Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Power shift dumper

Hello there,

just curious if anyone owns/ has experience of, a site dumper with the power shift (column change) transmission? It is and was (respectively) an option on some thwaites and Barfords, but I've looked at loads of dumpers at auction and never seen one; but they must exist

thanks

Originally posted by Pond digger View Post
    Hello there,

just curious if anyone owns/ has experience of, a site dumper with the power shift (column change) transmission? It is and was (respectively) an option on some thwaites and Barfords, but I've looked at loads of dumpers at auction and never seen one; but they must exist

thanks
    Hi PD and nice to see yer!!

By column change you mean the power shift/shuttle box with a switch for fwd/rev.?
    I've an '87 6 tonne swivel skip thwaites - same box as my '86 black cab Jakie - 4 on the stick and fwd/rev on the switch - great box!
    Last edited by v8druid; 16-08-2015, 08:26 PM. Reason: spellimng - like I said SPELLING !!!!!!!
    If it's got tracks, wheels, t*ts, or an engine, at some point it's gonna give you trouble!!

Comment

Probably gonna be very rare PD? I'd imagine that was expensive box to tick when ordering a new dumper...

Comment

Originally posted by v8druid View Post
        Hi PD and nice to see yer!!

By column change you mean the power shift/shuttle box with a switch for fwd/rev.?
        I've an '87 6 tonne swivel skip thwaites - same box as my '86 black cab Jakie - 4 on the stick and fwd/rev on the switch - great box!
        Ey up there Druid, how are yer?

No I don't mean power shuttle, I'm talking power shift gear change.

Comment

Originally posted by James Waterfall View Post
          Probably gonna be very rare PD? I'd imagine that was expensive box to tick when ordering a new dumper...
          Aye Im sure your right but Thwaites must think there's demand, else they wouldn't bother making it an option.

Comment

Ey up there Druid, how are yer?

No I don't mean power shuttle, I'm talking power shift gear change.
            I's OK ta.

You mean, as in, on the buttons? - had one in a crane once - hateful bloody thing - nice crane though
            or
            as in stalk, like in old Volvo BM trucks?
            If it's got tracks, wheels, t*ts, or an engine, at some point it's gonna give you trouble!!

Comment

Originally posted by v8druid View Post
              I's OK ta.

You mean, as in, on the buttons? - had one in a crane once - hateful bloody thing - nice crane though
              or
              as in stalk, like in old Volvo BM trucks?
              the power shift is a twist stick thingy, like a 3cx power shift I think.

Oh, and ones been spotted by a keen eyed Meerkat ont tother forum.

Comment

the power shift is a twist stick thingy, like a 3cx power shift I think
                Like one of these ? IMG_3653[1].jpg
                Please don't PM me for plant advice.. thanks .. Post in the forum where I will gladly help, as will many of our contributors.. as the info and responses will help everyone else, which is why we exist

Comment

Originally posted by Muz View Post
                  Like one of these ? [ATTACH=CONFIG]2732[/ATTACH]
                  Well Perhaps; but as I haven't actually seen one in the flesh

Comment

Well Perhaps; but as I haven't actually seen one in the flesh
                    Its just a forward reverse shuttle .. with a pedal accelerator .. no brake as, when you let off the gas the oil flow stops and brakes the machine to a halt all our Thwaites have it as do the Neusons
                    Please don't PM me for plant advice.. thanks .. Post in the forum where I will gladly help, as will many of our contributors.. as the info and responses will help everyone else, which is why we exist

Comment

I think what we're talking about here is the sort of set up that the old Ovlov BM ADTs used to have - fwd/bwd movement and rotate to change cogs??

one o' these ol' girls

volvo BM.2.jpg volvo BM.jpg
                      used to make all sorts of bits for these - customer had 15 of 'em and were always making wings, tailgates or repairing the bodies

Comment

Ooh dat will be different I can guarantee

Comment

Yes that's it Druid. That's just a power shuttle then Mus; no twisty gear change. I see I've caused some confusion

Comment

Yes that's it Druid. That's just a power shuttle then Mus; no twisty gear change. I see I've caused some confusion
                            were all about confusion .. and chaos here no problem fella

Comment

Working...
                            X