Thread: Druidic exploits of a various nature!!

Druid central, just East of Pandy, Nr. Abergavenny, S. Wales, UK, 3rd rock from the Sun
    Quote Originally Posted by AndrewMawson View Post
    There's a bit of flex in that boom !
    Aye .. wouldn't have been feasible without the 'superlift' rigged

here's some more 'deflection' pix for you ..... modern machines are designed to do it unlike the old 'rigid sticks' of old .... Need balls of steel to trust 'em not to snap ... SLI or no

deflection 3 GMK 5275 with 208’ main boom and a 95’ jib at a 40 degree offset.jpg
    deflection 1 A 250-ton Grove making a 238 ft. radius lift..jpg
    deflection 4.jpg
    deflection 2 Grove 5160.jpg
    If it's got tracks, wheels, t*ts, or an engine, at some point it's gonna give you trouble!!

Druid central, just East of Pandy, Nr. Abergavenny, S. Wales, UK, 3rd rock from the Sun
    all "cooking on gas" again Muz
    If it's got tracks, wheels, t*ts, or an engine, at some point it's gonna give you trouble!!

Quote Originally Posted by v8druid View Post
    "perfick"
    not

Druid.JPG
    A driven man with a burning passion.

Quote Originally Posted by Stock View Post
    Odd Stock ..... Andrew could see 'em .... your puter older than mine?? ... clockwork, as opposed to steam 'peut ๊tre'

There's a bit of flex in that boom !

try this one then Stock ???

another gorgeous day in Druid central .... stretched the Dane's legs again this afternoon ... it's never run so well .... all 'cos of a dodgy ign. switch ..... one for the memory banks

put the Countax's sweeper over over it all and collected up the Dane's carnage ....

can be a bit bit exciting keeping all four of its wheels on the deck ... bit like riding a racing sidecar at times, whilst trying to keep enough of a bum cheek on the seat's cut out to keep it running

should be good for a. n. other week, or more, now it's good and short ...... bank, t'other side of the driveway's next .... that can be a fun hour

guess where I've been this afternoon .....summoned up the enthusiasm for another look at it

goggles, mask, CO meter, etc. and ventured back into the roof space, where I'd left everything a couple of weeks ago, when I abandoned me post feeling rough as a dog.

got a fair bit sorted and one pair of tails for me catenary re-routed through the isolator and from thence to the boxes.
    still got the 10mm tails to 'persuade' down into the consumer unit from the isolator, to feed the black shed with ..... Pam was off out at 5 and I wasn't allowed to play with the live bits, once she'd left, so a job for the morning

took a couple of pix of Pam's 'new' sleeper flower boxes, before it pee-ed down this morning ..... they're maturing nicely

I would really like to meet the muppet who wired our consumer unit ....

what a pig's guts ..... no one seems to take a pride in their work anymore, or the extra few minutes to make a tidy job of it ... should be shot !!

tails inserted gynecologically and suitably inserted in their final resting places amongst the mayhem already there

time to go see if everything was as it should be ..... now't had tripped or gone off pop .....

well happy with the results ......other than a weird anomaly with the outside floods ??????

I have them set up on a two way circuit which can be activated/switched off from either the house or a switch on the outside of the shed ....
    was fine one way .... t'other 'way' they were briefly flashing on ??????

lot of head scratching, circuit checking, wiring investigating, more head scratching and it came to me ......
    these IP67 switches I like, for outdoor use, have a 'tell tale' neon in them, so's you can find 'em in the dark. The neon can be wired one of three ways .... on a one way circuit only, it would appear ....
    pity the data sheet with them doesn't say it can't be done on a two way circuit, even though they're a two way switch!!

the flashing was the neon triggering the LED floods through a 'sort of' 'leak' to live ..... took it out of circuit ... problem cured .... took a little thought, but sussed it in the end .

now awaiting darkness to see just what sort of results we have .... both in't shed and outside.

another hour back in me favorite place to square up and secure everything ....

I like flexi conduit .... bit easier than SWA and greater choice of core numbers, as needed!!

trying to thread it all amongst the pig's guts above the consumer was as 'uphill' as it actually was in the unit, tight in a corner

and I was out o' there

must fix a couple of permanent crawl boards in there for future access to the isolator , for ' as and when ' !!

Am I glad to have that end wrapped up !!
    Last edited by v8druid; 25-04-2019 at 08:11 PM. Reason: pix not showing ... re-inserted links

it did it again Muz had to re-insert the links an' the emoji just took 2 mins to appear
    links were fine in preview, but no show when posted

Apprentice joiner
    Every alternate picture is giving me a 404 error in a little black box

Every alternate picture is giving me a 404 error in a little black box
    Tha's 'cos I went back in and had to re-post the pix Andrew.
    they showed in preview and disappeared in the post.
    Left 'em in for Muz to see them .....the 404s are the pix below them
    summat weird going on ..... exactly the same links

Page 125 of 137 FirstFirst ... 2575111112113114115116117118119120121122123124125126127128129130131132133134135136137 LastLast