Lifton LS750 Dumper Yanmar and Hydrostacic drive

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lifton LS750 Dumper Yanmar and Hydrostacic drive

Hi, I have looked through the Lifton threads but to no avail so if anyone can redirect me or better still put us out of our misery.
    Son buys house and has to buy Dumper too, towed in from outside; adjusted valves as advised before towing [evidence: previous owner had broken straps trying to shift]. Following scant instructions we put the valves top and bottom of gearbox in what we thought was correct. Fitted new starter motor [old one had no teeth left on sprocket] carried out cleaning and replacement of filters to engine; bleed fuel to injectors and after a charged battery the little beauty started. It was facing forwards so drove it out of the shed. However whilst steer, lift, tip and spill all work perfectly we lost power under drive and found we had no reverse at all. Please: What is the correct position for these valves on the gearbox? Have we let air in? Will we ever work again? Many thanks
    Richard

Update

We have some drive but still no reverse.

Comment

Can you stick up a pic so we can see exactly which model it is ?
      Please don't PM me for plant advice.. thanks .. Post in the forum where I will gladly help, as will many of our contributors.. as the info and responses will help everyone else, which is why we exist

Comment

tha's a new one free dumper with your new house !!!!!!! Luv it Oh an' welcome along BTW ......... we all love pix
        If it's got tracks, wheels, t*ts, or an engine, at some point it's gonna give you trouble!!

Comment

The trouble with that machine is there was several models with the same designation, but different control systems
          Please don't PM me for plant advice.. thanks .. Post in the forum where I will gladly help, as will many of our contributors.. as the info and responses will help everyone else, which is why we exist

Comment

Picture

I'll get a picture when I go there again this week-end. Thanks so far
            Richard

Comment

Photos of Lifton

I am not sure if this is what you need, it occurred to me you might want the drive unit that only goes forward and not back with any power
              Attached Files

Comment

So .. that one uses a rocker pedal for forward reverse. The link rods connected to the pedal must be adjusted correctly to give equal forward and reverse drive. You could try to disconnect them and manually move the control valve to see if you have drive first and foremost to eliminate an adjustment problem. Given its age .. you may have a worn drive pump also which really should have a pressure test.

Comment

Lifton 750 Dumper

Thank you Muz,
                  This has a stalk on the steering column for forward and reverse.
                  Many thanks
                  Richard

Comment

Originally posted by Muz View Post
                    So .. that one uses a rocker pedal for forward reverse. The link rods connected to the pedal must be adjusted correctly to give equal forward and reverse drive. You could try to disconnect them and manually move the control valve to see if you have drive first and foremost to eliminate an adjustment problem. Given its age .. you may have a worn drive pump also which really should have a pressure test.
                    A few things possible, bad adjustment, the lever attached to the end of the swash plate comes lose, or the bearings on the swash plate have disintegrated and the plate moves more one way more than the other.

Mick

Comment

Originally posted by Greentiles View Post
                      Thank you Muz,
                      This has a stalk on the steering column for forward and reverse.
                      Many thanks
                      Richard
                      Jeeez .. its been a while since I used these things .. it looked like the other type to me from the pics .. so its a shuttle control then .. thats a new ball game as the mechanics are totally different .. i'll need to regroup me thoughts

Comment

Hmm .... so it doesent have a rocker pedal at all ? ... just the switch on the column.. and an accelerator ?

Comment

Hmm .... so it doesent have a rocker pedal at all ? ... just the switch on the column.. and an accelerator ?
                          Change the the caps over see what you get, if it goes the opposite way then electrical, if doesn't move at all spool in shuttle jammed up or rusty from water in oil.

Mick

Comment

Originally posted by Mick-the-fitter View Post
                            Change the the caps over see what you get, if it goes the opposite way then electrical, if doesn't move at all spool in shuttle jammed up or rusty from water in oil.

Mick
                            or solenoid Knacked????
                            If it's got tracks, wheels, t*ts, or an engine, at some point it's gonna give you trouble!!

Comment

Correct Muz

Comment

Working...
                              X