No announcement yet.

Druidic exploits of a various nature!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Got to hand it to you Druid ,,Whatever you do , is always neat and tidy work ..
    Look forward to seeing this shed ,when it is up .

Comment

Well, the big yellow thing was out this morning and the day looked promising !

First of the 6 panels I got cut yesterday, together ...

....... and here’s a few I prepared earlier

As the weather looked reasonably settled for the day, I grabbed the ply pack and brought it a bit closer to where I wanted it, rather than dragging it out a sheet at a time ........ an’ carrying it.

Thought I’d lop the lot, while it was dry ...........and sunny!! 14 panels later, the forks were empty and I’d got it all ready for use.
      Got the six I’d assembled skinned – eventually and slid ‘em onto the forks as they got done, in readiness to put ‘em somewhere ...... ??

...... but where?
      On’t slab of course – won’t need to move ‘em far from here. Sheeted down, with a sheet of poly and a tarp, should be OK for the limited time they’re likely to be there.

Supposed to be nice again tomorrow, so it’s gonna be lots more stud lopping – got eight more to chop up, by my calculations. five std.s and three specials, plus some stud posts.
      All these went together sweet as though ..... well happy, but knackered Druid – been a long day. My feet and arms are hanging off !!

‘Least it didn’t rain !!
      If it's got tracks, wheels, t*ts, or an engine, at some point it's gonna give you trouble!!

Comment

Originally posted by ianoz View Post
        Got to hand it to you Druid ,,Whatever you do , is always neat and tidy work ..
        Look forward to seeing this shed ,when it is up .
        Thanks Ian, I always try to do everything to the best of my abilities and if I can exceed them, then I've really pulled off something special

Comes from years of having to make certain that everything that went out my workshop doors was as good as it could be and making sure customers were always satisfied with what they got for their money. As I say if we could exceed their expectations too, then it was a real success story

An' it made me a fussy bar steward!!

There's also the fact that I'm going to have to look at this and other things I do, 'til I leave in my own wooden box!! I am, as I say, 'kin fussy!!
        If it's got tracks, wheels, t*ts, or an engine, at some point it's gonna give you trouble!!

Comment

Today kicked off here with heavy drizzle ‘til half twelve !! Eventually got the gear out and got all the remaining panel materials cut, with a bit of head-scratching for a couple of specials on the far end wall.

Then the day went to tish ........ Mrs D arrives on site, bright red in’t boat race
          can you just come and do the real steep bit with the mower for me Gra – she’d been at the bits I can’t get at with the bigger m/cs, with her lil’ Mountfield an’ there’s one bit she don’t like, after going on her arse there last year.

Get over there and she’s not only done all the tricky/fiddly bits, but been having a go at the rest as well .... no wonder she looked hot & bothered!!

So I’ve now got to get the ride on out and collect up what she’s been at and finish off what hasn’t been gotten at, or it’ll look like a patchwork quilt!!!!

Get one circuit done and yon Countax decides to stop cutting !!!!!!!
          Fuse thinks I – flip the bonnet and grab a fuse, only to have the fuse box come to bits in me hand.
          Grrrrrr!!!!
          I’m busy ..... or was !!

Trundle mower to tool/toy boxes for some kit. Eventually get the damned thing back together having cleaned all contacts and replaced all fuses ....... still no cutting blades !!

Electromagnetic clutch on these .... checked the seat cut out switch (which is a complete PITA – fart and the bloody thing stops) all the dash lights are doing what they’re supposed to, but no lecktrickery getting to the clutch?
          Check clutch with a couple of leads and 12 volts – engaging fine.
          OK control system fault then.
          Come indoors and find a circuit dia. on the ‘net, ‘cos for a pissy lil’ mower, there’s a lorraleccysphagetti on the bugger.

Oh joy of joys ....... it’s got a PCB ECU behind the dash !!!!
          I ask you, WHY???
          It’s got an on /off / crank (ign) switch, a switch for the lights and a switch to make the blades go round!! WTF does it need an ECU for ????????

