Kubota Kx61-2........ machine swing weak

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kubota Kx61-2........ machine swing weak

Hi, have a Kubota KX61-2, when I swing with the servo control, the action is extremely weak, both left and right, example, if back filling trench, machine does not have enough power to push small amount of soil back into trench with a swing motion, however with bucket off the ground, machine will slew 360 degrees with no load, New hydraulic oil, suction filter and return filters fitted, but made no difference, any ideas where to look next? Is there a small filter under servo control? previous machine, (not Kubota) had one here, and was like a different machine when this was changed,

Thanks in Advance.

Older ones had drive pinion failure where the motor output shaft received into the drive pinion which was internally splined .... That wore out and the drive failed. The motor is orbital which means the pinion is splined and longitudinally beveled ... It's motion was elliptical If the pressures are fine, it's a strip down job to confirm, doesn't take long..... But DO NOT strip the drive motor !!!!! As its all timed
    Please don't PM me for plant advice.. thanks .. Post in the forum where I will gladly help, as will many of our contributors.. as the info and responses will help everyone else, which is why we exist

Comment

Originally posted by Muz View Post
      Older ones had drive pinion failure where the motor output shaft received into the drive pinion which was internally splined .... That wore out and the drive failed. The motor is orbital which means the pinion is splined and longitudinally beveled ... It's motion was elliptical If the pressures are fine, it's a strip down job to confirm, doesn't take long..... But DO NOT strip the drive motor !!!!! As its all timed

Hi Muz, thanks for your reply, I'm fairly new to all this, it still swings ok, and will 360 smoothly in either direction, but as soon as i try and push soil theres no real power behind it, so was thinking maybe more pressure related, but not sure how to go about checking pressure for this function

everything else seems fine, maybe tracking is a little weak, but 2 speed tracking still works, and seems even, also the 20 amp fuse has blown twice, once when unloading in the dark from a trailer, when the work lights were on, and once when I was tracking backwards, pulling over a small rotten shed, again with the lights on.

Comment

I see .. well slew is not a strong function, and side swiping is generally frowned upon as 'good practice' most people do it but , in reality the gearing power of the drive is not designed to do anything more than rotate the upper structure. In reality it does do more than that, say for example you were sitting on a slope and needed to swing a bucket full of stone from the lower part , to a placement above you, the slew would need to overcome that load .. but thats all its designed to do, its not meant to be able to physically push a load from left to right as you dig
        Please don't PM me for plant advice.. thanks .. Post in the forum where I will gladly help, as will many of our contributors.. as the info and responses will help everyone else, which is why we exist

Comment

Originally posted by Muz View Post
          I see .. well slew is not a strong function, and side swiping is generally frowned upon as 'good practice' most people do it but , in reality the gearing power of the drive is not designed to do anything more than rotate the upper structure. In reality it does do more than that, say for example you were sitting on a slope and needed to swing a bucket full of stone from the lower part , to a placement above you, the slew would need to overcome that load .. but thats all its designed to do, its not meant to be able to physically push a load from left to right as you dig

Hi Muz, fair enough, I take your point, thanks for your advice, very grateful for your input

Comment

http://www.plantandconstruction.co.u...hink-the-worst

Have a quick look at this thread, don't know if you can do the same with your machine, but it made one hell of a difference to mine.

Comment

Originally posted by 2414.ginger View Post
              http://www.plantandconstruction.co.u...hink-the-worst

Have a quick look at this thread, don't know if you can do the same with your machine, but it made one hell of a difference to mine.

Hi 2414ginger, Thanks very much for the thread, very interesting, I've just dug out the footings and move 100 ton of soil, and machine was great, slew still weak, but not that noticeable, when busy, I have noticed it drops a little oil when parked, when i get 5 mins, I will investigate symptoms, and see if it could be the same as your thread

Comment

Working...
              X