X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Come the **** on ? Cyclists & HGV's

You couldnt make this up

http://www.constructionenquirer.com/...ban-in-london/

Isn't it pretty much incumbent on cyclists, to not get on the Inside of an LGV
    Please don't PM me for plant advice.. thanks .. Post in the forum where I will gladly help, as will many of our contributors.. as the info and responses will help everyone else, which is why we exist

Was in the truck last week had a cycilist in front of me as i approached the bridge over the river .We now have laws here got to give them a clear metre ,and over 80kph 1.5 metres clearance .
    With double lines ,i can't give him clearance to get passed with out breaking the law , so sit behind him .
    After the bridge opens out to 3 lanes ,one left turn and 2 straight ahead ,,i wish to turn left so with the speed difference between us ,quickly get round him and turn left the road goes down hill for a couple of hundred metres then there is a school .
    As it is pickup time for the school zone , speedlimit is reduced to 40 kph .
    So ,I reduce speed to 40 kph and approach the crossing ,next thing Lycra man on the bike has come up the inside of me and straight passed , .Hum Undertaking speeding in a school zone , Should report such dangerousdriving , but can't as there is no number plate .
    Thing is , this area has a very good network of bike tracks , but the lycra heros won't use them .Aceholes .

Comment

I searched youtube to find this clip ... its almost exactly the one I was looking for, I assume this guy cycles this route often, and I drive it often. He weaves in and out of traffic constantly and is a total menace. It may not be the same guy, but as an HGV driver these guys make your life a pain. On this journey I had to overtake the same guy about 6 times, and I had to slow to his speed to do so, so I could do it safely, and so, he slowed the entire road of traffic to his speed.

Every time the traffic came to a halt he just went to the front of the queue, instead of stopping with the traffic. There wasnt any point in closing the gap at the kerb, he'd just go round the other side causing utter frustration, see what I mean 6.00 in ?

Just to illustrate the frustration, look how he then fights with another driver so much, the driver rams the car in front ? at 1.48 ... actually made me laugh that bit

Both clips are from the same ride
      Please don't PM me for plant advice.. thanks .. Post in the forum where I will gladly help, as will many of our contributors.. as the info and responses will help everyone else, which is why we exist

Comment

Hate cyclists!

Went to to over take one the other day who as I approached would weave out into the middle of the road in a dangerous manner! Turns out he had headphones in and never knew I was there!!

Comment

Well there are some good guys out there Jim .. but just to illustrate my point here's a wit who goes through a red light, and you can't really see him do it on this forum but he gesticulates, and was shouting and bawling at the driver who 'dared' to cross in front of him ?

This was taken on one of my drives this morning in the truck, and I see it daily, day in, day out .. what are these idiots on ? do they go out for a cycle and look for trouble ? ... I think some of them do ? See for your selves ?

If you right click on the vid and select 'watch it in HD on vimeo's site' you'll see him do it there as its full HD 1080p quality

Comment

Originally posted by Muz View Post
            I see it daily, day in, day out .. what are these idiots on ?
            Just in case you thought I was over egging it .. here's todays muppet / red light jumper ... shame these guys aren't forced to have number plates ?

Comment

which brings us back nicely to this thread/post No 5

http://www.plantandconstruction.co.uk/showthread.php?1812-Cyclists-exposed&p=12798&viewfull=5#post12798

Comment

Working...
              X