What you all doing today ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What you all doing today ?

See a Bunch all signed in but no one talking ? sooo .. what you all been up to today ? Even plant men have to do work at home .. for me it was ripping out a shower base in the kids bathroom and replacing it . Previous plumber thought it ok to tile onto gyproc/drywall . Bad move
    Please don't PM me for plant advice.. thanks .. Post in the forum where I will gladly help, as will many of our contributors.. as the info and responses will help everyone else, which is why we exist

Doing a bit of tidying up and serviced the wife's car,can't really do anything too noisy up here on a Sunday!

Comment

Originally posted by alancaddy View Post
      Doing a bit of tidying up and serviced the wife's car,can't really do anything too noisy up here on a Sunday!
      ive been bad up there before fishing and all sorts on Sunday but ... If the ferry can sail ?.... It's good enough for me
      Please don't PM me for plant advice.. thanks .. Post in the forum where I will gladly help, as will many of our contributors.. as the info and responses will help everyone else, which is why we exist

Comment

Sunday ferry is always the busiest of the week, it's pretty bad for mainland company's that come over here to work and then find out they can only work six days instead of seven must add a lot to there costs

Comment

getting wet!!!!! again and again - on/wearing 3rd set of clothes today !!
          If it's got tracks, wheels, t*ts, or an engine, at some point it's gonna give you trouble!!

Comment

Broke my finger , so off to the hospital north of here to get it fixed , it is a little bit of a mess .

Comment

Originally posted by ianoz View Post
              Broke my finger , so off to the hospital north of here to get it fixed , it is a little bit of a mess .
              Ouchy .. Howd that happen ?

Comment

Originally posted by alancaddy View Post
                Sunday ferry is always the busiest of the week, it's pretty bad for mainland company's that come over here to work and then find out they can only work six days instead of seven must add a lot to there costs

Well I remember the first time it sailed .. and broke down .. my mother used to make my father put up a washing behind the barn on Sundays.. so no neighbours could see it You do realise Alan there will be people reading this,.. thinking WTF?

Comment

Digging out my Ford 4600 with the hedge flail on the back to grease it all up and check it out ready to start hedging on Tuesday 1st Sept which is first day allowed. Just hope with all this rain the field isn't a quagmire that I'll leave deep ruts in.

Comment

Originally posted by ianoz View Post

OW!!
                    ....... don't forget the pix !!
                    If it's got tracks, wheels, t*ts, or an engine, at some point it's gonna give you trouble!!

Comment

Originally posted by Muz View Post
                      Well I remember the first time it sailed .. and broke down .. my mother used to make my father put up a washing behind the barn on Sundays.. so no neighbours could see it You do realise Alan there will be people reading this,.. thinking WTF?
                      Is it still 'dry' up there on Sundays Muz - There're parts of Wales still like it, least there were, last time I was in 'em!!

Comment

Originally posted by v8druid View Post
                        Is it still 'dry' up there on Sundays Muz - There're parts of Wales still like it, least there were, last time I was in 'em!!
                        Not where we are on the mainland .. they'll take a dram alright! just worshiping a different holy spirit

Comment

There are two pubs open on a Sunday up here,there is even a filling station open for a few hours to get fuel but it's not that long ago that started, no supermarkets or shops open though.

Comment

I think theres a ban on Sunday trading in England too for many establishments .. but it didnt strike me as for the same reasons ?.... they wont get burned at the stake like some of the cheuchters if you start your old Fordson on a Sunday for example .. I must be the spawn of satan then

Comment

Starting a tractor on a Sunday, maybe one day that will happen! Nobody will even mow there lawns like most other people do.

Comment

Working...
                              X