Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Only went and ****ing rained on me this afters

getting there .......

gonna have to put the VA-r and grab on to put some of these on a pallet !!!

PROPERLY !!!!! ...not the 0.5mm forecast !!!!

did damp the dust down ..... it's now brown sludge !!!!!
    If it's got tracks, wheels, t*ts, or an engine, at some point it's gonna give you trouble!!

Comment

• Busy day ....... getting sod all done !!

the best man and his assistant .....

trying to get these three out the door and mobile for ten was not easy ...

then clearing up the bomb site that was our house, twelve hours earlier, before the next shift arrived ......

to be taken to our next door (across a few fields) neighbours kids' party

damned sight better weather, than last year's peeing down and cold day !!

this un couldn't see what all the fuss was about this morning !!

LOL

I am deffo coming back as Druid's cat !!!!!
      If it's got tracks, wheels, t*ts, or an engine, at some point it's gonna give you trouble!!

Comment

• managed to get a bit done yesterday ..... Pam and the kids went out for the morning/early afternoon and I got some me time .....

slow old going though pulling the 'right' amount of rock out, without destroying the batter above

the pile is growing, but don't want to ship any out 'til I know what i'm going to need to get back to the right level .... running out of space though

got given as many pallets as I want Saturday, so must go get some and start getting some of those blocks stacked ....... A LOT more to come out yet and need 'em OUT!!

Trying to rain here ATM, but hoping it ain't gonna come to much ... need to get on !!

Comment

• rain came to sod all

so another day to myself ..... and cracking on ..... well I was 'til Sparty puss appeared ... all stop, bucket down and get him in the cab!!

getting down to 'a level' finally

top layer is all 'block stone' ... mudstone again under it .... a lot of block to come out yet ! Better go get a load of pallets !!

but running out of space to pile it all .... more than enough to trim off a level where needed so decided this morning that some - a lot - had to go, so been loading out most of the afternoon and tramping it up to me neighbour's stone stock pile in his field

Chatting with him last weekend, at his kid's birthday party and he's over the moon with the pile .... "keep it coming" was his expression ...

..... happy to oblige .. backwards is the only sensible way down here, with pushing 7-8 ton of rock in the skip

getting it up on the heap can be 'exciting' ..... that doesn't look much of a heap with the dumper sat on it ... it is though!!!!

gotsta be 9 or 10 ft high ....

the Thwaites is a big lump

if next doors hadn't pissed me off, this'd made a hell of a nice shed base/hard-standing area for his gear .... and'd been a bloody sight closer !!!!

tea time ..... 'bout half seven tonight ..... back from the last one of the day .. would've done another hour or so ..... but I was bloody starving !!

still a lot of 'block' to pull up

but the pile of stone and crush is diminishing ... IIRC about 10 or 11 loads this afters

reckon I can ship out most of the pile ... a lot more mudstone, under the block layer and most of it'll need ripping up

No fire tonight though

Comment

• co-pilot's been at it again ..... he's a personality .... damned near human !!

he's been a right lil' bugger this afternoon ....

In/out, in/out - I'll just lie here / there / here - where-ever

put him something to lie on in the hope he'd stay put

nope .. "I'll just lie here instead"

he's been on my lap, on the floor, under my feet, sat behind the seat, sat on my shoulders ..... laid on the deck of the machine - front / back, on top of the tool locker .. he has been everywhere today !!

he is one spoilt cat ... he cost me a bloody fortune when he was 18 months old ... has had a full back end rebuild ... both hips wired, pinned and screwed and his lower rear, right leg completely rebuilt.

you'd never know, apart from a few small scars .... we were very lucky to have one of the country's top orthopedic veterinary surgeons practicing quite locally.

the bill how-ever was

last but one load, from yon pile, ready to depart ....

a pretty fair heap up there .....

kept the last one - still in the dumper ATM ... in case I want/need it ...
            and set about getting it squared up, with what was left on the floor

still got a lot more mudstone to rip out in places, so might not need said load.... but yer never know??

looking a bit more like it ....

the big question is ....... how many more pallets do i need for this lot .....

looking a bit flatter than it was ... there's always one big b'stard that pops up as yer's pulling the edge across !!!!! getting there though

still got lots of tidying/fiddling about to do at the far end

then there's the question of dealing with those bloody lumpers ... and sorting this end ..... think I may have to relocate some pallets ... again .... to give me some space for this corner.!!!
            Plus .... quite a few of 'em are sat on some of what needs to come up !!

load count .....

this morning

this afternoon

put very near five hours on her today

which I know is sod all for all you guys who spend day in, day out in 'em .... but ...
            couple of min.s to load the dumper from the heap .... turn her off ... pilot dumper prob.s 2/3rds of a mile each way .... and repeat ....

for me to put hours on her is 'unusual'.

she's approaching about 850 hrs since I've had her .... so five in a stint's a lot for me - sort of!! ..... 4504 on her when she arrived at Druid central ..... four years ago!!!!

explains why I was 'in the groove', edge grading rubble, this afters !! ... LOL

as per ..... lots more pix here for the masochists amongst you
            http://s1275.photobucket.com/user/v8...postlogin=true

Comment

• Saturday started with ......... torrential rain .... but the sun was out by the time we'd done the hour to Welland !

stayed that way til about 3 and then it caught us up !!!!!!

someone'd got a challenge on their hands .... presumably from the auction the previous day !!

