Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Volvo EC20 EC20B Workshop Manual ?

Hi All

Anyone know where I can download a Workshop Manual for a Volvo EC20B Mini Digger....preferably free...

Just bought a used EC20B and need to sort out a free minor niggles.

Thanks, Dave.

Originally posted by Davehuge View Post
    Hi All

Anyone know where I can download a Workshop Manual for a Volvo EC20B Mini Digger....preferably free...

Just bought a used EC20B and need to sort out a free minor niggles.

Thanks, Dave.
    The word 'free' seems to be your 'buzz' word we try to help people where possible
    Please don't PM me for plant advice.. thanks .. Post in the forum where I will gladly help, as will many of our contributors.. as the info and responses will help everyone else, which is why we exist

Comment

so Dave, tell us a little about yerself an' just why you's in need of said manual - got a problem with your machine? - see my signature

Oh and welcome along mate
      If it's got tracks, wheels, t*ts, or an engine, at some point it's gonna give you trouble!!

Comment

TBH Dave .. Its not a common machine and I dont know anyone whos got one .. dont think many on the forum do .. bit IIRC much is in common with EC15's just the frame and boom is different .. what's the problem you need help with ?
        Please don't PM me for plant advice.. thanks .. Post in the forum where I will gladly help, as will many of our contributors.. as the info and responses will help everyone else, which is why we exist

Comment

Hi, I recently bought the Volvo EC20B mini digger, it's not in too bad condition, it starts great and seems to have plenty of motor/hydraulic power, but I have a couple of jobs to do on it.

Two reasons why I wanted the Service Manual...

1. I've replaced both rubber tracks but haven't set the tension on them yet, I was hoping the manual would tell me where to measure the tension. I know how to adjust the tension but I want to make sure the tracks aren't too loose or tight.

2. The previous owner has messed around with the electrical wiring, I would like to get hold of a wiring diagram and put all the wiring back to standard, exactly as it should be.

I'm British but currently building a house down in the South of France. I'm a semi-retired CNC Machinery Service Engineer and have plenty of experience on mechanics, hydraulics, electrics, electronics. So with the service manual I'm sure I could get the Volvo back as it should be.

Thanks, Dave.

Comment

Can anyone give me an idea of setting the correct tension for the tracks?

Thanks, Dave.

Comment

Originally posted by Davehuge View Post
              Can anyone give me an idea of setting the correct tension for the tracks?

Thanks, Dave.
              You don't want them 'tight' because that will hasten the demise of the bearing in the front idler, but you need them tight enough to prevent them coming off, so, on that size of machine which has no top roller IIRC, just pump them up until the bottom of the track comes up towards the undercarriage, but not hard against it, that way when you lower the machine to the ground, the top of the track should not be tight like a rubber band, but resting on the track wear guides.

Comment

Thanks Muz, that sounds good.

All the best, Dave.

Comment

OK, so I got my new tracks fitted and tensioned, had a full day on the digger today and all's OK. Thanks for the pointers Muz.

Now all I need is a wiring diagram for the Volvo EC20 EC20B...can anyone help me?

Thanks, Dave.

Comment

Anyone know where I can buy/download a electrical wiring diagram?

Thanks, Dave.

Comment

Working...
                    X