Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Nobody View Post
    That thing need an engine Druid! Make it happend
    sat reading the notification thinking .....then remembered the little trike ..... we'll give her a year or two ..... then look out

New bit fitted to boiler this evening ...... been reading the 'book of words' since and have a few more ideas .... put the meter over the damned thing in the morning .... the Satronic (there's a name !!) ECU on 'em is the usual suspect ..... not this time though, BTLs

Oh and yon sheep got exported this morning .... me, the owner, two dogs and a quad .... and we still had a right palaver .... and that was just getting it back in the field..... lil' sod!!
    If it's got tracks, wheels, t*ts, or an engine, at some point it's gonna give you trouble!!

Comment

• "the boiler God" .....

Been pissing about with it on/off since the new Satronic refused to make it play.... been through absolutely everything and have eventually found this, this afternoon ... a relay with two flying lead connections to the armature blown off !!!

took some spotting, with the cover in place on it !!

shot home with it and cleaned yon terminals off .... looked like they may have been 'dry'-ish joints from the off ....
      God knows how many years ago and summat had blown what little hold they had !!

Any how .... soldered 'em back on and had a quick scan through me 'stock' of bits an' bobs, as I knew I had some 11 pins .... Hey presto ... new one!!

Pam always accuses me of being a bit of a hoarder, but there ain't many places you'd lay hands on three of these, on a Friday afternoon ....

.... or a dozen 110 volt coil ones either !!!!
      Funny how it's always me who gets asked ....
      "have you got so & so ...." when anyone wants anything ...
      otherwise I'm just a hoarder !!!!!

Having re-inserted the repaired relay .... I whipped off the ignition tranny connections (the load on those contacts) ... stuck a jury lead on it, to try it ..... sod all occurring-no sparkies and yon meter said fooked !!

So ordered a new one for Monday and ran up the old girl, minus sparks and all checked out fine .... sequenced as it should ... so hopefully there will be a return to normality for it some time Monday !!

I thought the bugger was gonna have me beat................. for a while ....!!
      If it's got tracks, wheels, t*ts, or an engine, at some point it's gonna give you trouble!!

Comment

• Nice work Druid! Always handy with a stash of "bits an' bobs"
        You are a hoarder by the looks of it tho, but I say it as a compliment

Comment

Nice work Druid! Always handy with a stash of "bits an' bobs"
          What cheek you whipper snapper....................
          Hoarder be dammed that storing of equipment untilone finds a use for it, I'd be the same...............................
          A driven man with a burning passion.

Comment

Nice work Druid! Always handy with a stash of "bits an' bobs"
            Originally posted by Stock View Post
            What cheek you whipper snapper....................
            Hoarder be dammed that storing of equipment untilone finds a use for it, I'd be the same...............................
            Absolutely guys ... they're all cuminfers .... sure to come in for something handy/useful sometime .... should've seen all the 40 yd skips full of cumnifers, when I cleared my yard out ......

where's the crying emoji gone Muz .. or even the weeping uncontrollably one

there's not a day passes when I don't mentally abuse myself for chucking something or other out

35+ years of 'collecting' took some parting with, I can tell you

Comment

• Originally posted by v8druid View Post
              Absolutely guys ... they're all cuminfers .... sure to come in for something handy/useful sometime .... should've seen all the 40 yd skips full of cumnifers, when I cleared my yard out ......

where's the crying emoji gone Muz .. or even the weeping uncontrollably one

there's not a day passes when I don't mentally abuse myself for chucking something or other out

35+ years of 'collecting' took some parting with, I can tell you
              I feel your pain! If i had room for it, I wouldn't even throw away a plastic bag

Comment

I feel your pain! If i had room for it, I wouldn't even throw away a plastic bag
                Errrr .... I might consider that a bit .........extreme

first of IIRC 11 skips averaging 16-17 tons each

2014-03-21 11.31.45.jpg

was on a deadline .... if I hadn't sold it by the end of April it had to go !!!!