Clara'd loved watching the 'little diggers' in the RC display tent .... credit to the folks who put it on .... amazing small scale gear .... then she decided she needed to see the "big ones" up in the 'playpen' on the hill.
              Unfortunately by the time we'd trudged up there they'd all got tired of the mud too and'd given up for the day ...

she did get some up close and personal time with 'em though ...

checking out Martin Ashfield's traxcavator

after she'd checked out the row of 'beasts' and assorted 'heavy metal' awaiting her inspections

Many thanks to Dehane, who offered her a ride in his mule .... she'd have loved it, ... if she hadn't had an eppy ..... don't think she's ever seen anyone quite that tall before !!!

All in all and in spite of the bloody horrendous weather in the afternoon/evening, a good time was had by all. nice to have time with some old faces and meet a few new ones .....

two months of glorious weather and it had to piss down for Welland weekend .... sod's law!!!!

and yes we've had more than enough wet stuff here too, the last 48 hrs ....

ain't seen any of this wet brown stuff for a while ....

had started to dry a bit by yesterday evening

aided by the serious hooley that accompanied the precipitation and stuck around after it stopped.
              This is going to mean a return to the mowing regime ... had almost forgotten what that's like !!

We've had the pleasure of a visit from Doobin off the CEF and his good lady today, down in God's country for a wander about ... sure chose the right weekend to kick it off with

I blame him for the weather .... was fine, 'til he arrived in Wales, Friday night !!!!!!

Comment

• forgot to say that I'd managed to get this reasonably leveled out and all tracked in on Friday last week ... remember Numbawun, off the CEF saying that, the ol' twins do a decent job of flatting it down with 15t rolling about on it ... good job too with all the wet stuff over the weekend ...

got that pallet packed at last ... 'kin hard work too ...

gonna go get some more pallets and stick the VA-r & Cranab on, to sort that bloody pile out .... in my way to make any further progress and some of them are way too big for anything other than mechanical handling

Comment

• went and paid me neighbour a visit this morning ....

and came back with 20 pallets

last four coming out

and got parked over by the rock pile .....
                  then stuck the VA-r on. ......

..... and the Cranab, for some rock sorting and pallet packing

took a bit of patience, juggling them all about and landing them, so they stayed put and as I wanted them

didn't take too long though .....

will take longer to band the bloody things, probably!!!

VA-r worked fine, first off ..... not been on the 'Drema in a while, but made easy work of sorting and packing

Squeak came to tell me it was time for his tea ... as he often does ... as in
                  "I will just perform by here, until you come and feed me" LOL

Just a pile of real random lumps left to deal with, having sorted through them and gotten them ready to hand ball onto yet another pallet ... they'm all 'little 'uns', in comparison to some of the lumps today .... might just bag them, to keep them relatively contained !!

My neighbour was well happy to lose a trailer load of pallets and said to come back anytime for another one/two/ten loads of 'em !!
                  He's also over the moon with his rock stockpile down his field .... " just keep tipping it there ... all you like "

Left the VA-r sat on her tonight .... might need it again tomorrow for a bit of grab work and maybe the forks, to juggle this lot about

Don't like leaving the rams extended, but can't see it raining tonight and it's safe enough here.

Comment

• We've had the kids back again, ... from their third wedding on the trot ...
                    Shem continues to scream the house down, most of the night and I am knackered.
                    I am not good with sleep deprivation .... two nights I cope with, but ......!!!!

took them to Bristol airport at 4 a.m. this morning ... after about 30 minutes sleep last night !!!

Done sod all all day, as (a) I am buggered and (b) Clara day !!

Did manage to get all the pallets banded Tuesday, or was it yesterday ??? .... I have no idea TBH .. I am on screensaver !!
                    I have no idea how they cope with it ... and work !!

Might just bag the odd shaped lumps to keep 'em in some semblance of 'tidy', on a pallet, out the way

the rain at the weekend was .... significant .... I'd cleaned this out and emptied it (band saw coolant tank) .... came as a bit of a shock when I swung it out for a shufty and got soaked in the process ... old suds tanks stink !!!!

Note the meniscus 'clinging' to the corner !!!!!!!
                    Was some sort of full !!!!!

