Quarry and construction sites

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Quarry and construction sites

My oldest son has landed a operators job with a national quarrying company. His first month is in and he's already been in meetings with the big bosses,they seem to be very impressed with how quickly he's settled into ,also how quickly he's learning the ropes in what can be a very demanding working environment . So they've decided to start looking into putting him through his crusher tickets ,loading shovel,360,and possibly dozer tickets (great opportunity). My question is will it be this type of training .....

Training and development

Once you are working, your employer will put you through work-based qualifications accredited by the Mineral Products Qualifications Council (MPQC).
    The exact qualification you take will depend on your job role and level of responsibility, but could include:
    • Level 2 (NVQ) Certificate/Diploma in Processing Operations for the Extractive and Minerals Processing Industries
    • Level 2 Certificate in Plant Operations (Extractives - Accessing Plant)
    • Level 3 Certificate/Diploma in Processing Operations for the Extractive and Minerals Processing Industries
    • Level 3 Diploma in Shotfiring for the Extractive and Minerals Processing Industries.

• And can they be used in any other industry ...ie ...construction sites and the like ... I'm just curious

Dial before you dig

Nvq's

Pretty sure he will get his CPCS blue cards once he has done his NvQ which will mean they will be valid on other sites. All cards are personal property not company so copies are available from relevant awarding bodies.

Comment

Working...
    X