X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stothert and Pitt roller

So here is my current project . A 1964 s and p roller
    Attached Files

Good on ya ,,Maybe it is different over there ,But very few people over here would restore These sort of machines .

Comment

Originally posted by ianoz View Post
      Good on ya ,,Maybe it is different over there ,But very few people over here would restore These sort of machines .
      In their time a good well used roller, mostly cricket pitch work these days.

Mick

Comment

Originally posted by Mick-the-fitter View Post
        In their time a good well used roller, mostly cricket pitch work these days.

Mick
        Yes good point .. why is that Mick ?
        Please don't PM me for plant advice.. thanks .. Post in the forum where I will gladly help, as will many of our contributors.. as the info and responses will help everyone else, which is why we exist

Comment

Originally posted by Muz View Post
          Yes good point .. why is that Mick ?
          Cuz they're antiques, compared to a modern Vibro-roller Muz
          If it's got tracks, wheels, t*ts, or an engine, at some point it's gonna give you trouble!!

Comment

Originally posted by v8druid View Post
            Cuz they're antiques, compared to a modern Vibro-roller Muz
            Just wondered why they always seemed to be on cricket grounds .. I guess they are cheaper to keep going for the groundsmen rather than hiring.

What sort of weight were they ?
            Please don't PM me for plant advice.. thanks .. Post in the forum where I will gladly help, as will many of our contributors.. as the info and responses will help everyone else, which is why we exist

Comment

Originally posted by Muz View Post
              Just wondered why they always seemed to be on cricket grounds .. I guess they are cheaper to keep going for the groundsmen rather than hiring.

What sort of weight were they ?
              I would imagine because cause from a health and safety point of view, they are handle start, have no ROPS, but they do a good job on the cricket pitch, I would say 3/4 ton upwards dead weight!

Mick

Comment

Over here hire mobs had heaps of them type , when things like the Ingersoll rand DA30 came out , no one wanted to hire the old type .so hire mobs donated them to the cricket clubs .

Comment

Colour

Ok lads . We have the fate of them sorted ... I have it split in two, new floor , new water tank , sand blasted , filled and primed , engine and gearbox rebuilt . All I need now is the ral number of the ORIGINAL light green colour .... Let's get our heads together on this one please ....

Comment

Originally posted by Sdarmstrong View Post
                    Ok lads . We have the fate of them sorted ... I have it split in two, new floor , new water tank , sand blasted , filled and primed , engine and gearbox rebuilt . All I need now is the ral number of the ORIGINAL light green colour .... Let's get our heads together on this one please ....
                    Light Brunswick Green?
                    If it's got tracks, wheels, t*ts, or an engine, at some point it's gonna give you trouble!!

Comment

No I'm afraid not . It's a light sickly green ...

Comment

Paint

So paint colour has been decided!!

Comment

I think a picture may follow...
                          Attached Files

Comment

Looks good, Thanks for posting up the photos.

Comment

damn that looks tidy Dave - what was the colour after ??

Comment

Working...
                              X