Kubota KX018-4

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kubota KX018-4

I have just taken delivery of a Kubota KX018-4 yesterday, can anyone tell where the switch is that allows the change between backhoe pattern control and SAE pattern, I think it is called TPSS switch but I cannot find it.

Merry Christmas

manual

Has it come with no manual ? under the seat base ?

Comment

Yeah it should be beneath the switch on the right hand side I believe.

Comment

Help

Originally posted by 245dlc View Post
        Yeah it should be beneath the switch on the right hand side I believe.
        Yes I have the manual but it doesn't mention the switch, and I am struggling like hell having used a backhoe for years so any advice very welcome

Comment

tpss

?? to be honest i would learn the pattern , as it still does not fall right changing to backhoe , as the controls are at the side , not in front
          Attached Files

Comment

Not There

Originally posted by d4c24a View Post
            ?? to be honest i would learn the pattern , as it still does not fall right changing to backhoe , as the controls are at the side , not in front
            Hi Tea Boy

Thank you for that but it is not there, I am starting to think that it is an option perhaps that I didn't know about.

Unfortunately when it was delivered the driver wasn't even sure how to get it off his trailer so wasn't able to give me a proper handover with any operational tips etc so I am just trying to work it out.

The manual is there but like most blokes only read it when I get stuck! unfortunately with Christmas everywhere is shut so can't contact Kubota to ask.

As you say this old dog may have to learn some new tricks after all !

Many Thanks

Michael

Comment

Originally posted by Malvern Michael View Post
              Hi Tea Boy
              d4c24a is a full contributing forum member .. his low post count ranks him 'tea boy' just to be clear

I'm intrigued how you can have a UK product that doesent conform to UK specs ? (and welcome btw)
              Please don't PM me for plant advice.. thanks .. Post in the forum where I will gladly help, as will many of our contributors.. as the info and responses will help everyone else, which is why we exist

Comment

I'm not sure

Originally posted by Muz View Post
                d4c24a is a full contibuting forum member .. his low post count ranks him 'tea boy' just to be clear

I'm intrigued how you can have a UK product that doesent conform to UK specs ? (and welcome btw)
                Hi
                sorry about the Tea Boy, still learning.

unfortunatly because of the Christmas break I can't check anything with the dealer or Kubota but the leaflet I have on the Kx018-4 doesn't show the switch for the changing of the operating pattern, but online they do.

I am starting to wonder if uk machines don't get this feature unless you know different?

Thanks

Michael

Comment

titles

Originally posted by Muz View Post
                  d4c24a is a full contibuting forum member .. his low post count ranks him 'tea boy' just to be clear

I did wonder where that came from then saw it under my user name not that it's a problem though

Comment

Thanks

Thank you for the plan but I can't find it so will have to wait for the dealer to come up and explain.

Comment

wait

Originally posted by Malvern Michael View Post
                      Thank you for the plan but I can't find it so will have to wait for the dealer to come up and explain.

The time you have spent waiting , you would have mastered it sat on a heap practicing , less than a day and you would have it

Comment

The time you have spent waiting , you would have mastered it sat on a heap practicing , less than a day and you would have it
                        Yes you are right, if only we had a dry day since it was delivered but our land is a bog and using the machine would have just made things worse.

I do intend to use it as is now, just waiting for the weather to improve and the dealer to come over.

Comment

Revs

Ok, now the rain has stopped and the dealer has been up I am getting some practice.

question? A friend of mine has a similar Kubota and said the revs should be about a 1/3 throttle when working but the dealer said I should set throttle at max revs!

who is right please?

Comment

Max revs ... unless you are loading or unloading from a truck or some delicate manouvering. The digger only generates full working pressure when the revs are up, and you will often stall it whilst the engine is loaded unless you keep the revs up
                            Please don't PM me for plant advice.. thanks .. Post in the forum where I will gladly help, as will many of our contributors.. as the info and responses will help everyone else, which is why we exist

Comment

You could try 1/2 to 3/4 revs while you are still learning, and going gently at things, but like Muz said you don't want to keep stalling it.
                              I found it was not possible to lift half the county in one bucketful, so aim for half buckets, you will always end up with more, but its the rhythm you want to get. When you don't have to think which lever does what, then you will achieve much more.
                              Good luck.

Comment

Working...
                              X