Case CX15 buzzer going off and service manual required

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Case CX15 buzzer going off and service manual required

Hi, do any of you knowledgable folk know what the buzzer on an old Case CX15 excavator means? Everything is working as normal and the engine oil, hydraulic fluid, radiator water are all at the correct levels. Also, do you know where I can obtain the service manual? Regards, John

Originally posted by JohnPearson View Post
    Hi, do any of you knowledgable folk know what the buzzer on an old Case CX15 excavator means? Everything is working as normal and the engine oil, hydraulic fluid, radiator water are all at the correct levels. Also, do you know where I can obtain the service manual? Regards, John
    Dont have an specific knowledge of this digger, but my suspicions would be a faulty sensor making it go off

One at a time it might be worth trying to disconnect the water temp, oil pressure, air filter sensor etc to see if that makes it go off ? Is it on constantly at any revs and temperature ?
    Please don't PM me for plant advice.. thanks .. Post in the forum where I will gladly help, as will many of our contributors.. as the info and responses will help everyone else, which is why we exist

Comment

Thanks Muz, I think these diggers are few and far between with little technical I nformation available.
      The buzzer sounds as soon as I turn the key and it stays buzzing whilst I use the machine. It is a bit odd, it started last week.
      I think your suggestion is the only way forward as it seems impossible to find any service manuals for this machine so I can't trace the wiring. I shall have a closer look at it tomorrow and post my findings.
      It is an old machine but it's been so useful over the years and in the main, other than hoses, it has worked faultlesly.

Comment

Commonly systems rely on the sensor going to ground to create the fault .. so the 'brain' knows to sound the alarm ..it could also be a faulty earth somewhere .. or a wire leading to the sensor chaffing on a bit of chassis causing it to 'ground' thereby showing the fault .. I take it youve checked all the fuses ?
        Please don't PM me for plant advice.. thanks .. Post in the forum where I will gladly help, as will many of our contributors.. as the info and responses will help everyone else, which is why we exist

Comment

Thanks Muz, I think these diggers are few and far between with little technical I nformation available.
          The buzzer sounds as soon as I turn the key and it stays buzzing whilst I use the machine. It is a bit odd, it started last week.
          I think your suggestion is the only way forward as it seems impossible to find any service manuals for this machine so I can't trace the wiring. I shall have a closer look at it tomorrow and post my findings.
          It is an old machine but it's been so useful over the years and in the main, other than hoses, it has worked faultlesly.
          Hi Guys is this a painted Kx 41/ Case C 15? Does the ignition light come on when the key is turned on? Could we have a pic of the alternator/ generator please.

Mick

Comment

Originally posted by Mick-the-fitter View Post
            Hi Guys is this a painted Kx 41/ Case C 15? Does the ignition light come on when the key is turned on? Could we have a pic of the alternator/ generator please.

Mick
            AFAIK Mick the last branded Kubotas/Case were the C 'K' series and not the CX .. I stand to be enlightened though gents

Comment

Originally posted by Muz View Post
              AFAIK Mick the last branded Kubotas/Case were the C 'K' series and not the CX .. I stand to be enlightened though gents
              Hi Mate,

Sorry your right, what engine does the C15 run? It will all come flooding back to me, Mick

Comment

Originally posted by Mick-the-fitter View Post
                Hi Mate,

Sorry your right, what engine does the C15 run? It will all come flooding back to me, Mick

Hi Mick, the machine has a three cylinder Perkins diesel.

Comment

Originally posted by Muz View Post
                  Commonly systems rely on the sensor going to ground to create the fault .. so the 'brain' knows to sound the alarm ..it could also be a faulty earth somewhere .. or a wire leading to the sensor chaffing on a bit of chassis causing it to 'ground' thereby showing the fault .. I take it youve checked all the fuses ?
                  Yes, the fuzes seem ok. I haven't tried pulling out the relays though. If the weather is ok I will try this tomorrow.

Comment

I've got a cx16 my mate has a cx15. I've. Got a parts and operating manual for it, but I am off to Dorset in the morning so you would have to wait.
                    I would try unplugging the oil pressure one.
                    Before I had my cx16 I had a fermec and it was nearly the same machine.
                    Think case bought out ferguson mechanical IMG_00000585.jpgIMG_00000585.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by diggerjones View Post
                      I've got a cx16 my mate has a cx15. I've. Got a parts and operating manual for it, but I am off to Dorset in the morning so you would have to wait.
                      I would try unplugging the oil pressure one.
                      Before I had my cx16 I had a fermec and it was nearly the same machine.
                      Think case bought out ferguson mechanical [ATTACH=CONFIG]2838[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]2838[/ATTACH]
                      Yes, that's the machine. I have checked the sensors and they seem to be ok. One of the wires was broken on the air filter sensor but that wasn't the cause of the problem.
                      What I have discovered is that if I move the wires under the left hand control leaver the buzzing stops so I think it is a short on the cable to the buzzer. The only way to check is to take the left hand control leaver assembly apart but at the moment I have to finish the digging job otherwise I will be in big trouble.
                      I would like to source the service manual if anyone knows of one up for sale or a download would be just as good.
                      Thank you and the other members for your help and suggestions, greatly appreciated.
                      Regards.

Comment

Hi, do any of you knowledgable folk know ................... ? Regards, John
                        Hi John, in all the excitement of trying to help, no one's said hello and welcome along, so I just have

What part the world do you hide/lurk in usually then and do you have any other kit that might be of interest, to this bunch o' plant junkies

Photos are always good too Boyo, once you get yer post count up a bit, for attachments, or just go the Photobucket type route, with links ! We all LOVE pix

Glad to hear it's sorted though, sort of - least you have a fair idea of where to 'delve' now

Gra
                        If it's got tracks, wheels, t*ts, or an engine, at some point it's gonna give you trouble!!

Comment

Originally posted by v8druid View Post
                          Hi John, in all the excitement of trying to help, no one's said hello and welcome along, so I just have

What part the world do you hide/lurk in usually then and do you have any other kit that might be of interest, to this bunch o' plant junkies

Photos are always good too Boyo, once you get yer post count up a bit, for attachments, or just go the Photobucket type route, with links ! We all LOVE pix

Glad to hear it's sorted though, sort of - least you have a fair idea of where to 'delve' now

Gra
                          Thank you Gra, that's very kind of you.

I am based in Sussex and have just the one machine that I use for occasional local jobs. Technically I've retired but it's rather difficult to give it all up and sit on a deckchair looking out to sea all day, I like doing things too much.

I shall get a photo of the machine and post it up on the site, I think mine is a 'series 1' CX15 but basically the same as the series 2. It's probably old enough to be a collectors item!

I will post my findings regarding the annoying buzzer fault just as soon as I get a moment to take the thing to pieces.

regards,
                          John

Comment

Working...
                          X