Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Got given a bucket for free but...........

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Got given a bucket for free but...........

it doesn't fit my hitch, centres were 12mm out so decided to modify it, probably not the done thing?

IMAG0867.jpg

welded

IMAG0872.jpg

Painted and fitted

IMAG0883.jpg

job done and sitting pretty ...... looks perfectly satisfactory to me ...... as long as it's welded tidy .... welds are stronger than the parent material, executed correctly
    If it's got tracks, wheels, t*ts, or an engine, at some point it's gonna give you trouble!!

Comment

Cheers Druid, wouldn't have bothered if it hadn't been for your thread giving me inspiration

Comment

Originally posted by fairmer View Post
        Cheers Druid, wouldn't have bothered if it hadn't been for your thread giving me inspiration

Well that's nice to hear Boyo .... Thanks .... there're often some nice buckets about with weird pick ups that make for a cheap buy ....... if you're prepared to make the effort to alter 'em.

Not always viable, paying to have it done, but a bit of DIY and you can save quite a few bob.

Keep up the good work
        If it's got tracks, wheels, t*ts, or an engine, at some point it's gonna give you trouble!!

Comment

Looks fine Ive done plenty myself .. for reference the correct method ( not sure if you tried it ?) is to buff off a good bevel on each edge so your weld goes deep into the pieces you are jointing ... but a good few layers with good heat will also work fine
          Please don't PM me for plant advice.. thanks .. Post in the forum where I will gladly help, as will many of our contributors.. as the info and responses will help everyone else, which is why we exist

Comment

Originally posted by Muz View Post
            Looks fine Ive done plenty myself .. for reference the correct method ( not sure if you tried it ?) is to buff off a good bevel on each edge so your weld goes deep into the pieces you are jointing ... but a good few layers with good heat will also work fine
            Looking at it and if he's been following my thread, I'd be guessing that it's been deep vee-ed ... looks like it's pretty well attached

Comment

Full pen! Well nearly apart from the odd slag inclusion, etc etc.

Comment

Originally posted by fairmer View Post
                Full pen! Well nearly apart from the odd slag inclusion, etc etc.

good lad

Comment

Working...
                X