Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Evening All

Evening all
    My name is Kevin i am a farm worker, i own a 1971 David Brown 880 Selectamatic tractor which i am slowly restoring and an old tractor mounted Mcconnel pa8 digger which gets used around the farm.
    My main interests are plant and machinery and farm machinery and i am a big JCB fan.
    I also do a bit of mountain biking when i get the time.

Welcome dude last 880 I drove was a slurry scraper as a young lad jammed a spade into the starter to get it going
    Please don't PM me for plant advice.. thanks .. Post in the forum where I will gladly help, as will many of our contributors.. as the info and responses will help everyone else, which is why we exist

Comment

We used to have an 885 then a 1390!

I am am a JCB fan too so we need to stick together round here!

Comment

Hi wee jim
        yep JCB does seem to be getting a bit of bashing at the moment, mind you i think it does deserve it at times!
        As for starting an 880 with spade thats just cruel! lol

Comment

Originally posted by kevindb880 View Post
          As for starting an 880 with spade thats just cruel! lol
          Aye but she were hardy .... sparked a bit..... but didnt mind
          Please don't PM me for plant advice.. thanks .. Post in the forum where I will gladly help, as will many of our contributors.. as the info and responses will help everyone else, which is why we exist

Comment

Welcome Kevin
            Driving an 880 with a scraper on every day, and it starts well on the key.
            I see there is one for sale on another forum, if you need one for spares, let me know if you are interested and I will post up a link.
            I also have a workshop manual for that model, pm me if you would like a copy.
            Good luck with your restore.

Comment

Evening Ginger
              Thanks for offer of manuals ect, i have a good collection of 880 manuals and its mainly cosmetic work now required.
              I had the engine,clutches, brakes,and hydraulics all stripped and rebuilt. I am having a bit of trouble with a wiring loom i have bought for it as some of the wires are not the right colour but i am working on it!

Comment

Originally posted by 2414.ginger View Post
                and it starts well on the key.
                ooohhhhh thats pure lush

Comment

Welcome to the forum Kevin.. We have a couple of David Browns , but ours are on Tracks .

Comment

Druidic greetings Kevin and welcome ..... you have to be brave to admit to being a Jake fan these days ..... 'less it's an old one
                    "my other digger's" a black cab CX on a D plate and a good old tool he is too. Stretched his legs Friday and still does a good job, fairplay ....... once I remember to remember the boom's on the left again and't dipper's in me right paw !

Can't beat the front end for shifting large piles of crap though
                    If it's got tracks, wheels, t*ts, or an engine, at some point it's gonna give you trouble!!

Comment

Working...
                    X