Clear All

• For Stock!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TsY5umMfUxg

Different animal those langers
    Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by ianoz View Post
      Different animal those langers
      Well the first pic looks about right ....... 'specially if it were a diesel

Got a dumper'd show those two how to do it though
      If it's got tracks, wheels, t*ts, or an engine, at some point it's gonna give you trouble!!

Comment

The Defenders are pretty rare here and I think cost a small fortune to have one imported. I do like the idea of the diesel engine variant though what make of engine were they using? Always thought the Australian Army variant the Perentie was interesting with the 6x6 capability.

Comment

Originally posted by 245dlc View Post
          The Defenders are pretty rare here and I think cost a small fortune to have one imported. I do like the idea of the diesel engine variant though what make of engine were they using? Always thought the Australian Army variant the Perentie was interesting with the 6x6 capability.
          The type that are hand grenade shaped and have the pin removed before delivery ....... wait for the BANG!!

Take a look at Pinzgauers Bert

The Swiss army have an auction twice a year in Thun - nearly went once - they can be bought real cheap - or at least could, before everyone cottoned on to 'em IIRC Veedub diesel motors in 'em and portal axles so real good ground clearance - beautifully put together

If it's got tracks, wheels, t*ts, or an engine, at some point it's gonna give you trouble!!

Comment

Comment

I think Schwarzenegger (hope I spelt that right) owns one. I think it would be quite costly for me to import something like that here and parts could be interesting to acquire. Impressive vehicle nevertheless only thing it lacks is looks. At least the Defender has some respectable looks.

These were used by the Canadian Army until about 12-15 years ago called an Iltis Jeep designed by VW and originally powered by a Rabbit Diesel in Germany and Belgium but for some reason when built under license in Canada they were built with a petrol motor. They were loved and hated in the army but when they were dumped on the civilian market after being replaced by MB G-wagen's lots of people were pretty eager to buy them despite being sold for prices as high as $6,000 each! Sometimes I wouldn't mind one but would take a lot of time and money to fix one up.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VQ1vv07ypbs

http://www.iltiscanada.com/2.html

Comment

I think Schwarzenegger (hope I spelt that right) owns one. I think it would be quite costly for me to import something like that here and parts could be interesting to acquire. Impressive vehicle nevertheless only thing it lacks is looks. At least the Defender has some respectable looks.

These were used by the Canadian Army until about 12-15 years ago called an Iltis Jeep designed by VW and originally powered by a Rabbit Diesel in Germany and Belgium but for some reason when built under license in Canada they were built with a petrol motor. They were loved and hated in the army but when they were dumped on the civilian market after being replaced by MB G-wagen's lots of people were pretty eager to buy them despite being sold for prices as high as $6,000 each! Sometimes I wouldn't mind one but would take a lot of time and money to fix one up.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VQ1vv07ypbs

http://www.iltiscanada.com/2.html
                I have seen those before Bert and are reasonable things....... but ............ Pinz wins hands down - I love their 'purposeful look' and they are 'some tool' ........ Quite reminiscent of the old Landy forward controls, that our military used to run .......

but the 101 wasn't a patch on the Pinz IMHDO ...... good, but lacked the technology of the Pinzgauers and they were a lump to live with.

I'd have a Pinz in a heart beat ....... at the right money ........ they've become expensive !!

Comment

If I really wanted to go for ex-military Graeme I'd probably opt for one of these as they are readily available here in Canada and the U.S. as both countries have had some variation on this Military Pattern I have driven an old 5 ton model in the past and it really was a beast to say the least.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/M35_2%...on_cargo_truck

You could push down trees with the front bumper and never hurt it!

Comment

If I really wanted to go for ex-military Graeme I'd probably opt for one of these as they are readily available here in Canada and the U.S. as both countries have had some variation on this Military Pattern I have driven an old 5 ton model in the past and it really was a beast to say the least.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/M35_2%...on_cargo_truck

You could push down trees with the front bumper and never hurt it!
                    Ah! The ubiquitous REO Speedwagon ...... the truck that won the war ......... amongst others!
                    Their payload is a joke really, for the size of 'em, but they sure are unstoppable Bert and a nightmare to drive, by all accounts

Comment

Driving one is like driving a rock for sure but they are incredibly tough later variants were re-equipped with Allison Automatic transmissions and license built Canadian ones had Detroit 6V53 engines and super single tires instead of having duals giving them better off-highway mobility. It wasn't until the '90's that the Americans started making some of these changes when many went through a rebuild program. They are popular in the U.S. for converting in to wildland firefighting trucks because they are built in such a robust fashion.

Comment

See if we can get that Blind Irish Man to spot this once again ,
                        12039179_509724029203688_6489309394309707796_n.jpg11330028_845831698787968_2245774806585271382_n.jpg

Comment

Bump , ya Blind Irishman

Comment

This old fish is too wiley to bite...............
                            A driven man with a burning passion.

Comment

so , have they come up with any thing to replace the defender ,or is it just end of an era .

Comment

Working...
                              X