Comment

• I've cleaned out many suds tanks and machine tool sumps. My favourite method, when the bulk is pumped out. is to dump clean dry sawdust in, stir it around then vac it out with the workshop vac. A couple or three cycles of this and things get more pleasant to work on !

Comment

• Originally posted by AndrewMawson View Post
                        I've cleaned out many suds tanks and machine tool sumps. My favourite method, when the bulk is pumped out. is to dump clean dry sawdust in, stir it around then vac it out with the workshop vac. A couple or three cycles of this and things get more pleasant to work on !
                        Neat idea
                        I'd already cleaned/cleared the tank out last week, but you know what they're like ... old suds always stinks

Was 99.9% water, with just the slight residue that only a good pressure/steam cleaner'd really shift.
                        Was some sort of volume though - going 25-30 ltrs in there and all rain water ... admittedly caught in the machines coolant catch tray, plus, whatever had already overflowed into the base of the saw and sat on the bench/run off it.

we had some sort of deluges here over the weekend, as did a lot of the country by the seem of it.

Back to dry and warm these last couple of days, although it looked like we were in for a hell of a downpour at 5 a.m. this morning .... didn't happen though

Now it's all got to dry out again .... I'm amazed at how slowly it's happening, with the sun and breeze on it

Comment

• don't know how ... or why, .... but it was a Clara day again today !!

Needed to get to town as the kids have eaten everything and we needed a re-stock ....

Booked a pallet collection for a new (to me) bucket, earlier in the week for Wednesday ... expecting a Monday delivery next week ... looked at the tracking this morning and damn me if it wasn't out for delivery today ?????

usually here by half eleven, so gave 'em 'til then and then thought "sod it - we gotsta go" .. asked for a rough ETA this morning and got sod all, apart from before 5 today!!!!

been back about 5 minutes and nothing 'dumped' on the drive, so assumed they'd either been and not found me or they'd not been at all, when I get a call from the truck driver .. sorry he's late but had a day from hell.

" No problem " ..... transpires he's the son of a friend, knows exactly where we are ... but he's in a 6 wheeler ... a loooooong one.
                          So said I'd meet him at out turning spot, best part of the way down the drive with a trailer.

get there and yon lump is at the front of the truck ..... with a load of stuff he's collected through the day blocking it in, behind it.

Curtains open - back trailer up to the side of the truck and we persuaded it out over the side, down into the trailer and then flipped it over .... sweet as!!

not 'new' but one solid lump ... gonna need new cheeks .. not a problem ... made in the days when they knew how to make a solid bucket ... IMHDO 'tis a Geith, but STBC ......

Nice profile ..... for footing digging !!

and I sure as hell am not going to wear it out ....

Apparently 'twas on a Pocy last .... looks to have had a few 'incarnations', cheek-wise ..... it'll get another and probably its last .... 'Drema spec ... 400 x 280, on 70mm pins ..... have it sussed, but not in a hurry-ish ATM .... job for anon

Chap I had this off - usual Eblag - when we swapped phone numbers to get it sorted, I thought he'd sent me my own number back ..... until I realised he had one digit difference ..... some sort of coincidence !!!!! ..... he'd even rung himself by mistake, trying to call me ..... LOL

Anyone recognise the teeth ?

As you've probably guessed ...... it was a cheap bucket .... ain't gonna create gert trenches for concrete filling at 550mm wide and should plough through most things, I'm likely to encounter, when I get to it .... other than boulders .... of which there should be none, where I'll be pulling footings out

Comment

• Easco toothy pegs.................not the best to be honest............bucket looks like it fell off an O&K
                            Last edited by Stock; 05-08-2018, 10:31 PM.
                            A driven man with a burning passion.

Comment

• Originally posted by Stock View Post
                              Easco toothy pegs.................not the best to be honest............bucket looks like it fell off an O&K
                              Cheers Stock ..... the amount of use I'd give it they'd last years ... might just put an edge to these but will hopefully be 'easy' digging where I want to use it

Know what you mean on the O&K front .... with the forked dipper end ?? 'Tis a hell of a wide cheek ... 400mm between on the fronts 2.5" pins
                              Nice solid bucket though ... I ain't gonna break it ..... can't buy a decent Jake bucket for 100 quid

Comment

• set to a tidy up today ... eventually ...

shifted 4 pallets of rocks out the way

then spread out and tracked in, a large pile of fill / lumps / crushed mudstone, before turning my attention to all the crud lying about

three, (amazingly), dumper loads later and all's left to shift is those two gert lumps out the way and a few slabs that Pam has her eye on ..... the rest got crushed / dropped / generally reduced and shipped out

gonna need to re-locate a few pallets, etc.s, elsewhere, to give me somewhere to stand to finish off the far end, down to level ......

then finish off the bank down at t'other end ..... very ....... nearly ..... there !!
                                Gonna need some planings shortly ... an' a load o' clean 40mm!!

Comment

Working...
                                X