Proximity Warning Systems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Proximity Warning Systems

I hear talk that some sites will or are already requiring these systems on machines.

Anyone got experience of fitting and using these systems? From any supplier?
    They are used to warn machine operators and people on site when they are near a machine.
    When someone enters a zone a warning is given.

Anyone know what they typically cost i.e. to fit a system to a machine - any machine but in particular a HEX - say a Cat 320?

A bit impractical for small kit I'd have thought, what size of machine is it to go on ? ... I can see the logic, can it tell the difference between a brickie and a bollard ?
    Please don't PM me for plant advice.. thanks .. Post in the forum where I will gladly help, as will many of our contributors.. as the info and responses will help everyone else, which is why we exist

Comment

Presumably they are passive infra red sensors, like your outside flood light sensors but tweaked to just cover a small local area. So they will use the heat of a human body and WILL know the difference between a Brickie and a bollard. They would have to be very short range not to be triggering all the time on a busy building site.

Comment

bit of a bad comparison there as its often difficult to tell the difference between a brikkie and a bollard at the best of times
        seen an experimental one on the front of a 6t dumper a couple of years ago when working in a sub station and every dumper had to have a banksman walk in front of it at all times, probably one of the sillyiest site rules ever but it did work to a degree

Comment

Originally posted by sandy2210 View Post
          bit of a bad comparison there as its often difficult to tell the difference between a brikkie and a bollard at the best of times
          well ... we all have our opinions ... its joiners who I have it in for right now .. wood butchers .. and they all like a bevvy
          Please don't PM me for plant advice.. thanks .. Post in the forum where I will gladly help, as will many of our contributors.. as the info and responses will help everyone else, which is why we exist

Comment

Working...
          X