No announcement yet.

Druidic exploits of a various nature!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• In years past and still going on in some places they would spray a bitumen or asphalt type emulsion on the gravel and even mix it in, blade it out with a road grader, and compact it after. But now the tendency for gravel roads is to spray them with a calcium choride solution to keep the dust and some of the maintenance down.....though if it's a rainy year here it's not as effective. Keep up the good work Graham I saw a youtube video not long ago where a Doosan duck had been outfitted with a bucket instead of a blade so the operator could keep a quantity of gravel or other kind of soil and distribute it as needed with the excavator bucket......

Here we go I found it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BVnjSrHwYz4

Comment

• Let there be light

Have had the odd hour or two here an’ there between the downpours sorting the wiring on’t ‘Drema so’s I could get the new LEDs operational – gets dark real quick ATM !

The wiring diagram (supposedly) for it said fuse F6 – it lied !!

F10 was eventually sussed for all the work lights, front and rear – very strange set up in the wiring dept.
      The fuses are all upstream of the relays in the master control ECU box. So I had to put in an entire new circuit to split the LEDs into separate sets/circuits.

I'd originally planned to use the 'Drema's control circuit to power up a couple of relays feeding the new lighting, but the way it's set up would've necessitated a huge amount of hacking about in the exisitng wiring, which I did not want to do !
      So.......

The original circuit controls and feeds the boom mounted lamps, pulling 8 amps, whilst the cab top lights have their own feed, to a switched relay with a totally separate and fused supply to the lamps themselves, pulling another 8 amps.

Can’t be many machines of the ‘Drema’s age still with their original work lights intact !

They’ve gotten stuck on a bar on the back of the cab for now, for some rearward Lumens, but may well get replaced with these awesome LEDs – they’re like daylight.

Boom and cab
      [/URL]

Boom only

Cab top only

Will probably need some fine tuning on the positioning/angles of the units, but can sure as hell see where you are now!!

Will be even better with the boom up a bit - she's laid out here, for the night.

If it's got tracks, wheels, t*ts, or an engine, at some point it's gonna give you trouble!!

Comment

• Originally posted by 245dlc View Post
        In years past and still going on in some places they would spray a bitumen or asphalt type emulsion on the gravel and even mix it in, blade it out with a road grader, and compact it after. But now the tendency for gravel roads is to spray them with a calcium choride solution to keep the dust and some of the maintenance down.....though if it's a rainy year here it's not as effective. Keep up the good work Graham I saw a youtube video not long ago where a Doosan duck had been outfitted with a bucket instead of a blade so the operator could keep a quantity of gravel or other kind of soil and distribute it as needed with the excavator bucket......

Here we go I found it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BVnjSrHwYz4
        Yeah I've seen that one before Bert, but a long time ago - it's a real neat set up, bit like the Scandy boys have with their Quickie front ends on their ducks
        Could get some stuff in there eh?
        If it's got tracks, wheels, t*ts, or an engine, at some point it's gonna give you trouble!!

Comment

• Way off topic(s) here guys ......... Mrs D's been 'waiting' for months now, to become ............ a granny.

Her daughter went past 40 weeks last week
          and Pam's been like a cat on hot bricks for days !!

Vicki, her daughter, ain't been 'on line'/FB/phone/etc.' for over 8 hrs
          .......... unheard of!!

So I reckon Pam'll be Granny Pam 'fore the night's out !!

Could be a rude awakening in the wee hours!!

Watch this space

Comment

• Originally posted by v8druid View Post
            Yeah I've seen that one before Bert, but a long time ago - it's a real neat set up, bit like the Scandy boys have with their Quickie front ends on their ducks
            Could get some stuff in there eh?
            Yeah I reckon something like that could be more useful on a tight construction site than trying to push/pull a trailer around. Good luck on the little one there Graeme.

Comment

• Originally posted by 245dlc View Post
              Yeah I reckon something like that could be more useful on a tight construction site than trying to push/pull a trailer around. Good luck on the little one there Graeme.
              Yeh you could get a few ton in one of those, hey Bert!! Love the idea and a box for the 'Drema has been on the list a while - either hung straight on the blade, on the blade fork carriage, or just on the blade forks. Be damned useful for planing shifting for sure and a lot of other things too.

Vicki's been 'offline' for almost 11 hours now, which is, as I say, unheard of, so I'm sure tonight's the night
              Her mum's gone to bed, but doubt whether there'll be much sleeping done tonight ....... least, not her side of the bed ..... just wake me up if there's any news

Comment

• Well if she's like my wife, that'll be the end of your help round the place! She'll be off baby googling, helping, sitting etc.

Ask me how I know! (Nine grand children and a tenth due end of January)

Comment

• Originally posted by AndrewMawson View Post
                  Well if she's like my wife, that'll be the end of your help round the place! She'll be off baby googling, helping, sitting etc.

Ask me how I know! (Nine grand children and a tenth due end of January)
                  OMG!! that's a lot mate!

I can well imagine the loss of help though .......
                  It's been 'revving up' now for a few weeks and Pam's gone out already this morning.

Anyway, as predicted, ......... 6lbs 12oz of baby girl arrived at 05.10 this morning - 5 min.s later than her mother apparently !!
                  Would've been weird if she'd arrived 5 min.s earlier, eh!!!!!

Both are doing fine, but I imagine Vicki's knackered after a 13 hour labour !!!!

Retirement's never gonna be the same again !!!!

Comment

• Congratulations all round

Comment

Congratulations all round
                      Congrat's Graeme hope the girls are doing well.

Comment

• Originally posted by v8druid View Post
                        Retirement's never gonna be the same again !!!!
                        Ahh good news Fella congratulations to you all ... now put down all those tools and get the taxi warmed up
                        Please don't PM me for plant advice.. thanks .. Post in the forum where I will gladly help, as will many of our contributors.. as the info and responses will help everyone else, which is why we exist

Comment

• Yep ,congratulations to all .
                          Well grandpa , ya got 13 months to get that grey beard happening to play santa next year .

Comment

• Congratulations to you all.
                            Is this your first time as Grandpa Druid?

Comment

Congratulations all round
                              Originally posted by 245dlc View Post
                              Congrat's Graeme hope the girls are doing well.
                              Originally posted by ianoz View Post
                              Yep ,congratulations to all .
                              Well grandpa , ya got 13 months to get that grey beard happening to play santa next year .
                              Originally posted by 2414.ginger View Post
                              Congratulations to you all.
                              Is this your first time as Grandpa Druid?
                              Thank you all fellas - the winter coat beard gets grown every year, from about October on Ian, but would have to suffer it through a summer too to get a Santa style growth - don't much fancy that one - rent one, it's easier !

Yes Ginger - first time and might be a while before we get a #2 - think it was a pretty traumatic experience for Vicki !!

'course there's always her sister in law/brother's wife ........ depends how much 'swapping' they do on the 'experiences' though, 'praps.
                              Katie May is the eldest of 5 or 6 - can never remember, so she'll have seen a fair bit anyway!!

Here's a very happy Granny for yer's all

and the lil' un's first 'curtain call'

Oh ........ and the cause of all the trouble ....... mum & dad

Comment

• Originally posted by Muz View Post
                                Ahh good news Fella congratulations to you all ... now put down all those tools and get the taxi warmed up
                                Apologies Muz - I had clicked the plus to include you in the above, but you weren't for some reason . Thanks Boyo

Done my share of taxi-ing about over the years, as I'm sure we all have - it'll soon come around to their turn - in the blink of an eye, too!!

Comment

Working...
                                X