Phone cables into house

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Phone cables into house

My broadband was getting bit dicky .. so the guys came and put new cables up into the house but slung them really low through my trees ? so when the wind blows I'm expecting trouble .. whyd they do that ? is it their responsability to keep the lines clear ? and not mine ?
    Please don't PM me for plant advice.. thanks .. Post in the forum where I will gladly help, as will many of our contributors.. as the info and responses will help everyone else, which is why we exist

Its theirs IMHO .. but you might end up with some felled timber unless you do it 'your' way if you know what I mean

Comment

Ah well said trouble has arrived ... broadband has gone down
      Please don't PM me for plant advice.. thanks .. Post in the forum where I will gladly help, as will many of our contributors.. as the info and responses will help everyone else, which is why we exist

Comment

I'm limping along at a staggering 1.2mbps

Comment

At least your on

Comment

I rang up to complain about a line fault that was slowing our broadband down . Got the indian call centre , Girl was very helpfull ,just hard to understand . Checked computer setting , then did a speed test . My down load speed was 26.5 KBPS, and seeing they reckon dial up is 65KBPS , its shit :angry:. Girl said she would get a technition onto it , and I should hear from them in 8 #****#@@, Yeah , 8 Hours ,Days , Months ??????? got no idea . Once you get out of the capital citys broadband is crap ,unless your a massive big company connected through optic fibre cable .. Don't want to complain too much as there a people doing it tough still after the floods and cyclone . Some still don't have power 2 months on .

Comment

I'm getting really hacked off with it this weekend and its not my ISP's fault its bloody BT

Comment

Ouchy ... wot you supposed to be getting then ?
                Frank Daily .. yesterday .. today.. tomorrow .. everyday

Comment

Whatever did we do back in the stone ages when we all only had 1 telephone in the house screwed to the wall with a 6 foot cord attached?

About 1-1/2 years ago, I had sporadic internet. At first I thought it was the router, so I went through several go-rounds with India, finally I got fed up and replaced the whole danged thing. Still no joy. My DSL service comes in on my fax line. Finally, when the interent went out, I picked up the handset to the fax and heard nothing but static. AHHA! Line issues. Still no joy. It took 6 tries for the phone company to figure out that a squirrel had chewed through the line 6 inches from the pole-mounted junction box. Inept morons!

Comment

Originally posted by FnDaily View Post
                    Ouchy ... wot you supposed to be getting then ?
                    20 Meg ADSL2+

Originally posted by B4D2USA View Post
                    Whatever did we do back in the stone ages when we all only had 1 telephone in the house screwed to the wall with a 6 foot cord attached?
                    I know.. its bloody sad isnt it .. when it went off on Friday night the kids started rioting .. no facebook ...... and suddenly there is chaos and disorder Well Ive put a support ticket in to Zen internet, we'll have to wait and see what they say about !

Actually its not the first time I've thought about getting a second service laid into the building to cope with redundancy like this .. and since its getting cheaper all the time its looking like a more viable option

Comment

Originally posted by Muz View Post
                      .. when it went off on Friday night the kids started rioting .. no facebook ...... and suddenly there is chaos and disorder
                      They wouldnt in my house I can tell you .. the little players would have been sent on duties .. and I dont allow TV's in their rooms anyway ..
                      What you looking at ? ..

Comment

Sorted

Comment

That looks more respectable Muz .. how much that costing you ?
                          Hydraulic oil -- its in my veins - - - well I assume thats what the pain is

Comment

Originally posted by FrankB View Post
                            That looks more respectable Muz .. how much that costing you ?
                            Too much .. about £25/month but I'd say Zens tech support is second to none .. and we are far more likely to encounter problems because we still have overhead wires

Comment

Sorted

Well thats nothing like the other thread you posted Muz

Funny .. last time I posted I got 5 meg and thought it was a bit light .. tried it last night and got this ? Ah well mustn grumble

[ATTACH=CONFIG]265[/ATTACH]
                              Somebody is pulling your chain my man
                              What you looking at ? ..

Comment

Working...
                              X