JCB 801.7 Radiator removal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JCB 801.7 Radiator removal

This is my first post and despite putting every variation of "JCB 801.7 radiator replacement" I cannot find anything.
    So with apologies to all those who have been on the forum for ages and cry "oh no not again" can anyone advise me where i can see the relevant parts list / service diagram that could show me how to extract the radiator. I think a bit of blackthorn caused the leak.
    Many thanks and many apologies if this is already somewhere on the forum.

Maurice
    Romsey, Hants

Welcome dude , we wouldn't do that ? If you can't get the rear quarters off you'll need to possibly slacken the engine mounts after stripping as much off the rad as you can.... Bugger of a job my old kx41's were a nightmare to do. At least you should be able to solder the leak hopefully rather than need to replace the core
    Please don't PM me for plant advice.. thanks .. Post in the forum where I will gladly help, as will many of our contributors.. as the info and responses will help everyone else, which is why we exist

Comment

Rear Quarters

Thank you Muz, Is taking off those weighty bits difficult or just heavy?

Comment

Originally posted by mauricehillier View Post
        Thank you Muz, Is taking off those weighty bits difficult or just heavy?
        On some machines you just cant do it ....dunno about yours ? have you had a good look for mount bolts all around the base? and inside the frame ? ..... the manufacturers have some mesmeric faith that you should never need to be in there ? In the real world however ..Ive proved them wrong on a daily basis. Look closely and hard, with a torch .. cos if they do come off, it will simplify your job immensely. They arent usually that heavy despite their purpose OTOH they might form part of the counterweight, and weigh a good bit. Take some pix and post up
        Please don't PM me for plant advice.. thanks .. Post in the forum where I will gladly help, as will many of our contributors.. as the info and responses will help everyone else, which is why we exist

Comment

Working...
        X