Record breaking ????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Record breaking ????

Saw this on face book , so not sure if all will be able to see the link .
    In Pommie speak the word Tossers come to mind
    In Aussie ,i think the censor program here would sanitize it .
    http://newsthump.com/2015/08/26/lorr...=socialnetwork
    Last edited by ianoz; 27-08-2015, 02:33 AM.

Yea they hung that out a bit All us UK trucks are regulated by euro rules which includes limiters set at 56mph despite the limit on motorways being 60 for trucks. Some are set at 54 others 55 etc which leads to this stacking problem .. but not for 3.5 hours
    Please don't PM me for plant advice.. thanks .. Post in the forum where I will gladly help, as will many of our contributors.. as the info and responses will help everyone else, which is why we exist

Comment

No speed limiter if you stick a magnet on the gearbox speed sender unit, I've always got home for dinner on time

Comment

Originally posted by ianoz View Post
        Saw this on face book , so not sure if all will be able to see the link .
        In Pommie speak the word Tossers come to mind
        In Aussie ,i think the censor program here would sanitize it .
        http://newsthump.com/2015/08/26/lorr...=socialnetwork
        Sounds a bit 'Big Brother' Ian ........ WTF is the "Censor Program"?
        And before you ask it's lashing down ...... again ....... hence Druid at 'puter !!!
        If it's got tracks, wheels, t*ts, or an engine, at some point it's gonna give you trouble!!

Comment

Originally posted by 1 RB View Post
          No speed limiter if you stick a magnet on the gearbox speed sender unit, I've always got home for dinner on time
          I think Mr VOSA are a bit wise to that one now On our last Scania it was fuse 21 ... but it knocked out the indicators as well
          Please don't PM me for plant advice.. thanks .. Post in the forum where I will gladly help, as will many of our contributors.. as the info and responses will help everyone else, which is why we exist

Comment

plus it shows up yer tacho, when pulled!!!!!
            If it's got tracks, wheels, t*ts, or an engine, at some point it's gonna give you trouble!!

Comment

Originally posted by v8druid View Post
              Sounds a bit 'Big Brother' Ian ........ WTF is the "Censor Program"?
              I think he means the fact that words like **** and **** are auto blanked out ... I forgotton the one Ian came out with before though which was a good one ... oh aye found it,.. it was s****y or s.w.a.n.k.y.

Comment

ah - misread here as Oz, not P&C

Comment

I don't even bothering editing it anymore - just write and let the software deal with it

Comment

Originally posted by v8druid View Post
                    I don't even bothering editing it anymore - just write and let the software deal with it
                    So do I .. think theres only about 10 it does it for .... pissing down here too BTW

Comment

Originally posted by Muz View Post
                      So do I .. think theres only about 10 it does it for .... pissing down here too BTW
                      Has to be seen to be believed - been like it all night too - have Velux above the bed - been like kipping in a caravan all night

Comment

you know it's fake , overtaking national express , never

Comment

Originally posted by d4c24a View Post
                          you know it's fake , overtaking national express , never
                          True dat ... hard enough in a car sometimes I dont know why they dont set them all to 60 cos LGV are allowed 60 on Mways ?

Comment

EU

i believe it to be due to the EU limit being 90 K,s ,so that equates to 56 mph , so if set to 60 mph would be illegal in other EU countries

you could do the worn tyre trick and have your tacho calibrated , or ask nicely at the garage , most of ours are just under 60

Comment

Originally posted by d4c24a View Post
                              i believe it to be due to the EU limit being 90 K,s ,so that equates to 56 mph , so if set to 60 mph would be illegal in other EU countries

you could do the worn tyre trick and have your tacho calibrated , or ask nicely at the garage , most of ours are just under 60
                              Reminds me of the situation where I had to replate a trailer because the lad towing it 'could' overload it with the plate that was on it for his towing vehicle.. I dont really get this 'might' and 'if' scenario When I called Ifor Williams they never even quibbled and sent me new one for it 250kgs lower ?

Comment

Working...
                              X