Quick read of various comments and the PCB in’t said ECU is famous for self terminating !!!!
          So that’s the end of any mowing for today and the start of yet another job – re-wire the bugger to basics – I am not forking out 150 quid for another hand grenade with the pin out to put behind the dash.
          It’ll get Druidised and like it !!

By the time I’d gotten this far, the day was buggered and I’d got a pounding head. Necked a couple of Paracetamols and had a sit down for five (which turned into 50, by the time I woke up).
          Day was really now completely shot !!!!

So, went and packed all me tools away, stashed all the cut timber in the dry for the night and gave up for the day!!!!

Supposed to be nice tomorrow, so it’ll be a quick, temporary hotwire for the mower blades and whiz that around, before I can get on to getting all these panels together.

We are still deliberating on the sheet front, my preference being colour coat, box profile. Zero maintenance and easy fixing. Corrugated is a lil’ bitch – goes out of shape/profile real easy, when yer’s trying to stop it escaping off the purlins.
          Box holds its shape real well and doesn’t gain/travel, like corrugated does ...... hate the stuff and don’t much like the look of it either.
          However ...... guess who does!!!!?
          She ain’t gotta fit it !!!
          But...........!!

Comment

Beautiful day today ....... and I’m sorting the bloody mower!

Suitably ‘Druidised’ and functioning safely the job I started yesterday had to be finished ....... followed by the ****ing lawn –
            didn’t dare not do it, or it’d have needed a forage harvester !!
            Can’t believe the amount it’s grown in a week or so’s rain!!

Had well over twice this off the paddock on’t side of the drive!
            Pity there’s no market for it !!
            Mulching deck on the Countax and chops it up real well, or it'd be even bigger piles!!

Least it’s done now for another week and hopefully it won’t have grown quite as much next time.
            Weather’s forecast pretty good all week so tomorrow’s going to be a panel day

Looked pretty fair though after all the effort and the mower performed faultlessly.

Don’t know who was more pee-ed off ..... me or Mrs D, with the lack of shed progress today, with such a lovely day !!

However ........ Tomorrow’s another day !!

Must build a lil’ tipper trailer for all this green stuff ...... barras are hard work !!
            Been considering acquiring a tipping skip and creating a demountable chassis to go under it.
            Got another old Mountfield ride on, I’ve had probably 20 years, with a good tow-ball on the back of it and if I make said skip de-mountable I can stick it anywhere I want it, to empty it, on the forks.
            Deck comes off it a POP to use as just a garden traccy.

Comment

Well , Mr Druid .You know I got a suggestion ,that kills 2 birds with the one stone .
              I see a large Grassed flatish area ,that must takes ages to mow , Why not Degrass it , and build your large shed down there .
              Less grass to mow , means more shed time New site means less wear and tear on the Druid Duck , and dumper
              Just wait till Pam goes off to town for a few hours , strip the grass off to reveal this great plan on her return .

Originally posted by v8druid View Post

Comment

Well , Mr Druid .You know I got a suggestion ,that kills 2 birds with the one stone .
                I see a large Grassed flatish area ,that must takes ages to mow , Why not Degrass it , and build your large shed down there .
                Less grass to mow , means more shed time New site means less wear and tear on the Druid Duck , and dumper
                Just wait till Pam goes off to town for a few hours , strip the grass off to reveal this great plan on her return .
                OMG!! Ian - she'd go nuts - great idea, but bugger up the view a bit

Comment

OK ...... great weather today ..... real progress .... frame no. 16 done

Just gotta get the skins on ‘em all !!!!!!

Last one getting a sliver taken off ..... it’s a special for the far end wall centre and had to be an inch narrower ...... couldn’t be arsed to get the rip saw out for an inch, so fitted the skin and ripped the ply off by hand in a couple of minutes

All stacked up, in order, ready to get stood up ..........

....... but not tonight !!! Bit late!!

Got a set of double steel doors, that I made quite some time ago, for the garage at a house I have in town, which never got fitted. These are going to be used for access in/out and I need to add a few fixing holes and alter some of the brackets already on the frame. Next on the to do list !!

