Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 18

Thread: Stothert and Pitt roller

  1. #1

    Stothert and Pitt roller

    So here is my current project . A 1964 s and p roller
    Attached Images Attached Images

  2. #2
    Quantity Surveyor on the up ianoz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    2,484
    Good on ya ,,Maybe it is different over there ,But very few people over here would restore These sort of machines .

  3. #3
    Apprentice joiner
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    Guildford, Surrey
    Posts
    102
    Quote Originally Posted by ianoz View Post
    Good on ya ,,Maybe it is different over there ,But very few people over here would restore These sort of machines .
    In their time a good well used roller, mostly cricket pitch work these days.

    Mick

  4. #4
    Admin Muz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Scotland
    Posts
    4,352
    Quote Originally Posted by Mick-the-fitter View Post
    In their time a good well used roller, mostly cricket pitch work these days.

    Mick
    Yes good point .. why is that Mick ?
    Please don't PM me for plant advice.. thanks .. Post in the forum where I will gladly help, as will many of our contributors.. as the info and responses will help everyone else, which is why we exist

  5. #5
    Fabrication Guru +1 v8druid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Location
    Druid central, just East of Pandy, Nr. Abergavenny, S. Wales, UK, 3rd rock from the Sun
    Posts
    2,729
    Quote Originally Posted by Muz View Post
    Yes good point .. why is that Mick ?
    Cuz they're antiques, compared to a modern Vibro-roller Muz
    If it's got tracks, wheels, t*ts, or an engine, at some point it's gonna give you trouble!!

  6. #6
    Admin Muz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Scotland
    Posts
    4,352
    Quote Originally Posted by v8druid View Post
    Cuz they're antiques, compared to a modern Vibro-roller Muz
    Just wondered why they always seemed to be on cricket grounds .. I guess they are cheaper to keep going for the groundsmen rather than hiring.

    What sort of weight were they ?
    Please don't PM me for plant advice.. thanks .. Post in the forum where I will gladly help, as will many of our contributors.. as the info and responses will help everyone else, which is why we exist

  7. #7
    Apprentice joiner
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    Guildford, Surrey
    Posts
    102
    Quote Originally Posted by Muz View Post
    Just wondered why they always seemed to be on cricket grounds .. I guess they are cheaper to keep going for the groundsmen rather than hiring.

    What sort of weight were they ?
    I would imagine because cause from a health and safety point of view, they are handle start, have no ROPS, but they do a good job on the cricket pitch, I would say 3/4 ton upwards dead weight!

    Mick

  8. #8
    Quantity Surveyor on the up ianoz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    2,484
    Over here hire mobs had heaps of them type , when things like the Ingersoll rand DA30 came out , no one wanted to hire the old type .so hire mobs donated them to the cricket clubs .

  9. #9

    Colour

    Ok lads . We have the fate of them sorted ... I have it split in two, new floor , new water tank , sand blasted , filled and primed , engine and gearbox rebuilt . All I need now is the ral number of the ORIGINAL light green colour .... Let's get our heads together on this one please ....

  10. #10
    Fabrication Guru +1 v8druid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Location
    Druid central, just East of Pandy, Nr. Abergavenny, S. Wales, UK, 3rd rock from the Sun
    Posts
    2,729
    Quote Originally Posted by Sdarmstrong View Post
    Ok lads . We have the fate of them sorted ... I have it split in two, new floor , new water tank , sand blasted , filled and primed , engine and gearbox rebuilt . All I need now is the ral number of the ORIGINAL light green colour .... Let's get our heads together on this one please ....
    Light Brunswick Green?
    If it's got tracks, wheels, t*ts, or an engine, at some point it's gonna give you trouble!!

Similar Threads

  1. bottom track roller
    By 2414.ginger in forum Help With Parts or Parts Sourcing
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 15-08-2015, 12:55 PM
  2. Joining two halves of a bottom roller
    By Muz in forum All Plant Youtube clips / Pictures
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 17-11-2012, 06:04 PM

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •