No announcement yet.

Druidic exploits of a various nature!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• You was a busy little beaver .Good to hear it went together as planed .
    Looks like you did deserve your dinner .

Comment

• Originally posted by ianoz View Post
      You was a busy little beaver .Good to hear it went together as planed .
      Yes .. a comprehensive thread indeed ... not many posters post their dinner up
      Please don't PM me for plant advice.. thanks .. Post in the forum where I will gladly help, as will many of our contributors.. as the info and responses will help everyone else, which is why we exist

Comment

• Nice work Graeme I might have to import your services one day.

Comment

• Originally posted by Muz View Post
          Yes .. a comprehensive thread indeed ... not many posters post their dinner up
          well that made me LOL Muz
          If it's got tracks, wheels, t*ts, or an engine, at some point it's gonna give you trouble!!

Comment

• Originally posted by 245dlc View Post
            Nice work Graeme I might have to import your services one day.
            Thanks Bert; would love to see Canada one day - pretty special country from what I see of it in various places!!
            usual story on it all though Bert - accuracy, "check twice-cut once" and "patience is a virtue" (that can't be taught)...... oh and a lot of thought/planning, beforehand
            If it's got tracks, wheels, t*ts, or an engine, at some point it's gonna give you trouble!!

Comment

You was a busy little beaver .Good to hear it went together as planed .
              I was bloody well ready for it, I can tell you - two coffees and 4 ginger nuts all day

Comment

• Up for some rhino stoppers at 02.30 last night - and prowling about 'til they kicked in at 4.00 - the shit my spleen gave me was the cost of a busy day.

Doing anything with my arms above waist/chest level squashes it in my rib cage and as it's treatment day today, it was at it's 'current biggest' again yesterday.
                Total PITA, but I'm buggered if it's going to rule my life and what I get up to daily.
                Bad enough with being so restricted in getting about in the car any distance - damned if I'm gonna stop 'doing' - I'll just keep taking the tablets!!

So consequently it was a bit of a delayed start today whilst I struggled to ‘sober up’ and get my head together – got there though !

First pic – “the cold light of day” – looked ok !!

Dragged all the gear out again, stuck up a couple of scaff. towers to work off and stuck a couple of walking boards across the walls to set the trusses onto and to get about on !!

First thing out the box was the far pine end, slung it up with the ‘Drema onto the boards and up-righted it into position. Then realised I’d forgotten to get the G-clamps out !! Bugger!!
                Mrs D does NOT like heights ........ of any description and wobbly scaff towers are deffo not her favourite method of getting above ground level !!
                In hindsight it would’ve been quicker to have laid the pine end back down, fretched the clamps and stood it back up ....... but then we wouldn’t have had the pic below, of it up and Pam clinging to it, with a vice like grip !!

Sneaked this one as I went for the clamps!!

Anyway .... got it secured and braced, then it was up with the next intermediate truss frame .....

URL=http://s1275.photobucket.com/user/v8druid/media/sheds/WP_20151013_15_16_46_Pro_zps6zbkrw1h.jpg.html][/URL]

....onto the boards and get it stood up, centred, braced and secured.

Couple of top purlins to make sure it stayed put and cut and fixed the mids too, before a tidy up for an early finish for treatment !!! So ..... progress was a little slower today, not helped by the fact that; everything was 8ft off the deck, every move had to be carefully planned and undertaken, plus remembering to make sure everything I wanted was up there with me (and the inevitable trips back down to fetch what I’d forgotten ..... or just dropped !!!!!!) .

Reasonably happy though with the limited progress ........

....... plus, a lot to tidy up before I could get plumbed in for me hamster juice !!

Pam had a fairly good day on the roller too and has almost finished all I’ve cut to length on the cladding front, so far, which is most of it !!

Hoping for a better night on the sleep front tonight, for a serious onslaught tomorrow (and an earlier start)!!

Usual thing – more here for anyone interested in a shufty http://s1275.photobucket.com/user/v8...lideshow/sheds

Comment

• Any progress is better than no progress ,Hope today ,you were feeling better and all went well .

Comment

• OK- better night – earlier start !! lots of prep, first thing, plus of course drag all the kit out again!!

First up was the second intermediate truss frame ....

Not heavy really, just damned awkward on yer own .....

So pop it up with the ‘Drema and fix in position !!

Next up ....... pine end panel

Secured with the purlins....

Nice to have the box devoid of trusses again .....

Last screw into the structure by 18.30 .......

......... tidy up, tools away and FOOD !!

All the ‘potchy’ trim bits in the morning with the 9 mm ply, to cover up all the edges/fill ins and then it’s cladding time.
                    Pam’s managed to get everything I’ve cut so far coated, so I can get all the walls skinned, then it’ll be a case of cutting all the ‘fiddlys’ for the pine ends, barges, soffits and all the joint cover strips (which’ll need coating ‘fore they go up!) !!

