No announcement yet.

Druidic exploits of a various nature!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Man after me own heart with the S/rolls Graham , can't stand seeing good food wasted .

Comment

• Originally posted by ianoz View Post
      Man after me own heart with the S/rolls Graham , can't stand seeing good food wasted .
      Absolutely Ian ..... aside from that .......they were real nice
      If it's got tracks, wheels, t*ts, or an engine, at some point it's gonna give you trouble!!

Comment

• Back yard ice rink for the little one! Love it

It's colder over there then! Was no less than -3 this morning where I am. That's cold enough though

Comment

• Originally posted by Nobody View Post
          Back yard ice rink for the little one! Love it

It's colder over there then! Was no less than -3 this morning where I am. That's cold enough though
          -7 Tuesday and -8 yesterday morning. ..... lovely days but nights are Brrrrrrr
          very hard frost this morning but warmer -4C
          If it's got tracks, wheels, t*ts, or an engine, at some point it's gonna give you trouble!!

Comment

• Druid how come you didn't get the boss to make some crab apple jelly with all that fruit...........................
            A driven man with a burning passion.

Comment

• Originally posted by Stock View Post
              Druid how come you didn't get the boss to make some crab apple jelly with all that fruit...........................
              totally agree mate ..... last year she was gonna get up in the basket and pick 'em ..... never happened .... this year .... not even been mentioned so no crab apple jelly for me toast again this year ..... the last lot she did was awesome

Comment

• I bought one of these CAT guns on Graham's (D4C) recommendations, a few months back.

Bloody good it's been too .....well the same seller has had a few more on ebay for the same money.

Can't fault mine and sucks a tube clean as a whistle ... 21 quid to your door .... IIRC they're usually 40 odd quid and made by Allemite

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/3021455792...84.m1436.l2649

Anyway ..... I ordered another one the other night, for some Moly ..... it arrived Thursday afternoon courtesy of the posty

Now for another G coupler to accompany it

making his bit extra on the ol' P&P ..... considering it's in't CAT box and all he gotta do is post it ....... but still cheap !!

Got two instruction/owner's manuals now ...... for how to use a grease gun

occured to me the other day, to have a look see what sort of hours I'd done with the 'Drema ....
                when I had her she'd done 4508 ..... pic yesterday of the clock ...... 477 hrs

was still 'brass monkeys' here, 'til yesterday and yon lake has had a good inch of ice on it .... supports rocks quite well .... But I'm not dull enough to try a wander onto it ......

the sun soon melts anything it touches these last few days .....'til it disappears and it virtually instantly freezes again ...

Been waking to find a wooly-back in't garden the last few mornings and failed to find WTF the lil' ****er's getting out the field next door.

Anyway, having herded the bugger back down our drive and up the main drive to the field gate ......
                yet again thursday morning .....
                whilst trolling Clara up the drive for a walk ....
                she loved chasing/following a Baa
                Got back to find the lil' sod had beaten me back !!!!!!

So........
                having returned her to the field for about the fifth time this week ..
                I watched where she trotted back to and damn me if she didn't beat me to the point of entry!!!!

So after returning her for the sixth time, having stationed Pam and the little 'un on guard duty,
                I beat her back and re-secured the wire at the bottom of the post where she'd managed to push it off the posts ......
                one bloody smart sheep, fair play ..... and quick on her feet!!!!

damned if the bloody thing wasn't doing her best to get through again AFTER I'd re-secured the wire to the posts !!
                Obviously likes the grass this side of the fence ...... looked pretty pissed off at not being able to get at it!!

Comment

• Bugger me if Houdini wasn't back Friday morning !!!

Appeared sometime between 10 and 10.45???? Could not ****ing believe it

checked the last known escape route and no signs of use ..... Grrr!

checked the entire fence line, between us and the field ..... nothing .. no signs of exit!!!!

Ushered said sheep back in and watched her for a good half hour ... she knew I was watching her and just strolled back to close to her previous escape point and sat and watched me !!!!
                  I kid you not ..... this is one savvy sheep !

Gave up and carried on extricating nine fence posts from the pile I stupidly put at the back of everything, all nicely banded together, when it was dry enough to get up top ... I really did not want to cut the bands!!

Needed these to replace the ones I'd found knackered, inspecting the fence line !!!

