Page 136 of 136 FirstFirst ... 3686122123124125126127128129130131132133134135136
Results 1,351 to 1,354 of 1354

Thread: Druidic exploits of a various nature!!

Druid central, just East of Pandy, Nr. Abergavenny, S. Wales, UK, 3rd rock from the Sun
    Got this on the bench earlier in the week in the odd dry hour we've had ...

and split, to deal with the not insignificant dent hiding behind a weld or three .

little extra point pressure needed in a few spots ...

a 10mm nut taped in position, here and there, worked a treat

back together and it goes full range ...

thought I was gonna have to find a new bit of SHS for the outer other wise
    If it's got tracks, wheels, t*ts, or an engine, at some point it's gonna give you trouble!!

Druid central, just East of Pandy, Nr. Abergavenny, S. Wales, UK, 3rd rock from the Sun
    I'm reliably informed this morning, that all my woes started on this day 20 years ago

took Pam out on our first (blind) date ..... an' she didn't draw breath all evening !!
    .... some might say a 'wiser' man'd taken that as a sign of things to come
    I blame Kevin Philips, her work colleague, and mutual friend, whom she tasked with the 'project' of finding her a suitable fella to accompany her to the BWW crimbo bash in '99, as she was fed up of going on her own, after her divorce some time before!!
    I had ABSOLUTELY no idea who she was, or what she was like ... other than Kev's assurances she was "alright " ...
    lyin' bar steward

I really have no idea WTF the last twenty years have vanished to but we've made a pretty decent team, along the way .... two strong willed, very independent people, may not have been the best of combinations at times, but between us, there ain't much we can't cope with or handle.
    Can't imagine what she went through in 2010, having not long moved here, when I got whisked into hospital, middle of the night, on a blues and two,s ride, body shutting down, with a distinctly serious possibility of not coming back !!!

she coped, nursed me back from, what was at the time, the edge of an abyss and has taken on the weekly responsibility for keeping me alive and 'healthy', ever since.

Women huh
    ...... WTF'd we be without 'em
    If it's got tracks, wheels, t*ts, or an engine, at some point it's gonna give you trouble!!

Got an email this morning from me Consultant in the Heath .... we got the official appro. to change me treatment regime so this ...

.....'ll be a thing of the past on a Monday in the New Year ...

could start sooner, but have a delivery booked tomorrow for the next months-worth and REALLY do not want to be trying summat new over Crimbo, with no access to him if I have any problems ....

so hopefully, barring any issues, Jan 8th, 2020'll be the day I cut my ties to the fridge, for keeping me 'hamster juice' chilled and it'll be two lil' tabs a day for the rest of me natural

Can always go back to this if it doesn't work, or pisses my system off ... but hopefully all will be fine.

The huge significance of it, aside from the obvious, is we'll be able to travel, tablets in pocket ... might have a holiday to celebrate ... once it's had some time to settle and prove itself

Me Cerezyme (hamster juice) is made in Cambridge, Massachusetts, by an outfit called Genzyme ...
    an artificial enzyme (imiglucerase) grown on the back of hamster ovary stem cells ... hence the nick name ...

and no, I've not grown cheek pouches, become nocturnal, or started making nests in corners, with shredded newspaper (I've heard most of 'em from me mates) ...

it has to be kept between +2C and +6C or it's knackered ...
    hence the fridge's importance in life
    although we can theoretically do the infusions anywhere ...
    try transporting very expensive 'drugs' at a consistent temperature, without a monitored, regulated fridge

they gave us a medical fridge .... half the size of a normal one for 8 little bottles ....
    never turned it on and used ours ... has its own monitoring built in and I also have a secondary thermometer checking it, with it's own external display ....
    glancing at it every time I go past has become such second nature, I don't even notice ...
    visitors sometimes ask why I pay it so much attention

some winter sun'll be high on Pam's priority list ..
    and have to admit it has a certain appeal for me too .. been bleak here today

the infusion routine's been wearing a bit thin after seven years doing it

Hopefully we'll be able to have a lot more freedom than we've had the last few years ....
    couple of months on this new stuff, to see how my body behaves with it and with any luck, we'll be able to do a lot more of what we'd hoped retirement'd be about.

they tell me that once it seems to be OK, month on month, my supplies will be made three monthly, instead of four weekly so that'll really broaden the horizons .....

had almost forgotten how miserable the shittier months here can be ... especially with it dark around 4pm

... today did not start quite how i'd imagined it would ........

..... thankfully not one of mine ....

had Doug (Monaro man's) wife on the phone in tears first thing ... found their eldest, Berty, stiff outside the cat flap ....
    at least the lil' fella'd made it home.

Nothing worse than fruitless searching for your missing animal.
    Since Doug's stroke last December, he's not been good for a lot and although he progresses, oh so slowly, digging a hole is well beyond his abilities these days.

Could I provide a home for Berty, so he's now resting with / alongside my eldest four, up on the bank, with a great view and a location that'll never get disturbed.

My initial thought, when I saw who was calling and she burst into tears, was a far worse scenario.

Least it was dry this morning ... contrary to the forecast ... pity this afternoon didn't stay the same

been finding lots o' these about the patch lately ........ another this morning ....

.... as the culprit dropped it and fled when I appeared .... Squirrels' breakfast
    ... God knows why they haul them all the way back here to devour them ??
    Must be a good 3 or 4 fields away, where they're growing??

perhaps they share them around ..... be one full squirrel, eating a whole one, for sure

Page 136 of 136 FirstFirst ... 3686122123124125126127128129130131132133134135136