No announcement yet.

Druidic exploits of a various nature!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• looking dryer and flatter this morning ......

might give it another go in the a.m. ....... up on the blade. Deal with that slurry pile at the back holding that small pond....fill it; cut in a few shallow courses round the edges to get the last of it and 'praps a deeper one in the middle to feed any future 'dampness' to the centre drain
    hopefully let it dry some more and then get something a bit harder/more solid in there .... like a dose of hardcore
    If it's got tracks, wheels, t*ts, or an engine, at some point it's gonna give you trouble!!

Comment

• Some proper jelly you got there have you tried taking a scoop up and wiggle it around? If it turns liquid, you might wanna get cautious about that lake of yours

Comment

• Originally posted by Nobody View Post
        Some proper jelly you got there have you tried taking a scoop up and wiggle it around? If it turns liquid, you might wanna get cautious about that lake of yours

?????? .... T'was all pretty hard and solid when cleared/dug to this level, but has had standing water in there now for months .... the ground here does not dry well at all and takes significant periods of 'dryness' to dry out. ......
        Like a talcum powder surface when it is dry though and solid under it! There is also a lot of leaves in amongst that lot and it all really needs removing, but my tip site is way too wet to even contemplate venturing in there, for some time, yet
        If it's got tracks, wheels, t*ts, or an engine, at some point it's gonna give you trouble!!

Comment

• Originally posted by v8druid View Post
          ?????? .... T'was all pretty hard and solid when cleared/dug to this level, but has had standing water in there now for months .... the ground here does not dry well at all and takes significant periods of 'dryness' to dry out. ......
          Like a talcum powder surface when it is dry though and solid under it! There is also a lot of leaves in amongst that lot and it all really needs removing, but my tip site is way too wet to even contemplate venturing in there, for some time, yet
          Never mind, just found out that quick clay pretty much isnt a thing in uk (?).. It is a big thing here :p

Comment

Never mind, just found out that quick clay pretty much isnt a thing in uk (?).. It is a big thing here :p
            sounds 'exciting'

got her in there this afternoon and sat on her blade as planned .... keep them booties clean

sat a smaller spare bucket in reach, in case I wanted it, but managed with the grader for all I wanted .... pushed all the shite across pushing the water in front of it, after I'd cut a shallow course for it to follow to the drains ....

I think the phrase .. 'A bit wet' would sum up the shite ... let's hope it drains a bit and dries up a lot, but at least it shouldn't pool any more and end up running away instead of standing

we'll see ..... raining here again tonight now ........ but at least it stayed dry all day, instead of the forecast deluge

Could really have done with another 500mm of reach ..... but wasn't risking dropping any wheels into that sticky shite ... would've been everywhere after, if I had

Comment

• Nice work! Looks good now what else looks nice is that badonkadonk of your drema

Yes, it is quite exciting looks firm untill it suddenly collapses into liquid without warning.. Happens where water over the years pass through the ground and wash out the salts.

Comment

Nice work! Looks good now what else looks nice is that badonkadonk of your drema

Yes, it is quite exciting looks firm untill it suddenly collapses into liquid without warning.. Happens where water over the years pass through the ground and wash out the salts.
                Er! WOW!!! that must've been a hell of a shock .... can't see how water can pass through clay though boyo ..... bit like a pyroclastic flow event ..... and very similar to what happened in Aberfan in '66 ....... ground just turned to liquid slurry and moved .. catastrophically

Not quite sure what you mean on the " badonkadonk " front, or are you referring to humper-dumper

Comment

Er! WOW!!! that must've been a hell of a shock .... can't see how water can pass through clay though boyo ..... bit like a pyroclastic flow event ..... and very similar to what happened in Aberfan in '66 ....... ground just turned to liquid slurry and moved .. catastrophically

Not quite sure what you mean on the " badonkadonk " front, or are you referring to humper-dumper
                  I ment the butt druid

Comment

I ment the butt druid
                    ah right! ..... yeh, cute lil' arse on her, for sure

GB+specs++M1500_2.jpg swing circle.jpg

35 cm overhang, but stable as hell, fairplay

Comment

• well it hammered down here last night .... fishpond gained a good 45mm of water in it last night (God knows how they arrive at 6 mm of rainfall???) and .............

...... lil' bit stood here an' there but, drains are running well in the sumps, so guessing this has been contributing all night

would've been a good 2-3" in here otherwise

been dry all day, but peeing down again now and is forecast to do so for the next week, so a 'timely intervention', I'd say

Comment

well it hammered down here last night .... fishpond gained a good 45mm of water in it last night (God knows how they arrive at 6 mm of rainfall???) and .............

...... lil' bit stood here an' there but, drains are running well in the sumps, so guessing this has been contributing all night

would've been a good 2-3" in here otherwise

been dry all day, but peeing down again now and is forecast to do so for the next week, so a 'timely intervention', I'd say
                        Good timing for sure When do you plan on mason up all of them blocks back there and make a proper pond with carp fish in it??

Comment

Good timing for sure When do you plan on mason up all of them blocks back there and make a proper pond with carp fish in it??
                          need to find time to have a play with yon Auramo first I think ..... might be handy for block laying

Comment

• it's piddled down here now, for daaaaaays - all of this week in fact ......... the drains have been holding their own ... and running like express trains on a downhill grade

anything that might've gone down 'em originally'll have long since been flushed, I'd guess and are running clean into the sumps
                            There can't be that much left up there to come down .... I'd hope !!!

oh for a couple of dry bench days ... getting very bored with rain !!!!!!!!

However ...... yesterday's monsoon like precipitation overcame the escape capacity of the the drains, for several hours

'Twas gone this morning at 07:30 though, having had a slightly drier night

Early start for me, these days! .... on a bit of a mission this morning ..... had a date ...... sort of

Meet Mavis .....

........... gonna be spending a bit of time with her, the next couple of weeks .... If I don't get the sack first !!!!!

Am actually gonna be doing some 'paid work'!! First time in a long time ..... helping a friend out on a job he has on ATM ...... 'Twill be interesting and keep me out o' mischief for a while ...... I might get to learn a few things too .... if now't else, it'll get me out the house ... getting cabin fever quietly, here

Comment

• Monsoon glad your drain works, woulb be messy otherwise

Tidy looking machine! How many hours?? Will make a good office away from home

Comment

Monsoon glad your drain works, woulb be messy otherwise

Tidy looking machine! How many hours?? Will make a good office away from home

It sure would be Boyo ..... real wet about !!!

Mavis has 550 hrs on her and is, as you'd expect, in lovely condition, raring to go

this is my seat for the next couple of weeks .....

10ton WN cab .jpg

hopefully might get a few hours in Mavis too doing some mundane bits

Comment

Working...
                                X