Hadn't finished and could hear the boss shouting on me .... " where are you Gra? Houdini's back !!! " ......... FFS!!!!!!

Pam had seen the bugger nonchalantly jump the 4+ft high fence from the bathroom window !!! VTO sheep!!! She said that Houdini just walked up to the fence, had a good look around to see if anyone was watching and literally 'hopped' over it!!!!

So .... left her stuffing herself on Chez Druid's best grass for the night Friday... this is one case of the grass is deffo greener, t'other side of the fence!!
                  It's gonna be lead boots, or a lead pill to keep this lil' bugger in, BTLs ... I sure as hell am not raising the fence line 2 ft for one bloody sheep!!!

bloody thing ..... the neighbour's missus, who's got about a dozen pet woolies, was on about sheep-napping it yesterday evening

would get the bloody thing out of my hair

Was talking to the guy whose sheep it is this afternoon, telling him about its escapades ...... he said if it keeps on ..... shoot the ****er .... that'll stop it !!
                  Apparently it wouldn't be the first time it's happened to one of his, who's gotten out elsewhere and ate someone's prized garden's contents ... LOL

The 'gardener' completely lost it ....... and shot the bugger!!

she's been frog marched up the drive and back into the field seven times now!!
                  She sure as hell likes my grass !!
                  if she just keeps out of Pam's garden and stops crapping on the drive, she can have it all will save me cutting the bloody stuff

she'd obviously 'vaulted' the fence again at some point in the night as no sign first thing, but back munching by ten.

Alex (APEarthworks, from t'other), who lives near me, came round for a cuppa mid morning and we both watched her jump over the mesh, squashing it down some, as she went under the top strainer, as he was leaving.

Re-tensioned it all after he'd gone and damn me she cleared the bloody lot, an hour later and has been munching since

I've given up .... she'll be getting moved, along with all her mates, next week apparently, so Rob the owner told me !!

Comment

• That wooly Must be some first-class grass you got yourself there!

Was talking to the guy whose sheep it is this afternoon, telling him about its escapades ...... he said if it keeps on ..... shoot the ****er .... that'll stop it !!
                    Apparently it wouldn't be the first time it's happened to one of his, who's gotten out elsewhere and ate someone's prized garden's contents ... LOL
                    Better for the owner to just get rid of it sooner than later! the buggers learn fast from each other, and before you know it you have ten of those in Pams garden

I bought one of these CAT guns on Graham's (D4C) recommendations, a few months back.

Bloody good it's been too .....well the same seller has had a few more on ebay for the same money.

Can't fault mine and sucks a tube clean as a whistle ... 21 quid to your door .... IIRC they're usually 40 odd quid and made by Allemite
                    So the Cat guns is made by Allemite? That's a good gun for 21 quid!
                    Sold out now I see. Would most def buy a couple myself if I supplied my own grease!

Those G couplers you speak of looks handy too.. Never seen em around here

occured to me the other day, to have a look see what sort of hours I'd done with the 'Drema ....
                    when I had her she'd done 4508 ..... pic yesterday of the clock ...... 477 hrs
                    Good hours for an old girl! How long have you had her for them 477 hours?

Comment

• Originally posted by Nobody View Post
                      That wooly ....... Must be some first-class grass you got yourself there!

Better for the owner to just get rid of it sooner than later! the buggers learn fast from each other, and before you know it you have ten of those in Pams garden

So the Cat guns is made by Allemite? That's a good gun for 21 quid!
                      Sold out now I see. Would most def buy a couple myself if I supplied my own grease!

Those G couplers you speak of looks handy too.. Never seen em around here

Good hours for an old girl! How long have you had her for them 477 hours?

Aye the grass is LOT greener this side of the fence for sure Boyo and Houdini has moved her attentions to the lawn this morning .... head down ... mowing like ****

As I say I've given up .... she's going to get back out no matter what !! ......
                      As you say the less times her mates see her doing the deed the better .... or they'll all 'cotton on' !!

If you message the seller on ebay, he'll probably put some more up ..... one of the guys on t'other forum was too slow, but he got them to put a new listing up and had a couple. Bloody cheap for what they are and nice guns

The G couplers are a must have .... not cheap but, they do not let go and make a serious connection
                      I assume you found them on ebay?