Usual story – the rest’s here
                    http://s1275.photobucket.com/user/v8...lideshow/sheds

Comment

Any progress is better than no progress ,Hope today ,you were feeling better and all went well .
                      Very true Ian Yeh much better night and a good day today All the structure's done - fiddly trims and cladding next, followed by my least fave bit - the roof cladding - gonna be more hateful than usual with a 45 pitch to contend with - getting the line's always the tough bit!

Comment

• Excellent progress.

you don't seem to have much, if any, eaves overhang beyond the walls considering how much rain you get where you are. Are the roofing sheets going to project down a bit? And if so how are you fixing your gutters?

Comment

• Cheers Andrew
                          "All will be revealed in the fullness of time"
                          Trying for the minimal air gap design - keep the drafts and the damp out
                          The roof cladding will overshoot enough to get it into the gutters and theoretically keep any extraneous wet stuff out too !
                          Plus I don't want to encroach any further out than I absolutely have to - it's a pinch point there, but had no choice about positioning really - should still end up with 10ft clearance, which'll see most things in, unless I buy a 10 ft wide Scammel ..... then ....... I be knackered

Drema comes through there OK ........ least it did today

Comment

• Forecast said rain this afters – yeh right – 0.1mm !!
                            Dashed down to the builder’s merchants first thing for some screws for the cladding then back to get the 9mm trims on the stud work.

Had to put the VA-r on with the forks to shift some pallets of blocks and stone from the back of the shed, as they were just too tight to it to work.
                            Well pleased with the way it handled ‘em and the way you can get just about any angle yer want, to get ‘em out and back in, where-ever you want.

Going to take some getting used to though !! Used ‘em again later to shift the timber pile from beside the shed and have to say – what a treat – turn ‘em side on, lift spin 180 and set it all down beside a box, t’other side of the patch – great bit of kit !

Anyways ....... shed!!
                            Clad the lower part of the back end and it looked OK.

Then moved on to the side, but needed another pair of hands for that bit, so’ve had Pam on the pinch bar keeping the levels right for me as I fitted ‘em – one left on the one side, but Pam was off out this evening and now’t stands in the way of her ‘social life’ – Manyana for that one !!

Food put a halt to any further progress at 6 o’clock and by the time I’d tidied up after, it was actually spitting with rain !! (for about 5 minutes) No more forecast for a week now !!
                            Darkness put paid to anything else and the newly sorted working lights on’t ‘Drema make putting it away, after dark, a doddle.

Bought her some 48W x 16LED lamp units this week, that Ruben (from t'other one) had recommended and need some time to get ‘em on there – put one across a battery to see what they’re like and jeez, you want yer shades on to look at it – bright or what – should be a serious improvement on the rather tired halogens that are currently on her. Light bar next, I think!

Here’s a last shot for today of the general effect.

We (Pam) were aiming for the ‘railway/track-side workers hut’ look – used to see ‘em all over the place – work huts built from sleepers stood up on end and a roof on top ............. I think we’re getting there – there are 75 x 20 jointing strips to cover all the joints and a fair-ish bit of trimmings here an’ there to go on, once it’s all boarded, but I’m happy with it ....... she’s ecstatic, least she was ‘til I said – “looks like the ol’ Ross Road goods yard” !! Not happy – so quipping it should be called Werngounsel Halt, wasn’t the best idea either !!
                            Telling her I could lay some tracks and get a Hi-rail set up for the ‘Drema didn’t go down any better either!!

It’s certainly ‘toned it down a bit’ ....... jeez, it stood out like a sore thumb, from the top of the drive, ½ a mile away – bit bright, that spruce ply !!

Comment

• Waiting to watch in interest , how the roof is sheeted,
                              When we did our shed the Sissor lift Made life so much easier .
                              Your machine with it's arsenal of attachments ,is sure making the job easier for you .

Comment

Waiting to watch in interest , how the roof is sheeted,
                                When we did our shed the Sissor lift Made life so much easier .
                                Your machine with it's arsenal of attachments ,is sure making the job easier for you .
                                Yeh ....... still contemplating that one ........ 45 deg pitch is gonna make it 'exciting' to say the least!!

At least it's not 15-20 feet in the air

The boards are coated with 80% black bitumious paint, 20% thinners mix - soaks in real well and waterproofs it a treat
                                It'll get a second coat when it's all assembled with a 90/10 mix - not so treacle like as straight black bitch!! and'll seal all the joints/cap any screw heads showing ........ which won't be many ...... 99% are covered!

Unknown to me Pam’s been sneaking in a few pix today too ....... here’s the timber pick up and move

Spun it 180 about and set it down t’other side of me

If I’d known she was doing the David Bailey, I’d have given her my phone for a vid!!

I wouldn't have noticed if my hat'd been on fire ........ concentration level is 12/10 with the VA-r on !!

Comment

Working...
                                X