Comment

Originally posted by v8druid View Post
                    OMG!! Ian - she'd go nuts - great idea, but bugger up the view a bit
                    What are ya Druid , Chicken .

Comment

What are ya Druid , Chicken .

Brurck, bruk, bruk, bruk, bruk Cockadoodledooo

Comment

Didn’t get a lot done yesterday, despite being up very early, (for me, these days), at 6.30 to unload a carrier that’d sprung a delivery on me the night before at 22.00, for 07.00!!
                        By the time I’d got him away, sorted out the delivery of ‘toys’, had me brekky, and done a few odds an’ sods for Pam, the morning had all but disappeared !!

Did eventually manage to get the door frame on the bench for a few alterations though ....

Lopped three of the original brackets off and repositioned ‘em .....

Then drilled a load of fixing holes

and countersunk ‘em all .......

In readiness to install the frame in’t shed !!

Today’s been a complete right off – SWMBO’s been nagging for a new carpet shampooer for ages and we acquired a new Vax the other day.
                        Usual story these days; arrives in bits, so it needed assembling and test driving.

Whoever designed this thing obviously didn’t have a great deal of savvy, with regard to the end user – need arms like Garth to shove this thing about and Mrs D struggled with the damned thing ‘from the off’!! Combine this with the fact that all the furniture needed re-locating ...... twice and you can see why today’s been a total non starter.

I did get an hour in’t ‘Drema, after I'd mowed the bloody lawn again (hell it's growing ATM), whilst Pam went off to her keep fit/circuits at 5 oclock.
                        Therapy !! Spent some time cleaning up/clearing the ramp area of a lot of ‘loose’ and losing the dumper load of spoil out the drain behind the shed base.

The ramp is going to get attacked again in the a.m. ..... have got to reduce that approach angle so’s I can just drive up/down without any ‘bucket assistance’ ....... really peeing me off and need to be able to simply carry up and down, without any faff, So there’ll be some more boulders getting to see the light of day again tomorrow, hopefully and it’ll get graded down to a less severe slope.

We still haven’t reached a decision on the roof cladding and I need to know, so I can get it ordered and the shed stood up ........ ‘Tain’t gonna stay this dry for much longer!!!!!

Comment

With rain forecast for the morning, the ramp had to have it this morning. Stuck the 4ft toothed bucket on and was determined to rip the shite out of it........ an’ all the boulders!!

It sure ripped it up and had to get down pretty deep in places to get the boulders out before back filling the holes.

Got a lot of quite decent stone out in places too .... oh for a riddle bucket!!

Hand sorting the bigger lumps was a tad tedious, but no chance of getting a decent suface without losing a lot of the bigger stuff first.

Then there was the ridiculously big stuff .......

That’s a 4 ft bucket it’s in!!!

Started a decent collection .....

And a hell of a pile of stone / rubble / dead concrete blocks

The pile grows ever larger .......

Eventually ended up with a grade I could drive up and down, with out having to hop the blade, or legs up and over, with the bucket, up/down on the approach. So now I can pick and carry up and down, no sweat !!
                          Got a pile of rocks on the lower level that need relocating to the ‘collection’ pile, up top, out the way.

Job for the morning if it ain't raining !!!

Comment

Yes , You had better hid them rocks ,before Pam sees them and starts dreaming/scheming about a lovely rockery garden .

Comment

Yes , You had better hid them rocks ,before Pam sees them and starts dreaming/scheming about a lovely rockery garden .
                              Well it'll be the third one Ian - already 'lost' all the ones that Jake could handle, in one on the side of the drive

A (3).jpg

and there's a small one in one of her gardens.

2014-11-26 11.25.08.jpg

2013-08-23 12.36.49.jpg

but I doubt it'll be the last one built - Druid Henge next, if I find any more tall ones, we can have some 'standing stones'

Comment

Lol .. rekon you should make a hot tub out of the next lot
                                Please don't PM me for plant advice.. thanks .. Post in the forum where I will gladly help, as will many of our contributors.. as the info and responses will help everyone else, which is why we exist

Comment

Working...
                                X