As for the 'Drema ....... I bought her on the 21st April 2014 and she arrived with me on the 28th IIRC.
                      She didn't get a lot of use, the first few months I had her and obviously doesn't get over worked anyway

One of the best buys I've ever had, for a s/hand machine ..... and would not hesitate to buy any thing else made by Hydrema .... absolute quality
                      Would love one of their small tracked machines, too

Comment

• Originally posted by v8druid View Post
                        Aye the grass is LOT greener this side of the fence for sure Boyo and Houdini has moved her attentions to the lawn this morning .... head down ... mowing like ****

As I say I've given up .... she's going to get back out no matter what !! ......
                        As you say the less times her mates see her doing the deed the better .... or they'll all 'cotton on' !!
                        Hehehe! Oh well.. It's a good laugh for the rest of us anyhow

If you message the seller on ebay, he'll probably put some more up ..... one of the guys on t'other forum was too slow, but he got them to put a new listing up and had a couple. Bloody cheap for what they are and nice guns

The G couplers are a must have .... not cheap but, they do not let go and make a serious connection
                        I assume you found them on ebay?
                        If i had to buy my own pumps, I would
                        As for the G couplers, found them on ebay and at one supplier in norway. Gotta check with the boss-man tho.. See if they like the idea! Prolly gonna end up getting a couple anyways
                        Upside of being employee, I dont have to buy my own crap. Downside, quality of life items is loooow on the priorities and often frowned upon :/

As for the 'Drema ....... I bought her on the 21st April 2014 and she arrived with me on the 28th IIRC.
                        She didn't get a lot of use, the first few months I had her and obviously doesn't get over worked anyway

One of the best buys I've ever had, for a s/hand machine ..... and would not hesitate to buy any thing else made by Hydrema .... absolute quality
                        Glad to hear your pleased with it overworked or not, awfully practical to have around when in need!

Hmm.. you make me regret not buying one i had my eye on about a year ago! Dont recall the model, but i think it was a bit smaller than yours.. Sure would look good in the yard!

Comment

• Also, didnt even know drema had track hoes dosnt look to bad!

Comment

• Originally posted by v8druid View Post
                            I bought one of these CAT guns on Graham's (D4C) recommendations, a few months back.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/3021455792...84.m1436.l2649

Anyway ..... I ordered another one the other night, for some Moly ..... it arrived Thursday afternoon courtesy of the posty

Thats what Pel Job .. (before they were bought over by Volvo) .. used to supply with their machines when new they have quite a long stroke length compared to others.. which means you cannot get as much pressure into the pump IIRC. So if some punter has run the bearings dry, it was a bad gun for forcing the dried blob out of the greaser hole in the pin into the track ways and journals, however conversely, it was great that you only needed 2 pumps of 'it' where it would take 4 of another
                            Please don't PM me for plant advice.. thanks .. Post in the forum where I will gladly help, as will many of our contributors.. as the info and responses will help everyone else, which is why we exist

Comment

• well Houdini has spent the entire day ..... mowing the lawn!!

As said ... I've given up and she's asleep on the drive ATM ... I presume the tarmac's warmer than the frozen grass either side of it. Kin cool out there tonight ......

as it was this morning .....

Supposed to warm up, but I'll believe it when I see it ..... frost's not lifted all day today !!!

and as if the sheep wasn't bad enough ....... I think the local moles have invested in a TBM .... the mole hills on the side of the drive are EPIC !!

Think the roller on the grading beam ought to flatten them out a bit !!

Comment

• Originally posted by Muz View Post
                                Thats what Pel Job .. (before they were bought over by Volvo) .. used to supply with their machines when new they have quite a long stroke length compared to others.. which means you cannot get as much pressure into the pump IIRC. So if some punter has run the bearings dry, it was a bad gun for forcing the dried blob out of the greaser hole in the pin into the track ways and journals, however conversely, it was great that you only needed 2 pumps of 'it' where it would take 4 of another
                                I'll see how it compares to my Tecalimets tomorrow Muz, but haven't come up against one that wont have it ....... yet
                                Pleasure to use though and hasn't 'not pumped' yet ..... Plus the retainer is so much easier than the poxy grip plate types .... pull and lock to one side ..... simples ..... plus Gra tells me that it will also lock the piston on the end of the plunger, to give it a push, if it ever gets aerated!!

For the money they're the dog's gonads!!

Comment

Working...
                                X