Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Milling er Drilling machine Bench

Druid central, just East of Pandy, Nr. Abergavenny, S. Wales, UK, 3rd rock from the Sun
    Quote Originally Posted by Muz View Post
    I think you're right, cos its not massively loaded good plan. I'm keeping the other side free for future development as I get to see how these mag machines work out

Think its a 9 or 10 and I have the 5" too .. cant fault them really
    No where near as much loading with a broach, as a drill

I find the ol' 9" a bit of a handful these days, for prolonged use - makes my hands ache, so the 5", with the power it has, is just ideal

I've had 10 years daily use out of those 5"-ers, before having to replace 'em . Ten hard years, a piece, on the shop floor, day in day out - they are just great tools.
    The two I have ATM should see me out I reckon
    If it's got tracks, wheels, t*ts, or an engine, at some point it's gonna give you trouble!!

Quote Originally Posted by v8druid View Post

I find the ol' 9" a bit of a handful these days, for prolonged use - makes my hands ache,
    Yes I agree .. put a new disc on today to grind that H beam ... and well .. I knew I'd 'done' the job by the time I was finished .. I should have blown more off with the torch
    Please don't PM me for plant advice.. thanks .. Post in the forum where I will gladly help, as will many of our contributors.. as the info and responses will help everyone else, which is why we exist

Druid central, just East of Pandy, Nr. Abergavenny, S. Wales, UK, 3rd rock from the Sun
    Quote Originally Posted by Muz View Post
    Yes I agree .. put a new disc on today to grind that H beam ... and well .. I knew I'd 'done' the job by the time I was finished .. I should have blown more off with the torch
    Yeh, it's why I tend to favour the lil' 5 inch-ers these days - plenty of guts to get it off, but not such a handful and handle-able enough for one handed fettling when required

It's got to be a biggish lump of grinding before I get a 9" out.
    Must replace my 7" - a good in between-er and a lot less strain on the wrists - last one died some time ago and just haven't gotten around to 'acquiring' a.n.other one Dewalt do a tidy 7" ......... at a price!!
    If it's got tracks, wheels, t*ts, or an engine, at some point it's gonna give you trouble!!

Quote Originally Posted by building materials View Post
    Hi guys i am looking for wholesale construction materials suppliers can you help me by suggesting one.
    spammer alert Muz

Quote Originally Posted by v8druid View Post
    spammer alert Muz
    Yeah cheers for heads up ... but ya know what .. he did me a favor, I enjoyed re reading that
    Please don't PM me for plant advice.. thanks .. Post in the forum where I will gladly help, as will many of our contributors.. as the info and responses will help everyone else, which is why we exist