.......7 tons

2014-03-24 13.57.02.jpg 2014-03-24 13.58.02.jpg

32 tons

2014-04-08 17.09.33.jpg

in BIG bits
                2014-04-09 12.46.54.jpg 2014-04-09 14.17.00.jpg 2014-04-11 12.12.50.jpg 2014-04-11 14.11.19.jpg

was a busy couple of weeks!!!!

Comment

• Feck that would bring tears to a stone .........................................

Comment

• What was the deadline Graham? Had your lease expired?

Comment

• Originally posted by Stock View Post
                      Feck that would bring tears to a stone .........................................
                      Second that

Comment

Feck that would bring tears to a stone .........................................
                        Originally posted by Nobody View Post
                        Second that
                        Aye there were some very tough decisions made March/April '14 .... and regret a lot every day

Originally posted by AndrewMawson View Post
                        What was the deadline Graham? Had your lease expired?
                        I'd sold my acre site and 10,000sq ft workshop to a developer for 38 retirement apartments ... took nigh on 4 years of planning wrangling and completion was 30th May ..... after all the effort ..... NOTHING was gonna **** it up .... had the site ready to hand over by the end of the first week of May, after a colossal effort and some heart rending decisions along the way!!

me tool/toy boxes were some of the last items out and came home

2014-05-03 08.17.28.jpg 2014-05-16 15.54.29.jpg

sold the perimeter palisade fence, last thing ... developers had the chance, but didn't wanna pay for it .. so they had to erect their own ... muppets ..... lorra boundary to an acre

2014-05-17 21.35.17.jpg

still building ... two and a half years on ..... planners ****ed 'em about mercilessly, after granting consent .... when it's all done and dusted, I'm going to do an exposé on their incompetence and see if i can't see a few heads roll

WP_20161031_12_23_43_Pro.jpg

not one objection to the scheme locally and massive support from local council and public ...... just an acute shortage of brown envelopes, heading into the planning dept.

Comment

• Wow.. how exactly did the planners go about this?

Comment

Aye there were some very tough decisions made March/April '14 .... and regret a lot every day

I'd sold my acre site and 10,000sq ft workshop to a developer for 38 retirement apartments ... took nigh on 4 years of planning still building ... two and a half years on ..... planners ****ed 'em about mercilessly, after granting consent .... when it's all done and dusted, I'm going to do an exposé on their incompetence and see if i can't see a few heads roll

not one objection to the scheme locally and massive support from local council and public ...... just an acute shortage of brown envelopes, heading into the planning dept.

I wish you better luck than the planning tribunal here......................
                            some waste of money that was.............it sat for 900 days and the final tab is heading north of €200m

Comment

I wish you better luck than the planning tribunal here......................
                              some waste of money that was.............it sat for 900 days and the final tab is heading north of €200m
                              what's that for Stock ??

Only reason we got our consent, end of june '13, was; we had a 10th july date for a public inquiry into the tosser's performance and they were gonna lose ...... big time ..... they were looking at circa £100k in costs for our team and knew they were ****ed.

They then proceeded to **** the developers about mercilessly for another 12+ months.

I put my foot down in the October, threw my toys out the pram with the developers .... told 'em to settle up or I'd sell it to a n other buyer (with planning) .... hey presto ..... 60% in bank - non returnable - with a completion date set for 30-5-14, for the balance!!

no way they were going to fail to complete .... I had to be ready too ...... rest's history

My solicitor wanted to sue 'em for the circa £60k they cost me in rates, etc., etc., that the planners cost me with the 4 yr delay ... same authority ... but could not guarantee a win..... so I cut my losses ..................and am biding my time ..... to settle a few scores!!
                              once the job's finished ...... they (the planners'll) be running for cover

Comment

what's that for Stock ??

The Mahon tribunal which went through a few name changes as the chairmen retired, it was about politicians, brown envelopes, developments, politicial donations. It was traced to the highest office, started with a returned investor vetting ripped of by a group of lobbyists, public officials and politicians. Only the ones on the lower level were held to account ...........................https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mahon_Tribunal

Comment

Working...
                                X