Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Stothert and Pitt roller

Stothert and Pitt roller

So here is my current project . A 1964 s and p roller
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quantity Surveyor on the up ianoz's Avatar
    Good on ya ,,Maybe it is different over there ,But very few people over here would restore These sort of machines .

Apprentice joiner
    Quote Originally Posted by ianoz View Post
    Good on ya ,,Maybe it is different over there ,But very few people over here would restore These sort of machines .
    In their time a good well used roller, mostly cricket pitch work these days.

Mick

Quote Originally Posted by Mick-the-fitter View Post
    In their time a good well used roller, mostly cricket pitch work these days.

Mick
    Yes good point .. why is that Mick ?
    Please don't PM me for plant advice.. thanks .. Post in the forum where I will gladly help, as will many of our contributors.. as the info and responses will help everyone else, which is why we exist

Druid central, just East of Pandy, Nr. Abergavenny, S. Wales, UK, 3rd rock from the Sun
    Quote Originally Posted by Muz View Post
    Yes good point .. why is that Mick ?
    Cuz they're antiques, compared to a modern Vibro-roller Muz
    If it's got tracks, wheels, t*ts, or an engine, at some point it's gonna give you trouble!!

Quote Originally Posted by v8druid View Post
    Cuz they're antiques, compared to a modern Vibro-roller Muz
    Just wondered why they always seemed to be on cricket grounds .. I guess they are cheaper to keep going for the groundsmen rather than hiring.

What sort of weight were they ?
    Please don't PM me for plant advice.. thanks .. Post in the forum where I will gladly help, as will many of our contributors.. as the info and responses will help everyone else, which is why we exist

Apprentice joiner
    Quote Originally Posted by Muz View Post
    Just wondered why they always seemed to be on cricket grounds .. I guess they are cheaper to keep going for the groundsmen rather than hiring.

What sort of weight were they ?
    I would imagine because cause from a health and safety point of view, they are handle start, have no ROPS, but they do a good job on the cricket pitch, I would say 3/4 ton upwards dead weight!

Mick

Quantity Surveyor on the up ianoz's Avatar
    Over here hire mobs had heaps of them type , when things like the Ingersoll rand DA30 came out , no one wanted to hire the old type .so hire mobs donated them to the cricket clubs .

Colour

Ok lads . We have the fate of them sorted ... I have it split in two, new floor , new water tank , sand blasted , filled and primed , engine and gearbox rebuilt . All I need now is the ral number of the ORIGINAL light green colour .... Let's get our heads together on this one please ....

Druid central, just East of Pandy, Nr. Abergavenny, S. Wales, UK, 3rd rock from the Sun
    Quote Originally Posted by Sdarmstrong View Post
    Ok lads . We have the fate of them sorted ... I have it split in two, new floor , new water tank , sand blasted , filled and primed , engine and gearbox rebuilt . All I need now is the ral number of the ORIGINAL light green colour .... Let's get our heads together on this one please ....
    Light Brunswick Green?
    If it's got tracks, wheels, t*ts, or an engine, at some point it's gonna give you trouble!!