No announcement yet.

Druidic exploits of a various nature!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well they are still Langer rodents ..............now I would be a tad biased......drive a 300tdi myself..................
    A driven man with a burning passion.

Comment

Ya lightweights I prefer to tow at speed

Img_2766.jpg

was supposed to fit towbar a few months back right enough .. but then I found out the cost
      Please don't PM me for plant advice.. thanks .. Post in the forum where I will gladly help, as will many of our contributors.. as the info and responses will help everyone else, which is why we exist

Comment

Originally posted by Muz View Post

[ATTACH=CONFIG]2492[/ATTACH]

was supposed to fit towbar a few months back right enough .. but then I found out the cost
        My pockets aren't that deep......................
        A driven man with a burning passion.

Comment

Originally posted by Stock View Post
          My pockets aren't that deep......................
          They must be if you own a langer rodent fekin garage bills are like confetti
          Please don't PM me for plant advice.. thanks .. Post in the forum where I will gladly help, as will many of our contributors.. as the info and responses will help everyone else, which is why we exist

Comment

[ATTACH=CONFIG]2492[/ATTACH]

Can well imagine, with that skirt !!

My old SD1 Vitesses and XR4x4s were quite the high speed tow-er​s Muz

Very interesting effect your number plate has on cameras Muz (or have you been at it in photoshop?) If I had a number plate like that I might get a lil' more enthusiastic again

It's obviously an '8' but which one 4+ or 5+ ltr? They sure do go well.
            Never been a lover of Bee-emmers, but have to say they are beautifully put together motors an' if they weren't so quick would consider one in my 'old age'/dotage !!

Having kept my license 'clean as' all my life, it'd be a shame to spoil the track record now If it weren't for that constant thought, I'd have a Monaro sat on the drive.

A mate has one (that we went to Norwich in, to view the 'Drema) and they are just pure fun - point and squirt motors.
            Had a great time driving it back 250 miles from Norwich and was really 'in the groove', by the time we touched back down here at Chez Druid

I've resisted so far though!!
            If it's got tracks, wheels, t*ts, or an engine, at some point it's gonna give you trouble!!

Comment

Originally posted by Stock View Post
              ......drive a 300tdi myself..................
              We all have our crosses to bear Stock - they're just anchor shaped
              If it's got tracks, wheels, t*ts, or an engine, at some point it's gonna give you trouble!!

Comment

They must be if you own a langer rodent fekin garage bills are like confetti

Nah ...... anything major an' he'd just torch it

Comment

See I've been promoted to 'Tea Boy' tonight
                  How many posts to get to MD?

Comment

Originally posted by v8druid View Post
                    It's obviously an '8' but which one 4+ or 5+ ltr? They sure do go well.
                    Never been a lover of Bee-emmers, but have to say they are beautifully put together motors
                    These are 4.4's and stock 560bhp .. More unbelievably .. it gets 30 + mpg

Comment

See I've been promoted to 'Tea Boy' tonight
                      How many posts to get to MD?
                      Yes keep on that greasy pole

Comment

These are 4.4's and stock 560bhp .. More unbelievably .. it gets 30 + mpg

30 MPG FFS ? You push it between every other set of lights or what ???? that's an 'M' !!

Doug's Monaro is IIRC 5.6 and returns 32 MPG . ....... 24 driven with more enthusiasm
                        Returned 31 to the gallon over the 500 mile round trip to Norwich an' back ........ an' I was giving it some beans on the way home

Modern engine management is excellent eh and long legged boxes help! ....... 59MPH @ 1000 RPM in 6th

Comment

Ive had better than 30 but more normal would be 25 ish.. with the odd stab on the loud pedal .. what really does it for performance is the dual clutch transmission, theres no delay in changes up or down, and you keep your foot planted while doing it to keep the 2 turbo's on full boost. I Bought that one with 6k on the clock, saved me £25k off the the previous owners invoice price (which I've seen) There are 3 settings for the suspension, throttle response, and steering response, plus a further 3 for gearbox shift pattern, so you can have a wide range of settings to suit the driver ... getting the power down is the hard part .. as Obe-Wan Kenobi once said ... brave is the man who rides with traction control 'off'

Comment

Ive had better than 30 but more normal would be 25 ish.. with the odd stab on the loud pedal .. what really does it for performance is the dual clutch transmission, theres no delay in changes up or down, and you keep your foot planted while doing it to keep the 2 turbo's on full boost. I Bought that one with 6k on the clock, saved me £25k off the the previous owners invoice price (which I've seen) There are 3 settings for the suspension, throttle response, and steering response, plus a further 3 for gearbox shift pattern, so you can have a wide range of settings to suit the driver ... getting the power down is the hard part .. as Obe-Wan Kenobi once said ... brave is the man who rides with traction control 'off'
                            Sounds like the force is strong in that one then Muz Previous owner Master Yoda by any chance

You obviously don't suffer from the Camera Plague that's stricken most areas round here then?!!
                            Bet yer got some nice roads to play with too

Comment

You obviously don't suffer from the Camera Plague that's stricken most areas round here then?!!
                              Bet yer got some nice roads to play with too
                              I wish ? ... we have em bad in some places, and if its not a fixed unit, theres mobiles everywhere .. mind .. theres some cracking runs down your way too Plus we have more draconian punishments ... still no speed awareness courses here either ? For example they've just dropped the alcahol limit to 50mg from 80, to bring us into line with Europe, now Ive no problem with that, but they've kept the penalties the same ? In France you get 2 goes before they ban you If cought between 50 and 80 you get fined 135 euros and get six points ... in Scotland that would be a 1 year ban

Comment

I wish ? ... we have em bad in some places, and if its not a fixed unit, theres mobiles everywhere .. mind .. theres some cracking runs down your way too Plus we have more draconian punishments ... still no speed awareness courses here either ? For example they've just dropped the alcahol limit to 50mg from 80, to bring us into line with Europe, now Ive no problem with that, but they've kept the penalties the same ? In France you get 2 goes before they ban you If cought between 50 and 80 you get fined 135 euros and get six points ... in Scotland that would be a 1 year ban

Draconian certainly is the word there Muz
                                Personally I'd like to see a zero limit on drink/drive - no grey areas then - lot of the Scandy countries have it

Having lived a lot of my life with a traffic cop, who are the ones who pick up the pieces, I have no tolerance for it.

Now't against alcohol - just don't mix it with wheels.

As for cameras, as I said - just not cricket and pure revenue generators!!

An' yeh, we got some nice roads round here too, just can't play on 'em any more

Comment

Working...
                                X