This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Did you know ?

In order to assist users get the best functionality from the forum, from time to time, I'll post little snippets, about cool features you can use to assist your forum pleasure (this thread could either be very long or very short )

Starting with this :

Don't know if anyone has noticed... but every 60 seconds a little yellow box appears at the bottom right of your posting box which says AUTO-SAVED. What that means is that if you closed your browser by mistake, had a power cut or similar .. or otherwise navigated away from what you had just spent a..g..e..s.. typing in,... you can come back to the thread and re start your reply, and when you do so a little box appears at the bottom left of the box with the magic words 'restore auto-saved content' and hey presto ... the mamoth tome you spent all day inputting one digit at a time will auto magically re appear ... How cool is that ?
    Please don't PM me for plant advice.. thanks .. Post in the forum where I will gladly help, as will many of our contributors.. as the info and responses will help everyone else, which is why we exist

That's awesome Muz that you look after us so well, the other forum that some of us are on I'm pretty sure was last updated during the conflict in the Falklands. lol

Comment

Originally posted by Muz View Post
      In order to assist users get the best functionality from the forum, from time to time, I'll post little snippets, about cool features you can use to assist your forum pleasure (this thread could either be very long or very short )

Starting with this :

Don't know if anyone has noticed... but every 60 seconds a little yellow box appears at the bottom right of your posting box which says AUTO-SAVED. What that means is that if you closed your browser by mistake, had a power cut or similar .. or otherwise navigated away from what you had just spent a..g..e..s.. typing in you can come back to the thread and re start your reply, and when you do so a little box appears at the bottom left of the box with the magic words 'restore auto-saved content' and hey presto ... the mamoth tome you spent all day inputting one digit at a time will auto magically re appear ... How cool is that ?

It was bloody brilliant the other night when SWMBO tripped the leccy I must say I was half afraid it wasn't gonna be there but 99% of it was and I'd spent aaaaaaages inputting it, so was well chuffed Muz

Keep up the good work Mr Carlsberg
      If it's got tracks, wheels, t*ts, or an engine, at some point it's gonna give you trouble!!

Comment

Up on the top banner is a 'community' button .. some boys and girls have used this in the past to start a group, whereby group members can have direct chat sessions using the forum software. Its more of a snap chat type system that doesn't need full post and reply type dialog as elsewhere such as if someone starts a threat about something. As its not got a public front, and is mutual invitation, you can be a bit more free with your need to abuse your fellow members
        Please don't PM me for plant advice.. thanks .. Post in the forum where I will gladly help, as will many of our contributors.. as the info and responses will help everyone else, which is why we exist

Comment

Up on the top banner is a 'community' button .. some boys and girls have used this in the past to start a group, whereby group members can have direct chat sessions using the forum software. Its more of a snap chat type system that doesn't need full post and reply type dialog as elsewhere such as if someone starts a threat about something. As its not got a public front, and is mutual invitation, you can be a bit more free with your need to abuse your fellow members
          LOL - not sure 'bout the "threat"s though Muz!!

Tell everyone 'bout the double clicking on thumbnails to enlarge 'em in your posts - bloody brilliant that is - use it all the time
          If it's got tracks, wheels, t*ts, or an engine, at some point it's gonna give you trouble!!

Comment

While I have ye lads is there a certain number of post I need before I can post a pic on the blunt bucket thread?

Comment

Originally posted by James Waterfall View Post
              While I have ye lads is there a certain number of post I need before I can post a pic on the blunt bucket thread?
              Yes .. you want bumped up now ?

Comment

Yes .. you want bumped up now ?
                Kay .. thats you done .. post away .. its set that way to stop spammers ..etc .. the restriction goes by post count and/or membership timescale

Comment

Lovely if you could muz

Comment

On everyones posts ...... there is a black triangle ... bottom left .. its on everyone elses post too .. use this to alert an admin of a suspicious post, whether its something you find offensive .. or spam ... despite the tech that is used to prevent spammers .. inevitably some get through, and it spoils the browsing experience of users, so I work hard to eliminate it. It sends an email alert to Admin and it will be dealt with as promptly as possible

Comment

Working...
                    X