t*ts, or an engine, at some point it's gonna give you trouble!!

'Twas a wild night here, last might .. God knows what the West coast of Paddyland was like .... had a horrendous forecast, according to the box.. bad enough here!!
    Pam on a mission this morning .. headed for town .. in Crimbo mode ... 'least I wasn't involved, other than the list I got left for this morning's adventures.
    Bloody twinkly lights !! Clara does love 'em though .. Four inches of water back in the fish pond .... as I said was some wild night and sort a few other bits an' bobs ........ and I was sorted ...

Time for some oil extraction ....

tha's one side of the cylinder closed up tight as ...
    plumbing off to the port and drained, blown out and refitted ...
    not a lot in it thankfully ... then on to t'other ...

not much in here either ... pipes blown through and the ports .... couldn't have been a lot left anywhere ...

sorted some FF males and got 'em screwed on to the pipe ends, then quietly fed it some Plantohyd .... this is 61.5" full open ..

surprised the ports're only 3/8" on it ... half would've been a better bet IMHDO ... but it gets there .

glad I added the extra inch to the one pair of legs on the adapter ... would've been too close for comfort without it ... if not too tight

hose lengths were fine, fully crowded and open, but closed and extended out was a different matter .... another 12" needed .... so found meself some 18", half inchers ... which annoyingly were BSP/metric, but luckily had some suitable 1/2"BSP/metric adapters and it all went together nicely ...

with plenty of tolerance to thread 'em through me 'carrier' rings ....

gonna have to watch they do not get snagged on those protruding pins though ... couple more rings might be on the cards to be sure
    Will have to have a look another day .... Pam back and wanting to do me treatment, as we'd left it this morning, in deference to her 'mission'.

so left the SEC on and dropped the 'Drema out on her parking block, found another for the SEC ....

...... and scuttled off indoors, after a major square up, for some more plumbing ..... of a different kind .... in me arm !!

.......But not before doing this one for you lot ...

shuts with a hell of a 'CLACK' ... You'd deffo not want to have anything you value in there ... and that's on 180 bar, on me rotate line
    need to acquire a check valve for the closure port .... from my experiences with me Cranab, these things tend to 'let go' quietly without a check in the circuit, at the port.

Interestingly when I ran her up this afternoon, everything on the dash worked perfectly ..
    the odd temperamental switch (which're always annoying) performed faultlessly ....
    but more annoyingly, the auto throttle settings seem to have got their head in a knot ...
    will have to put the tacho on it and see what's what .....
    idle is well low and the first 'S' throttle setting (1400rpm) is too ....
    hence the low(er then usual) throttle setting in the vid ......
    curiously the 'L' setting (1800rpm) sounded about right to my ear ...
    Summat's either gone out of adjustment .. or summat stuck, isn't any more ??

Page 138 of 138 FirstFirst ... 3888124125126127128129130131132133134135136137138