Kubota KX080 8 tonner exhaust failure

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kubota KX080 8 tonner exhaust failure

Ok guys .. here we go Not much to complain about with this digger at all .. she been a fine worker .. so I've no complaints about this job .. its just stuff that needs done with some machines .. being as she has about 4500 hours

The exhaust had a heat shield over it from new .. but vibration and heating fractured the mounts for the shield which eventually came loose during a hire and rendered the muffler useless .. trouble was it had 4 bolts .. not just what you see in the pic so four holes to repair
    Attached Files
    Please don't PM me for plant advice.. thanks .. Post in the forum where I will gladly help, as will many of our contributors.. as the info and responses will help everyone else, which is why we exist

I gots me self busy and rekoned there was enough metal on that tin can for a good guy with a stick ... those mig blokes think they are the gods gift .. but I learned stick welding on muck spreaders (with no prep).. those that know where I'm at will have a wee lol

Attached Files
    Please don't PM me for plant advice.. thanks .. Post in the forum where I will gladly help, as will many of our contributors.. as the info and responses will help everyone else, which is why we exist

Comment

So next the nuts so I could reattach the bolts for the shield

All nuts placed and welded first time ... big man upstairs was looking down on me ... just as well .... as I fooked my arthritic elbow off a panel whilst removing an air pipe to get the fooking exhaust off ... anyway
      Job done

200 maybe £300 pounds saved
      Attached Files

Comment

Shield went straight back on cos I got me nuts welded and aligned perfect but forgot to take a pic dont look like on the pic though .. but they went straight in .. old fermers trick

Comment

Nice work Tight arsed Scotsman

Comment

Originally posted by ianoz View Post
            Nice work Tight arsed Scotsman
            Aye it doesent half motivate ye

Comment

Working...
            X