Safety Glasses Safety Glasses

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Safety Glasses Safety Glasses

Ive been using safety glasses a lot more than I used to, there are some excellent products available now that are so good, you forget you've got them on !... Trouble is, I didn't have any on when I dropped a 5 litre tin of Xylene on the bench the other day, and god a face full .. man that stings. I automatically ran to my emergency station and cracked open the eye dousing solution and got my clothes off that were soaked. After the initial panic a read of the safety instructions on the tin stated that liquid Xylene is extremely damaging to eyes oh dear .. back to the washing ... and the effects began to 'cool' down. No damage done thankfully. What happened was I grabbed the can by the spout, and the lid came off dropping the can on the bench ... the thud violently caused a jet of the stuff to come shooting out of the spout .. stupid mistake .. but we all make 'em eh ?
    Please don't PM me for plant advice.. thanks .. Post in the forum where I will gladly help, as will many of our contributors.. as the info and responses will help everyone else, which is why we exist

Glad to hear that you survived, especially as I was using Xylene only yesterday for some spraying.

My problem with safety glasses / masks etc is that I wear glasses and I've yet to some that don't make me fog up :( I've always had plastic lenses in my specs as I've already lost one eye

Comment

Originally posted by AndrewMawson View Post
      Glad to hear that you survived, especially as I was using Xylene only yesterday for some spraying.

My problem with safety glasses / masks etc is that I wear glasses and I've yet to some that don't make me fog up :( I've always had plastic lenses in my specs as I've already lost one eye
      Ouchy .. Don't you need force fed masks when spraying anyway Andrew ? I assume you were cleaning a gun or something ?
      Please don't PM me for plant advice.. thanks .. Post in the forum where I will gladly help, as will many of our contributors.. as the info and responses will help everyone else, which is why we exist

Comment

Take care loon dont go doing stuff like that please

Comment

No Muz, not a gun. I stuck a mapping pen in it when I was five :(

For spraying I have never used 2k or anything deadly and it's usually small scale stuff anyway. Only force fed mask that I have is the helmet on my Hodge Clemco sand blasting rig.

Comment

Originally posted by AndrewMawson View Post
            No Muz, not a gun. I stuck a mapping pen in it when I was five :(

For spraying I have never used 2k or anything deadly and it's usually small scale stuff anyway. Only force fed mask that I have is the helmet on my Hodge Clemco sand blasting rig.
            Ooh cringe at the thought in fairness I was meaning spray gun thought you used xylene to clean them out ?

Comment

Working...
            X